Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

Eh, there's always been Riders that looked like Metal Heroes or rumours of Metal Hero connections. Den-O has always been followed by an unconfirmed (?) rumour that it was pitched as a Metal Hero show and they told them they could only do it as a Rider.

That rumor is about Ryuki. But, good point about Black's design.
 
They like Gaim in spite of the fruits not because of them

Precisely, people may like the new Rider in spite of the main theme.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that the theme really doesn't matter in the end as long as we get an enjoyable show and that we can't put it past Toei to give us unusual themes.
 
That rumor is about Ryuki. But, good point about Black's design.
I've only ever heard it said about Den-O, but there's a number of Rider shows it could apply to really. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing was started by someone mis-remembering the tale about Hibiki supposedly starting as a stand-alone series and being co-opted into the franchise. :sweat:

I can see why Black's creative team would look to the Metal Hero franchise for some ideas. Aside from the ZX special Rider hadn't been on the air since before Metal Hero had existed. By the time Black debuted Metal Hero was airing it's sixth series, matching the 6 years of Rider's original run. Taking some inspiration from a franchise that was younger but seemed to have caught people's imagination wasn't a bad way to modernise the Rider formula a bit.
 
I have my doubts about the pictures, and the press conference being this week. But hey, who knows? I could be wrong about both. As for the sports themed Rider, it's possible. Japan hosting the World Cup could be a bit of an influence to Toei. They're already doing the soccer theme in Gaim's summer movie, so it would be an interesting idea to have Drive debut by doing something related to the fruit cup. But I still stand by the notion that Drive is going to vehicle themed. It just seems like the way Toei would do it.
 
Some people claim to see the suit on the filming set saying that it's like a mix between G3 and Accel. I hope we get a bug eye rider again. I always like it when Kamen Rider looks like bugs.
 
Some people claim to see the suit on the filming set saying that it's like a mix between G3 and Accel. I hope we get a bug eye rider again. I always like it when Kamen Rider looks like bugs.

Any source on this? Other than the initial rumour about Drive being similar to Accel design-wise I haven't heard anything.
 
It's not much but here are two supposed images of Kamen Rider Drive. They girl didn't get closer so you can just see red armour.

[hide] tumblr_n6wotiiwBe1tcbqr9o1_1280.avif[/hide]

Nope, fake imo. The pictures show no signs of being a set for filming (no lights, cameras, tracks for the camera tripod to move, stagehands, etc.).

Looks like 4 people involved in making a rumor seem credible after the "Zero" picture showed up.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top