Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 05 "Return! The Ichigo Arms of Friendship"

The new Tendou Souji
2130pi0.jpg

Writer: Gen Urobuchi

Kouta tries to overcome the events that befell him in the Hellheim Forest against Zangetsu while Kaito challenges Mitsuzane to a fight, with the new Armored Rider Ryugen unable to fight Baron on his own​

Last edited by a moderator:
Proto-Drive/Chase Fanboy
I wished they separated Griton's and Kurokage's Henshin so we could hear how they sounded.

So we get Griton and Kurokage this episode (pretty cool btw) and Bravo next episode. This is insane, we have a new Rider/form every episode for the start at least. Really fast pacing... Hope we won't get long stalling periods and the characters get a fair amount of screentime.

Lurker
Thanks to Bleach, anytime "Ichigo" is mentioned I expect a big ass sword to be involved. but he has daggers...

"Training."
The Sengoku Driver allows Invess to crossover to the human world completely and becomes under the control of the person wearing the belt. I bet a Rider will exploit this and become a major villain. Also this may allow the Helheim forest to crossover and take over the human world.

Props to Michhi for showing Kouta that you can't run away forever. You live with what has happened, have no regrets, accept the responsibilities and keep on living.

I also love what they are doing with Mai. Please...do not ruin her character!

I NEED THAT BADASS SAMURAI CHANT. GIVE ME THE OST NOW.

I LOVE GAIM. SCREW THE HATERS.

Last edited:
This episode was literally everything I had hoped for it. Awesome and heroic renewal of Rider motivation for Gaim (with awesome music to boot), and a wicked cool introduction to the Ichigo Arms with E-X-A in the background. My kind of episode!

I wished they separated Griton's and Kurokage's Henshin so we could hear how they sounded.

From what I could hear:

Gridon: "Donguri Arms! Never Give Up~"
Kurokage: "Matsubokkuri Arms! Kakurette in the shadow!"

I can see a pattern forming for the henshin sounds. If it's Gaim-like sound, it is a mix on English and Japanese (Zangetsu's case is different tho), if it's Baron-like sound is a little song in English.

Last edited:
Otaku University Student
So, at this point in time, I'm a little confused as to what Mai wants from Kouta... Could someone clarity? She doesn't want him to fight for others but himself? Not to be so self-sacrificing? While I would personally consider these good traits, perhaps she doesn't want to see him getting himself hurt because she cares for him?

...also, I love that they showed what would happen if the arms failed to land on the Rider the first time round.

From what I could hear:
I can see a pattern forming for the henshin sounds. If it's Gaim-like sound, it is a mix on English and Japanese (Zangetsu's case is different tho), if it's Baron-like sound is a little song in English.

That's kind of true, but I see it a little different. The stand-by music of the Sengoku Driver is indicative of what base suit the rider will get (Gaim/Samurai-esque, Baron/Knight-esque or Ryugen/Chinese-esque). The Lock Seed sounds are all unique to them, but the sounds are kind of a give-away as to what type of Rider will use them.

Last edited:
Aronbafon
From what I could hear:

Gridon: "Donguri Arms! Never Give Up~"
Kurokage: "Matsubokkuri Arms! Kakurette in the shadow!"

Kurokage is Ichigeki in the Shadows.