Kamen Rider Gaim - Lock 04 "Debut! The Grape Third Rider!"

I think another interview confirmed that Bandai couldn't come up with enough designs using only samurai as a basis, so they started basing Riders on Western and Chinese armor.

Give me a shout out in your 10,000 post or 10,000 kittens will DIE!
 
Another great episode of Gaim!

I honestly think Baron made a better showing against the Invess here than he did in his own debut episode :sweat:.

It looks like Kaito is setting himself up as a sort of Kingpin of Lock Seeds, controlling their distribution and thereby having control over the other teams. What better way to demonstrate your strength than by making your enemies work for you? Of course, I think things are going to get a lot more complicated for him once the other teams start getting their own Riders. Then again, Gaim and Baron are the only Riders with bikes right now, so they're the only ones who can get Lock Seeds. Unless the other Riders get their own bikes, I don't see them causing too much trouble for Kota and Kaito.

We get some nice insight into Takatora/Zangetsu in this episode. He cares for Mitsuzane and his future, even if he does it in a gruff manner, so he certainly doesn't completely have the apathy that characterized Asakura. As Zangetsu though, he seems to enjoy a good fight just as much as Ohja would.

Gaim vs Zangetsu was certainly onesided, but it established that not only is Zangetsu out of Gaim's league, and likely the other Riders as well, but that the Riders are indeed meant to be fighting each other. I'm a little disappointed that Zangetsu uses the exact same Musou Saber as Gaim. I think he deserves a cooler, personal sword. The only thing that differentiates him from Gaim equipment wise is his shield, but he didn't really do much with it. I'm very interested to see how long it'll be until Gaim reaches, or gets close to, Zangetsu's level.

Wow, we're on the fourth episode and our Main Rider is already scared to Henshin again? I feel like that's a record of some sort :sly:. I did really like how Kota's fear of Zangetsu, and his realization of what it really means to be a Rider, were conveyed.

Micchi seems like a nice kid who really wants to help his friends and the girl he likes, but theres certainly evidence in this episode that he's not as innocent as he normally acts and is willing to blackmail people to get what he feels is necessary. I can certainly see future conflict between him and Kota over Mai.

As for Ryugen's debut... it wasn't much of a debut really. He henshins and then his first fight is offscreen and we only get a glimpse of it. That's pretty disappointing :redface2:. It at least showed that Sagara is likely to be the one to name all the other Riders. I wonder if Zangetsu will ever show up in public, just so Sagara can get a chance to name him?

Something very interesting is that the girl in white didn't show up for Ryugen... is it because he's not a leader like Gaim or Baron? Or are those two just special in their own way? I wonder if she showed up to Zangetsu?

Next time is the debut of Strawberry Arms, the first team up between Riders, and the first proper fight between Gaim and Baron! I'm excited!
 
It at least showed that Sagara is likely to be the one to name all the other Riders. I wonder if Zangetsu will ever show up in public, just so Sagara can get a chance to name him?

Didn't someone in the crowd watching the fight at the time name "Baron"? I'm pretty sure Sagara didn't.
 
And now to conclude my Halloween night with a viewing of Kamen Rider Gaim. I wonder if we'll ever see some kind of Pumpkin Arms in the future... :169:

--So, there's no Rider Fight and a truce between the two teams until they return. :170: Well, aren't we off to a great opening!
--Somehow, it feels like all this lock picking is going to back fire for Baron... I mean, there has to be a catch if you can pick multiple locks of the same kind. :sly:
--Forced evolution? :hmm: This is interesting. I can all ready tell there is way more to the Inves than meets the eye. ...And no, that was not a Transformers reference. It wouldn't even work in this context.
--This might not be the Rider Fight I wanted, but I'll take it! :anime:
--Woah! It's Micchy's brother! :O_O: No wonder he's so intimidated by him.
--So I guess he's coming to terms with what his Rider powers can really do and their possible consequences. In previous episodes, Kouta was saying how he didn't fully understand his new Rider powers, but now it really holds some gravity to it. We are all ready beginning to see this story turning into something more serious!
mellow-smiley-face.gif

--Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I feel like Mai is getting off on his sorrows. Mai was all sad last episode when Kouta was stepping up as the new head of Team Gaim, but now that's he a shriveling coward, she's all smiles and motherly. is Mai a control freak? :sly:
--And a new Rider for Team Gaim is born! :) And yet, I just don't know how to feel. :eyebrow: Part of me wonders if this makes Team Gaim a little too over powered now, but I guess it won't matter if there's going to be lots more Riders than the 4 we've seen so far. And while I love Micchy's inspiring speech, part of me wonders if he'll eventually leave Team Gaim to become another rival, making it more of an every-Rider-for-themselves kind of scenario like Ryuki. After all, this series is taking Ryuki as one of its big inspirations... Either way, it's a great series! The story is really strong, and I can't wait for more!! :thumbs:
 
--Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I feel like Mai is getting off on his sorrows. Mai was all sad last episode when Kouta was stepping up as the new head of Team Gaim, but now that's he a shriveling coward, she's all smiles and motherly. is Mai a control freak? :sly:

How the hell did you get all that?:eyebrow:

She was smiling and comforting him in that scene, wanting to reassure him that it's all right to back out of the game. She is relieved that he no longer wants to be involved in the Inves game. Because she doesn't want him to. She wanted him to prioritize his own affairs and not waste his time with them. She was mad at him last episode not just because he decided to rejoin the team without consulting anyone first, but also because he quits his jobs, basically abandoning his responsibilities to play around with them, citing Yuuya's disappearance as an excuse.

Her actions suggest that she cares deeply for him. Enough that she probably is in love with him. The way she shows it is how she really wants him to take care of himself, find a proper job and lead a good life, and not waste his time playing around and trying to fix other people's problems for them, all the while neglecting his own obligations.
 
How the hell did you get all that?:eyebrow:

She was smiling and comforting him in that scene, wanting to reassure him that it's all right to back out of the game. She is relieved that he no longer wants to be involved in the Inves game. Because she doesn't want him to. She wanted him to prioritize his own affairs and not waste his time with them. She was mad at him last episode not just because he decided to rejoin the team without consulting anyone first, but also because he quits his jobs, basically abandoning his responsibilities to play around with them, citing Yuuya's disappearance as an excuse.

Her actions suggest that she cares deeply for him. Enough that she probably is in love with him. The way she shows it is how she really wants him to take care of himself, find a proper job and lead a good life, and not waste his time playing around and trying to fix other people's problems for them, all the while neglecting his own obligations.

Sure, that's nice of her and all, but it's also kinda selfish because she's basically doing what she thinks is best for HER in her situation because she probably is in love with him. Taking away the belt is probably now gonna give Kouta even more of a reason to come back to get it now that he's seen Ryugen's debut though.

The motivation is bleak, but I guess it was just to help move the plot along.
 
Sure, that's nice of her and all, but it's also kinda selfish because she's basically doing what she thinks is best for HER in her situation because she probably is in love with him.
What makes you think that? If anything she's been annoyed by him for the last few episodes because with their leader gone she wanted to step up and take responsibility for the team, only for Kota to come along and say 'nah, you're not up to it, I'll just "help out" and basically take over for a while'. That's the nearest she has to an ulterior motive - she wants to prove herself as a leader, as someone who can stand alone, and not have to rely on the guy who previously walked out on her/them. It looked like she was similarly annoyed by Ryugen for also trying to steal her thunder.
cartman_respect_my_authoritah.jpg
 
What makes you think that?

Actually, if you were to read the post of the person whom I quoted, you would have realised that it was him/her who suggested that she "probably" is in love with him. I merely suggested that was a selfish way of doing things in order for things to go her way, which is why I said it's bleak motivation.

Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with what you say about her being more annoyed.

I just think that some people are just looking into it too much, making out things that aren't really there, but might be apparent in another scene, although when it's supposed to be taken seriously, everyone's too busy fruitbashing and trolling to actually take it any serious at all, although I can't blame anyone for that since it is a show where giant "Arms" fruits falls on your head to give you the power of the "Forbidden Fruit".

That's just the way I see it though.
 
I wish we didn't have to have all this "love" drama at all. Why is it always used as the default source of drama?

Micchi did not say he was going to join Yggdrasil. He said he would become powerful IF he joins, but either way, he'll be stronger than his brother so Sid should get on Micchi's good side now. Also it disappoints me that people (in general, on other sites as well as this one) are suddenly way more interested in Micchi because he threatened someone and/or saying he should turn evil and fight Kouta. Why is this dreadful "morally good characters are useless and boring, we only like antagonists" mentality so prevalent?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top