Do you believe Decade can beat ALL the other Riders? And SHOULD he be able to?

You wanna explain "injustice" to Kamen Rider Kabuto by using clock-up and increasing his speed to move faster than the normal average being (an ability that every1 but Kabuto, Decade & Faiz possess).

But you know what? The Kabuto Riders could ALL do that. Power-ups aside, the other Riders couldn't beat Kabuto because of Tendou's ability. The Kabuto Zecter on another person wouldn't be as effective.

...But the Decadriver is broken from the start. Joe Schmo can beat Kabuto with THAT level of power.

And when I say "Do you believe Decade can beat all Riders", I'm not asking what the story did. I'm asking if you think they ignored certain Riders abilities in order for Decade to pull off wins.

Can is a question of whether the writing made it believable. Should is asking whether he deserves it, believable or not.

Heroes are forever
He was supposed to destroy them, they didn't bring their A-Game against him because most of them knew they were supposed to ''die''.
Ichigo & Nigo were not aware of this, so that's why Tsukasa didn't go a few rounds with them, if he did, they would have relieved Kivara of her duty.
Natsumi was the one who was supposed to destroy him, Decade allowed her to do that. If Takeshi and/or Hayato did it, a multiversal screw-up would have happened.

That's why Decade turned the Riders from V3-Kiva into cards.

Don't be silly and say he can destroy the original 2, in fact, him destroying people like V3 is saying a lot, let alone do that to Skyrider, Kabuto & Super-1.
Igadevil said it in his review, and that is my freakin' canon, Ichigo & Nigo's cards weren't featured and to me, they weren't there.

Onigiri Rider
^
I agree with Sage Shinigami there, Biorider should have been nigh untouchable but Decade still beat him...

Heroes are forever
And from a writing perspective I think Momotaros would get completely pissed off at the amount of anti-climax the deaths had.

They completely ignored their abilities and made every fight seem one-sided, for some Riders it looked like they didn't have chance, and the blame falls squarely upon the writer's shoulders, the time limit they had to work with didn't help at all.
There's still no excuse for the beginning, if you want to show some of the first generation Riders and display their abilities that's ok, but blowing them up in such short fights is unforgivable.

Nice post!!
Do I believe Decade can beat ALL the other Riders?

If Toei tells me a good story about it first, sure. (Toei has yet to do this.)

SHOULD Decade be able to?

Well, if it makes the story more interesting, absolutely. (This has yet to be the case.)

Power levels don't mean anything in fiction. Authors can wave their magic wands and make anyone into a winner or loser, arbitrarily. All that matters is whether or not the story's any good.

People object to Decade's abilities not because "he's too strong," though that's what they say. The actual problem is that his abilities just don't make any sense. If he can turn into Kabuto and Kuuga, why the hell does he bother ever turning into anyone else?

When Kabuto and Kuuga were written as super-strong, there was at least some story purpose behind it. Kuuga is a story about whether it's possible to be responsible with the sheer power a superhero can attain, Kabuto is a story about what qualifies a man to exercise power and authority.

Decade is powerful for quite literally no reason. The story isn't made better because he's so strong, in fact it's frequently made worse. People don't object to Decade's powers so much as how his powers don't make the story any better, though.

Anyway, I think the premise of this topic is quite wrong. Decade only was really extremely overpowered with Fury Form, and that form only existed when he accepted a mission that would result in his own death.

Otherwise, yes, he was still powerful compared to most other Riders, but so was the powered up Skyrider (well, at least, in his debut), so was RX, so was Kabuto, so was Double in Decade's movies... It's not like this is a new concept.

Decade is powerful for quite literally no reason. The story isn't made better because he's so strong, in fact it's frequently made worse. People don't object to Decade's powers so much as how his powers don't make the story any better, though.

I really don't see how you can say that.

Although it wasn't an active plot element during most of its run, Decade was introduced and often described as the one that could defeat Kamen Riders. The entire set up of the plot (which wasn't actually the focus of the show...) was based on that idea. If he weren't the "destroyer", the series would need a completely different premise. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, it could be done, but would be a different series.

The world hopping element of the show, which was the actual main focus, didn't need such a powerful Rider, but removing it would still change the series significantly overall, so I don't see how you can say that he's powerful "for no reason".

If he can turn into Kabuto and Kuuga, why the hell does he bother ever turning into anyone else?

Kuuga's basic forms aren't that good. The only one of Decade's forms that really had no excuse for the little use was Kabuto, but shortly after he got Complete Form, which was only touched by Super Apollogeist, so it's not like he lacked power anyway.

The actual story for decade would have been interesting if done right. Why was decade made? To destroy the riders for Daishocker. Why were the worlds collapsing? Probably the bridges decade created for Daishocker to travel the worlds. Then we'd have the big reveal he was a bad guy but didn't wanna be one after his journey without the memory of this. But then after being accepted as a hero again he finds out he needs to destroy the riders to renew the worlds whether he wants to or not and painfully accepts the burden of killing off all the riders and then letting he himself be destroyed. As narutaki said in the last moment of the show "Decade will destroy the worlds, the riders and then himself." The concept of a man against the world but trying to save it at the same time.

Nice post!!
I really don't see how you can say that.

Because Decade is not a good story.

If the premise of the show was Decade as a horrible harbinger of the apocalypse, that should've been the focus of the storytelling. If the focus of the storytelling was fanservicey world-hopping, then the premise should've been built with that in mind.

Either way you look at it, Decade was poorly-constructed from its inception. It is at best an interesting failure.

(For the record, I can be quite fond of interesting failures... but I will acknowledge them as failures.)

The world hopping element of the show, which was the actual main focus, didn't need such a powerful Rider, but removing it would still change the series significantly overall, so I don't see how you can say that he's powerful "for no reason".

Because Decade isn't about anything. What did it mean that he was so strong? What did the story to use it to say about the human condition? About how a powerful person should live, or whether it's good to be powerful, or... anything?

Nothing. Decade said nothing at all, the sequence of events in the TV show is fundamentally without meaning. A good story has no purposeless elements. Decade's strength is purposeless because the story did not use it as an effective tool to convey any substantial ideas.

Kuuga's basic forms aren't that good.

The sidekick Kuuga in Decade, maybe. Godai was consistently portrayed as starting with amazing power that over the course of the series grew horrifying. That's what the story was about; Kuuga had to be portrayed that way or none of it would make sense in the end. Later Riders are portrayed very differently because their stories are, generally, about different and less ambitious things.