Kamen Rider Kabuto - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

Mr. Kamen Rider
Yeah, I'm wondering what the significance of mentioning his grandma all the time was. I have to see where they're going to take his character, because so far he seems like kind of a jerk! Not the makings of a great hero, but it's still just one episode in.

Mizushima's okay, but I sort of wish Hosokawa could have been saved for this show now. :laugh:

Fear the glasses!!
Mihara said:
Yup, seeing Ibuki flip out towards the end was really out of character for him, but I think they wrote Hibiki(the character) well enough the full way through. I would have loved if they kept him breathing fire though.

Yeah, I was happy with how they wrote Hibiki...and I was surprised at how human they made the Oni (Ibuki flipping out, etc.) Not to mention, the reason he DID flip out...not characteristic of Rider genre...

The movie has this awesome part that totally took me by surprise...breathing fire...I wish they'd used it more...

Mr. Kamen Rider
Thanks for all the comments for those who've read the summary. With help from the TV-Asahi page summary (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kabuto/03_story/index.html) I went back and edited my first post, filling in all the correct names, and adding a few quotes and other details to give a better synopsis. Hopefully everyone else who hasn't already will get a chance to see this episode soon and judge for themselves.

I want to add that I really like the "insect wing" motif used in the OP scene and at the end of the episode (for the "last shot" part like we've had since Kuuga.)

Mr. Kamen Rider
Yeah, the DX Henshin Belt & infamous Sausage commercials were on there today. The Sausages come with special cards. I hope I'll start seeing these in stores soon. :laugh:

The BGM was pretty good. Like everything else, I need a few episodes to get used to it and I need to hear it a few times for it to sink in, but from what we did get, I think it reminded me the most of Faiz, more electronic than the Hibiki music to fit with the techno-theme the show sort of has going on.

Mad Skillz
Igadevil said:
Mizushima's okay, but I sort of wish Hosokawa could have been saved for this show now. :laugh:
He was great in Hibiki, but it doesn't seem like that'll get him very far. It would be nice to see him in a Kamen Rider again one day.

Its nice to see that The Bikes look like real Motor Cycles and not Dirt Bikes like the last few KR's

I enjoyed it a lot. A LOT. The action was great, and the characters are quite promising. Loved the end battle, and the way Tendou finished the Worm rocked. Hopefully they throw in some more of these creative finishes every now and again, instead of having to RAAIDAAA KICK every episode. I can't wait to see the rest of this series!