Garo - The One Who Shines in the Darkness - Episode 8

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
S

scikaiju

Guest
Garo_zpsb38baf7e.avif

For those of you who seen episode 8, here you go.
 
I honestly thought the reporter guy is going to die when the episode ended there, probably killed off-screen. Then the preview came up, and I was in for a huge surprise:laugh:. I'm really liking where the show is going.

Great to see Ito Makoto in the episode, kicking Ryuuga's ass. I'm really hoping that's not the only thing he does in the show. Him being the suit actor for Garo in Makai Senki gives me hope that we would get at least the Garo practical suit.
 
I really enjoyed this episode. It just (to me) brought a whole new level to Ryuga. I still want to see the actual suit and not CGI and from the preview of the next episode theres going to be a lot of CGI there too...ugh...

Oh well, I'm still enjoying the series and hoping it takes off soon.
 
Garo 8:

- Hey Ryuga, why are you playing around with those people? Shouldn't you be, I don't know... warning them about how dangerous Volcity is?

- So this photographer has been tailing Ryuga all this time and yet only now it's been revealed in flashbacks that he was at those scenes? Why don't shows drop things like this in "real time"? Give the audience something to wonder about before the character is formally introduced.

- Gender = 'man'? Not 'male'?

- Since ancient times you're called these monsters by an English word?

So we know have a possible conspiracy going on with Volcity's purpose, SG-1 is in on it, and an underground civilian group investigating alongside the Knights and Priests. This show is finally getting interesting.
 
Enjoy this episode a lot. I was expecting another filler but wow, we now going to have our main event!

I like this episode shows the contrast between the three Knights and how they view their duties as a Makai Knight. Takeru is one who always follow his instincts and emotions, a failure of a Knight in Aguri's eyes. I like his "emotion is what makes us human", but his interactions with Rui probably won't end well for both of them. Aguri, on the other hand, is the strict to the rules of types. A jerkass who is probably too rigid with rules and see lowly of other Knights. Knight from noble family tend to be like this such as Kouga and Tsubasa. He will probably will be proven wrong soon and learn to be more flexible.

Ryuga represents the middle ground. He knows about the rules and follows them, but can't help to be affected by other people's suffering and injustice. In this episode, he feels the reporter's pain and refused to erase his memories. That will cost him. I can't wait to see the fall out

Finally we get to know about Kaneshiro family and it is similar with the Sonozaki, except that it is much larger. So we won't have all of them being a commanders so I'm looking forward to see the key players to show up.

Enhou, what a bitch. Ryuga please kill her already.

Next episode is gonna rock. 3 Knights VS Sonshi!
 
Looks like they're going to get handled next episode. I like it. Sonshi looks familiar though, but idk why.

Probably because he's played by veteran martial arts actor Yasuaki Kurata. He is known for starring in films such as Fist of Legend opposite Jet Li and Heroes of the East opposite Gordon Liu. And this isn't his first toku either, having played Akashi Kouichi AKA Satoru's dad in Boukenger. His fight with Jet Li in Fist of Legend, where both combatant fight while wearing blindfolds is just freaking awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuaki_Kurata
 
Wow. It's impressive just how much diologue you can have without really saying anything. Bravo Garo 3, I now have a cure for insomnia.
- Since ancient times you're called these monsters by an English word?
It's been established in previous series that the word Garo is meant to mean "hope" in the show's made up Horror language, whereas in the show's title it's written as "fanged wolf". So my guess would be that the word Horror itself probably has some other meaning within the show.
 
They're doing a pretty good job at making it stand out for itself. For once there was a logical reason to a few seconds of the armor.
 
Okay, this episode was actually pretty good. Not happy about the 2 seconds of armor time again, but it was well paced, interesting, and gave us some plot development that was unexpected. Nice job.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top