Garo: The One Who Shines in the Darkness episode 23

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
A bit disappointed, they used the old Garo armor as the golden armor in the new series.
Meh apparently I'm the only one who preferred the look of the fully golden armour from past series to the new black version. I was pretty glad to see it back. Though I could have sworn that the eyes used to be green :eyebrow:
Also there was no reason for how the hell the gold even came back. None. You baited us into the show with that mystery and don't even bother writing about it. Bullshit.
Zedom's powers are somehow connected to the way that the knights' armours are created. Ryuga's mum was forced to give birth to all those magic horror seeds, and as that connected her into Zedom's powers she put a bit of 'energy' in each seed that would restore the Garo armour if it's user released it by destroying the horrors that came from those seeds. His mum even said before the battle with Sonshi that defeating him would release enough energy to finish the restoration. Yes, it's a crap explaination that doesn't reveal anything about how the armour became black and seems more like they wrote it on the fly rather than because it's an explaination the writers had in their heads from the start. But it is a reason.
Again-Also, Zedoms glasses are silly.
But not quite as silly as the way his cubes make all those Michael Bay Transformers sound effects that really don't fit in the Garo world :redface2:
Dear *CHRIST* the new guys are pathetic. Rei and Kouga would kick their asses so hard, what the actual ****.
I've kinda gone beyond being annoyed by that now. I'm at the point where I just find it hilarious how Gokai Silver keeps dropping to his knees and weeping the moment anything remotely emotional occurs :P
Apparently they can't be in their armor more than five seconds? I guess? Why did they unsummon it after the triple fire attack?!
It's been something of a bugbear for a lot of fans how the armour in this season is almost always only used for a single special move in each fight. In this episode's case, I figured they were going with Sentai-style "hit by an attack so strong it unmorphs you" rules. It's the first series Garo creator Keita Amemiya hasn't been involved with and you can tell they're kinda veering away from some of the stuff he'd done in the past series.
 
Meh apparently I'm the only one who preferred the look of the fully golden armour from past series to the new black version. I was pretty glad to see it back. Though I could have sworn that the eyes used to be green :eyebrow:

They're green when Kouga wears the armour. In flashbacks where Taiga wears the armour, his eyes are a very bright red.
 
I'm saying this right here, right now, the Garo armor regaining its golden brilliance and turning back into the old Garo suit, the actual suit, was the best moment of season 3 for me.

I agree with Hidden Masta, all the CGI Armors and fights, the overacting, the mysteries that had no proper reason to really be mysteries, the poorly developed plots, all of it was made worth it thanks to this one scene.

Sure, the Armor fight against Sonshi was the worst out of all the main Madou Horrors, especially in comparison to the Knights' first fight with him, but we got the Garo Armor back! What more could we need :thumbs:.

I'll be really peeved if Tousei doesn't get some karmic justice by the end of this. With all the Horrors out there, it's the perfect chance for his entire plan to come biting back at him.

Zedom is... underwhelming. Why isn't he a woman? What's with those glasses? Why does he have this odd fixation with cubes? I'm at least hoping that when he possesses Sonshi that he gets an awesome looking final form.

I thought Hakana got a good and touching send off... though the mystery of who Ryuga's father is still remains. I was hoping she'd at least give him some info before she had Ryuga gut her. I'm still holding onto the idea he was a Saejima.
 
Last edited:
I love the original armor as much as the next makai knight loving guy, but I always felt like it lacked a certain ompf that some of the other armors had and I felt like the redesign had what I felt was missing. So I was disappointed when they just lazily used the original. And I think it's more of "why did they redesign it in the first place?" than anything else.
 
What gave you the impression that it would be different?
Because they're going to release a Makai Kado of it.

KOgfUXV.jpg
 
Garo 23:

- That was a rather underwhelming death for Burai, I have to say. I thought he would put up more of a fight.

- It's quite convenient that those scaffolds managed to stab into the cars like that for the Knights to hold onto.

- What's this? An actual Garo costume?? Do my eyes deceive me?? It must be some elaborate trick.

I wonder if they did this on purpose: use CGI for the blackened armor and then, when it regains the gold shine, whip out the practical costume. Though that doesn't explain Takeru and Aguri's armors...

- Yay, more of Takeru's overacting.

- Is there a reason Zedom takes the appearance of a spectacled professor?

Zedom is... underwhelming. Why isn't he a woman? What's with those glasses? Why does he have this odd fixation with cubes?

I think it's nice to not have another woman who is naked for no reason. At leas tit's one thing that Garo isn't repeating yet again... unlike having someone in the Order going to the dark side. I hope the next show, be it the Zero miniseries or another, gets away from that.

Though somehow Daimaoh from Kakuranger pulls off the glasses better >>

I thought Hakana got a good and touching send off... though the mystery of who Ryuga's father is still remains. I was hoping she'd at least give him some info before she had Ryuga gut her. I'm still holding onto the idea he was a Saejima.

I assumed he knew and he just died off-screen.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be a Saejima? Why is Ryuga's surname Dougai anyway?
 
Last edited:
Wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be a Saejima? Why is Ryuga's surname Dougai anyway?

Probably because his father's surname is Dougai.

There's no reason to believe Ryuga is a Saejima. Garo isn't just passed from father to son. Anyone can become Garo provided they prove themselves worthy of using it.
 
He trained against Rago on an island for ten years and during his final fight with Rago, he pulled out the sword and killed him.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top