Kamen Rider Kabuto - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Dude...you've seen one episode and clips of Hibiki, you're hardly in the position to comment on something. Episode one was nothing representative of the series.

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Mihara said:
Dude...you've seen one episode and clips of Hibiki, you're hardly in the position to comment on something. Episode one was nothing representative of the series.

Yes, I've seen those and it was bored. It's not really... Kamen Rider. :eyebrow:

So, now... I'm definitely going to watch this new series. Entirely hopefully.

FreedomR8G6B1

ForeverRed said:
Yes, I've seen those and it was bored. It's not really... Kamen Rider. :eyebrow:

So, now... I'm definitely going to watch this new series. Entirely hopefully.

So seriously...how many episodes did you see???

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Mihara said:
Like I said, he saw episode one fully and then got clips from JH

Yeah, and still there's some harsh judgement of Hibiki going on. Anybody's who's seen any real portion of the show knows that it isn't nearly as bad as the ignorant, prejudicial fans like to think.

FreedomR8G6B1

Mihara said:
Like I said, he saw episode one fully and then got clips from JH

I'll agree Hibiki is unorthodox...and considered terrible by many...but those who slammed the series at least saw 3-5 "full" episodes before declaring the showed sucked...I actually watched eps. 1-25 and the two episodes featuring Ninja Arashi/Kamen Rider Shuki...lol

MaraJade

Fear the glasses!!
Mihara said:

Not to mention that about Ep 32, the series goes completely in another direction...

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Yup, seeing Ibuki flip out towards the end was really out of character for him, but I think they wrote Hibiki(the character) well enough the full way through. I would have loved if they kept him breathing fire though.

Kyusaku

ForeverRed said:
Huh? I didn't say anything.
You starting this thread without even watching it, is something. Should've let Igadevil start it with his summary.

Anyways, as I stated I would not post in this topic again until I watched the first episode.

They're back again with the Rider organization. They seem to really like using this concept. Except now we start off with Rider footsoliders instead of waiting til second half of the series like Faiz. Our main hero, Tendou Souji, seems like an enlightened fellow, as if he were a monk. Maybe his grandmother, whom he constantly quotes, was a monk. He comes off kinda really lame and cheesy sometimes. Especially when he introduces himself. He's somewhat secretive of his thoughts and probably has some inner demons to deal with later on.

The loser character whom we seem to follow around, Kagami Shin, is pretty typical so far. He's the loser that wants to be a Rider, but is overshadowed by Souji and isn't respected by his peers.

The universe has a lot of potential, that hopefully will not be wasted. I get somewhat of a Faiz/Blade vibe from the universe. Except the Worms haven't really shown any inteligent thought yet. They can take human form, but appear somewhat zombie-like, and can move extremely fast. It's interesting how the Worms evolve or change forms. I guess this is why Kabuto has a similar concept.

So far, the series seems pretty decent, although Mizushima Hiro's acting as Tendou Souji slightly worries me. He really comes off as a bit over-the-top at times. Instead of looking wise beyond his years and cool, he ends up looking a little goofy and lame.

Igadevil

Mr. Kamen Rider
Yeah, I'm wondering what the significance of mentioning his grandma all the time was. I have to see where they're going to take his character, because so far he seems like kind of a jerk! Not the makings of a great hero, but it's still just one episode in.

Mizushima's okay, but I sort of wish Hosokawa could have been saved for this show now. :laugh:

MaraJade

Fear the glasses!!
Mihara said:
Yup, seeing Ibuki flip out towards the end was really out of character for him, but I think they wrote Hibiki(the character) well enough the full way through. I would have loved if they kept him breathing fire though.

Yeah, I was happy with how they wrote Hibiki...and I was surprised at how human they made the Oni (Ibuki flipping out, etc.) Not to mention, the reason he DID flip out...not characteristic of Rider genre...

The movie has this awesome part that totally took me by surprise...breathing fire...I wish they'd used it more...

Igadevil

Mr. Kamen Rider
Thanks for all the comments for those who've read the summary. With help from the TV-Asahi page summary (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kabuto/03_story/index.html) I went back and edited my first post, filling in all the correct names, and adding a few quotes and other details to give a better synopsis. Hopefully everyone else who hasn't already will get a chance to see this episode soon and judge for themselves.

I want to add that I really like the "insect wing" motif used in the OP scene and at the end of the episode (for the "last shot" part like we've had since Kuuga.)

Igadevil

Mr. Kamen Rider
Yeah, the DX Henshin Belt & infamous Sausage commercials were on there today. The Sausages come with special cards. I hope I'll start seeing these in stores soon. :laugh:

The BGM was pretty good. Like everything else, I need a few episodes to get used to it and I need to hear it a few times for it to sink in, but from what we did get, I think it reminded me the most of Faiz, more electronic than the Hibiki music to fit with the techno-theme the show sort of has going on.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Igadevil said:
Mizushima's okay, but I sort of wish Hosokawa could have been saved for this show now. :laugh:
He was great in Hibiki, but it doesn't seem like that'll get him very far. It would be nice to see him in a Kamen Rider again one day.

taku

I enjoyed it a lot. A LOT. The action was great, and the characters are quite promising. Loved the end battle, and the way Tendou finished the Worm rocked. Hopefully they throw in some more of these creative finishes every now and again, instead of having to RAAIDAAA KICK every episode. I can't wait to see the rest of this series!

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?