I find it increasingly hard to defend Goseiger

Where do I begin?

How about Red whining about how he didn't want the team because he doesn't want the responsibility to lead, then there's was that whole issue towards the end where he's moping over losing his reason for existing. What about Pink and her daddy issues? Or Green and his Vegeta complex ("I will get stronger just so I can beat/surpass you").

Then there's Tayuu and her "attachment" issues and Juuzou and his bloodlust.

And don't get me started about episode 21.
 
I like Goseiger. I don't follow it because I prefer to watch shows with lots of filler in long sittings, and I LIKE Goseigers filler, unlike Shinkengers. I pretty much skipped every episode of filler in Shinkenger due to the filler's boredom... I liked Go-Onger too though, and Go-Onger's still one of my favorites, so whatever.
 
Where do I begin?

How about Red whining about how he didn't want the team because he doesn't want the responsibility to lead, then there's was that whole issue towards the end where he's moping over losing his reason for existing. What about Pink and her daddy issues? Or Green and his Vegeta complex ("I will get stronger just so I can beat/surpass you").

Then there's Tayuu and her "attachment" issues and Juuzou and his bloodlust.

And don't get me started about episode 21.

How is any of that morose and not just your regular drama? How do you call a show with the likes of Richard Brown, Genta, comical Kurokos, and electric guitar-playing Hikoma (at least in the end credits) morose?
 
I like Goseiger. I don't follow it because I prefer to watch shows with lots of filler in long sittings, and I LIKE Goseigers filler, unlike Shinkengers. I pretty much skipped every episode of filler in Shinkenger due to the filler's boredom... I liked Go-Onger too though, and Go-Onger's still one of my favorites, so whatever.
I don't like Go-Onger....at all, but I will defend to the death your right to like it.
 
Where do I begin?

How about Red whining about how he didn't want the team because he doesn't want the responsibility to lead, then there's was that whole issue towards the end where he's moping over losing his reason for existing. What about Pink and her daddy issues? Or Green and his Vegeta complex ("I will get stronger just so I can beat/surpass you").

Then there's Tayuu and her "attachment" issues and Juuzou and his bloodlust.

And don't get me started about episode 21.

What show were you watching?
Takeru (Shinken Red) wasn't whining because he didn't want the responsibility of leading. He was against bringing in inexperienced warriors to a fight that could very well mean their death when, at the time, he had shown and felt he could continue to fight alone. This is explained further during the climax of the series when you discover his true background, as such not only is it that he wanted to avoid the possible deaths of rookies, it was that he didn't want them to die protecting him as their lord when he knew that he was not truly their lord. Also, Chiaki (that's Shinken Green) didn't want to become stronger just to surpass Takeru, but to prove to Takeru that he could become stronger because of their issues from the first few episodes where Chiaki didn't care about his training, and was fine with just getting by.

There's a lot more in depth here than you seem to realize. Also, I would not call Shinkenger morose. Morose is like Edgar Allen Poe. Really moody and dark material without much lightening material. Shinkenger was mature, sure (a lot more mature than, say, Go-Onger for sure), but I don't think there was a substantial amount of really dark material to call it morose. Now GARO is morose. To the XTREEEEEEEEME
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top