JDF Talks About Austin St. John on No Pink Spandex

Might just be me, but JDF's seems to have been attempting to re-invent himself as a badass with MMA stuff and talking smack on fan interviews. I also recall that he sold off his Green Ranger props in a bit of a funk. Like he's trying to distance himself from his Power Ranger days to improve his "cred" or something.

On a side note, while there's been a lot of snickering over Austin bulking up in his adult years (And the gratuitous porn hoax stuff), I can kind of appreciate that he became a paramedic. Saving people for real now, and an interesting ice-breaker at the hospital. So yeah, I'd say Austin's pretty rad in his own right, and didn't need insane tattoos to do it.
 
That's why I'm sort of on the ASJ side of this. Dude's been nothing but professional, and has very quietly moved on to do real good in his life. Whereas JDF just seems to want attention.
 
That's why I'm sort of on the ASJ side of this. Dude's been nothing but professional, and has very quietly moved on to do real good in his life. Whereas JDF just seems to want attention.

Precisely.

Not to mention I've met JDF many times and he still feels distant and unapproachable. I met ASJ at PMC and he was actually one of the best actors I met. He was fanboy-ing over my Geki Yellow and was very interested in talking to me about it. He was so nice and fun to talk to
 
Honestly it sounded to me that JDF's just frustrated about a lot of this. I can understand why. That being said, that doesn't excuse the professionalism (or lack thereof) how he handled the interview, the venue and the image portrayed for fans. I mean, in a way, it's disrespectful to the hosts and fans to conduct yourself in such a way; they are there for you and their time is just as valuable as yours. And I can't really think that any public figure is not mindful of their audience. Yes you have the grownupfans that never grow up or refuse to grow up (me included) along with really young kids. That's not cool. I wouldn't want my child to be exposed to that.
 
I've maintained for a while now that JDF is trying to distance himself from his PR history by transforming his image into that of a typical ****-talking, braindead macho jock. That might be harsh, but then again it might not; the only evidence we have of the man's personality is the way he conducts himself publicly, and lately it seems that he's more concerned with building his rep than acting like a professional and tactful human being. I really have very little respect for the guy, and not just because his tattoos are stupid.
 
I think he'd be taken a lot more seriously if he could just be like "Yeah I once had a job that allowed me to make a lot of little kids smile and they still remember me for it. Got a problem with that?"

No Spike-tv tribal tat X-treme Kimbo Slice whatthefuckever facade required.
 
I think he'd be taken a lot more seriously if he could just be like "Yeah I once had a job that allowed me to make a lot of little kids smile and they still remember me for it. Got a problem with that?"

No Spike-tv tribal tat X-treme Kimbo Slice whatthefuckever facade required.


MMmm, Get'em matt! :buttrock: lol

Seriously, though your so right. What pisses me of though, is that I can show anyone at my school that "Tommy is in MMA!" and they'll adore his douchbaggyness, the world is fucked up.
 
In his defense, I think tattoo thing started long before trying to re-brand himself.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top