Garo: The One Who Shines in the Darkness episode 25

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
I'm just praying this season gets retconned out of existence.

Ive been telling myself that this season is just some Decade AU.

Or an alternate possible timeline ala JJ Abrams' Star Trek movie.

"So why did the GARO armor turn black?"

explained away in an episode that holds no importance to the season's story by some peripheral character who last time we saw killed Magimother and then got double Rider kicked and hit by his own spaceship.

laziest writing yet.

Like Wizard, it just couldnt live up to its premise. It started well enough and ended with a whimper.

Never come back.
 
I don't see how that's an instant loss, myself.

Especially since he has yet to start to grow as a person and as a knight.

Because I'm not a 14 year old teenager who wears black all the time and thinks "strong and silent" = badass anymore. I just think they're boring, and worse, I find their evolution path (which usually involves a woman helping them "care") to be even more boring. Crack a smile, tell some jokes, be an intelligent jerk-ass, or even be a womanizing idiot.

You want better writing? Cool, I always like superior writing. But leave the cast alone.
 
I fundamentally disagree with these. A work of fiction is not an encyclopedia of its mythos. A show is supposed to let your imagination run wild.

If a work of fiction attempts too much to create a reality that can be described with its own laws, then we get something like Naruto where people have constructed its own set of sciences. Logic soon fails (because after all, it is not the real world and is not bound by the same set of logic), and then you lose appreciation for the story it's trying to tell.

Here's the issue with that, in comparison to what this show did.

Garo has never fully defined how things worked, but it has given us a pretty damn good idea of how the Garo armor works, why it's Gold, all that fun stuff.

And everything we DO know about it makes the explanation given here...completely wrong and awful.

Just, the idea alone that some big battle drained it of the golden shine and some how that...got put into the Magi Horrors? is alright...in theory. I'll get into why it's not below but the IDEA is sound.

The way it's explained, the way the central mystery of the entire piece is revealed, what they used to promote the story and hook viewers into watch it, the narrative question of the whole she-bang, equal to the mystery of Chinatown, is...answered in a throwaway line by some guy we have never seen before and will never see again in an after thought of an episode that is utterly removed from the fiction and has nothing to do with the protagonists save one who never bothers to mention it ever in the future.

That is the definition of Shitty Story Telling.

And guess what-Garo does not have the same excuse as Sentai or Kamen Rider to scurry behind. It's NOT a kids show. It's NOT a toy commercial where you best be happy you *HAVE* a plot.

It is a serious, mature fiction that PROMOTED THE MYSTERY ABOVE ALL ELSE to begin with. It doesn't have to have a fantastic plot, the original didn't even have that. But it shouldn't have the glaring flaws that this had either.



Because here's the other issue.

Garo, the armor, is not powerful because it's Gold. That's retarded. It's not a goddamn Super Sayian version of the other armors or any nonsense like that.

Garo, the armor, is gold *BECAUSE* the Knight who is worthy for it is powerful. NOT the other way around.

It's a status symbol. It holds no advantages, and by itself is no more powerful than any other armor. It merely shows, AND THIS IS ALL, that it is the armor of the *BEST* Knight of the generation.

Kouga would have been just as effective if he had Silver armor or White armor or even Black armor.


So the idea that it could lose its shine is silly on a level I can't describe. It's like you get into a fist fight with a douche bag who is so douchey that even though you win, the chrome from your car gets stripped off and some how ends up inside other douchebags that you then have to beat up to get the chrome back.

This is why it's ridiculous in universe.

It's also why I think SHARING THE GOLD is an awful, pretty childish idea. THE ARMOR IS NOT POWERFUL BECAUSE IT IS GOLD. IT IS GOLD BECAUSE IT('S USER) IS POWERFUL.
 
You're choosing a strange point to argue over, but I guess its in the vein of people being annoyed by Rising Ultimate Kuuga.

All I can tell you is that this is not Keita Amemiya's vision.
 
I will fully admit.

I fucking hate Rising Ultimate Kuuga.

...so that was about the best comparison you could have made.
 
RU Kuuga?

Ultimate Kuuga?

That was too much to type?


Also no.

Rising Ultimate Kuuga is pants shittingly retarded no matter *WHO* becomes him.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top