Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 05 "Return! The Ichigo Arms of Friendship"

And Torin wasn't even wearing his super hero armor for protection yet.

Technically, Torin is his own armor for protection. he takes a sword slash and still good to go.:buttrock:

@ferosaki: I'm actually referring to Gentarou at Fourze ep 32 since it wasn't a series that get mentioned by Urobuchi at all but still possess a a possible plotline that Urobuchi could use.

I dunno who's ''Him'' though @yanuhm...

Technically, Torin is his own armor for protection. he takes a sword slash and still good to go.:buttrock:

@ferosaki: I'm actually referring to Gentarou at Fourze ep 32 since it wasn't a series that get mentioned by Urobuchi at all but still possess a a possible plotline that Urobuchi could use.

I dunno who's ''Him'' though @yanuhm...

"Him" = Urobuchi :). Urobuchi might not kill everyone this time, it can be mixing plot from his previous works. One thing for sure, this guy is trollmaster :laugh:

I'm A Djinn
Anyone else think that Blonde Mai is like a pre-recorded message when you put on your Sengoku Driver for the 1st time? Like the EULA you just hurriedly click AGREE to whenever you install a new game on your PC?

Is she gonna do this to everyone getting a belt because Id like a compilation ala "Brand-new Armored Riders React To..."

Anyone else think that Blonde Mai is like a pre-recorded message when you put on your Sengoku Driver for the 1st time? Like the EULA you just hurriedly click AGREE to whenever you install a new game on your PC?

Is she gonna do this to everyone getting a belt because Id like a compilation ala "Brand-new Armored Riders React To..."

I was thinking that they received different messages from BlondeMai, because I remember Baron's being different from Gaim's, but it seems it's just the Aesir's translation for the first one (Gaim's that was different). She said the exact same thing for the first part for all three. ("Grasp the reins of fate")

It's the second part that's different. Gaim's was "You will dye the future with your name", Baron didn't even give her a chance to say it, Ryugen's was "You will fight until the bitter end."

Judging by how pinecone and acorn lockseeds use Gaim and Baron's sound, they aren't going to be Riders for long.

There are only 4 types of sounds in the Sengoku Driver. Gaim's Japanese theme, Baron's Western knight theme, Ryugen's Chinese theme and an "evil" theme that seems to be used by Warrior God Gaim. Every Rider with a Sengoku Driver will share sounds with someone else.

Last edited:
A very enjoyable episode of Gaim!

Well, looks like I'll have to take back some of the things I said about the last episode. Ryugen gets a proper debut fight and the mysterious girl does appear to him, though only in a dream.

As for Ryugen's debut fight, it was alright, especially considering this is Micchy's first real fight as a Rider against a flying opponent. I thought his Finisher was pretty spectacular though, and a lot more colorful than most gun-wielding Riders. Though I'm not sure how I feel about how they treated the first appearance of the Bat Inves... :disappoin

Becoming a Rider certainly seems to have bolstered Micchy's confidence, since he really took charge during Team Gaim's meeting. I wonder if their might be future conflict between him and Kota over who gets to lead the Team? Personally, I'm rooting for the Armored Rider with Gaim in his name :sweat:.

Speaking of, Gaim make his heroic and dynamic return, which feels weird considering we're only on episode five, after being inspired to step up and accept his responsibilities by Ryugen. It also got him to come up with a more practical definition of responsibility than what his sister gave him. His smashing that force field was also pretty darn cool in my opinion :thumbs:.

So we get our first real fight between Gaim and Baron, and our first real Rider team-up between Gaim and Ryugen, both of which were pretty awesome :castlerock:.

I thought Gaim vs. Baron was great, especially with Gaim managing to overpower Baron. Their differing ideals were also very evident during the fight, with Barons darwinistic belief of what strength means, vs. Gaim's more Rider-esque definition. The two are becoming more and more like proper rivals, and I believe Baron's "so you did have a surprise for me, Gaim" was directed at both the Team and the Armored Rider.

Strawberry Arms' debut was pretty sweet (pardon the pun), and I think it's a real step up from Pineapple Arms. I thought the Finisher was also quite spectacular :buttrock:.

Five episodes in and we already have six Riders? With a seventh on the way? Jeez, Gaim sure is moving fast. I can't wait to see what it, and by extension Urobuchi, have planned for the end of the year!

Sid is finally confirmed to work for Yggdrasill and that while the Riders getting their belts was part of the plan, Sid giving them the ability to travel into Helheim was not. It's also confirmed that not even Yggrdasill fully understands all the secrets regarding the forest and the Inves. I also loved the irony of Takatora not reading the file on the Armored Riders, though I think Sid's life expectancy is going to be extremely low when does find out about his brother...

Last edited:
Consider me a fan of Ichigo Arms. Explosive Kunai? Explosive Kunai RAIN? More of that please.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Godai also died too as long as we are talking about main riders dying before their series ends. Godai died in the 19th episode of Kuuga or so and came back to life again, stronger than ever. Wasn't even for an ultimate form debut too haha.

So yeah, Kota dying wouldn't be too out of the question.

Oniitomaki kita!
I'm surprised that we've managed to get such Rider saturation by only the 5th episode. Even Ryuki at its peak usually only had 6 or 7 riders running around at once, and that wasn't until at least 2 dozen episodes in! The fact that we're gonna have at least 7 riders by the episode 10 mark is a first for a rider series (Hibiki excepted, of course.) I feel like Urobuchi is building up a Fate/Zero situation out of Gaim- rather than introduce new riders as old ones are killed off, like Ryuki (or go on to idol careers lol Drake) I feel like we won't have mass rider carnage until AFTER we've reached rider critical mass, thus allowing the most complexities in character alliance.