Do you believe Decade can beat ALL the other Riders? And SHOULD he be able to?

Because Decade is not a good story.

I knew you'd say that. However, that has nothing to do with the story needing Decade's power. As it was written, Decade's power WAS necessary for the plot.

If the premise of the show was Decade as a horrible harbinger of the apocalypse, that should've been the focus of the storytelling. If the focus of the storytelling was fanservicey world-hopping, then the premise should've been built with that in mind.

The premise was built with world hopping in mind though. It was there mostly to justify that world hopping, after all. Just because the series didn't focus on its story, it doesn't mean the series needs to be Den-O.

Because Decade isn't about anything. What did it mean that he was so strong? What did the story to use it to say about the human condition? About how a powerful person should live, or whether it's good to be powerful, or... anything?

Decade is about Kamen Rider. I think that's pretty obvious.

And, to make him stand out among the other Riders, he pretty much needed to be a "Rider of Riders". Thus the dark origin -previous Riders were created by The Villain, he was The Villain; Not only people rejected his true nature, the worlds themselves rejected him as a foreign element but he still fought to protect them; Every Rider had super powers... so he had powers that were super even among other super powers. Those elements are just basic Rider characteristics tuned up to make him stand out even among other Riders.

Of course, you can consider that meaningless compared to a series that focuses on an actual relevant human problem, it's completely fair.

Nothing. Decade said nothing at all, the sequence of events in the TV show is fundamentally without meaning.

Because the series usually didn't focus on its main story. Each arc had a theme of its own that was usually slapped on the viewers heads at the end, in case they had missed it. I enjoyed Decade exactly due to that episodic division.

The main story itself is full of things I don't particularly care about (like the "special one" focus).

The sidekick Kuuga in Decade, maybe. Godai was consistently portrayed as starting with amazing power that over the course of the series grew horrifying.

I'm talking about the basic forms. You know, the only ones that Decade (the Rider, I'm not talking about Onodera) ever used. Kuuga's growth was shown by the development of his forms, like Rising, Amazing and Ultimate.

Tsukasa had none of those forms from the later parts of Kuuga's series (besides Ultimate, but it only was a mimic anyway, not even an actual transformation), so obviously his Kuuga forms wouldn't be too strong compared to his other Rider forms.

Last edited:
Tsukasa was overkill from the get go...Tsukasa should of gained his powers when a "passerby" supplies him with his powers.

The "passerby" would offer him his empty card stating:

"...so you're the "Destroyer of Worlds." I don't think you're a destroyer. Here, this is part of your power. Use it, savior of this world."

edit - you know what? i just re-read the original post and realized what i posted pretty much was about the story

in any case, my 2 cents is that it's impossible to separate the legitimacy of decade being an overwhelming force away from the plot. but hey, perhaps this is what makes decade such a good villain

-------

personally, i'd be fine with it if the manner in which he does it is entertaining/well choreographed/well written

the two movies that depicted him doing so are complete bollocks though. unlike the series conflicts, where he is actually portrayed in reasonable manners.

see: kuuga vs decade. yuusuke, frankly, wasn't all that great when he fought decade; not saying this because i don't like him (I LOVE ONODERA) but rather, he doesn't really know how to use his forms against someone who has decade's versatility. kuuga's pegasus form is a sniping tool, not something that goes toe to toe in a gun fight; there's a good reason decade kuuga didn't respond to bassha kiva with pegasus. speaking of which

kid kiva vs decade. kiva is also a relatively inexperienced fighter compared to decade, who has all this knowledge stuffed inside his brain (though he does sometimes falter). it didn't help that kiva didn't know kuuga can transform items into his weapons; even his enemy's things. even though they were relatively even in a straight power battle, decade was clearly controlling the tempo of that fight.

now, another good fight was the ryuki world. knight vs kiva decade; in this fight, decade had a bit too much fun switching forms and was punished for it by bassha being completely overwhelmed. granted, he then "illusion"-ed his way out, but it was a nice moment of a clearly inferior rider system with a good fighter showing the overconfident fool up

another great TV series fight was Den-O vs Decade Agito; the imagins fought quite well, pushing tsukasa back more than once; and the fight pretty much ended in a tie.

now, all riders vs daishocker was just pure and utter trash. it had good moments, but it was basically decade dominating everything with little to no care given to capabilities or whatever; the fights didn't carry a legitimate feeling, they were just complete bollocks

but to be honest

i really enjoyed decade just utterly demolishing kabuto in one hit and then throwing his smoky horn away in movie taisen 2010

the rest of Final Chapter can eat a dick though, can't believe they paired what possibly is the best heisei rider movie with the worst ever heisei rider movie

Kuuguitar
I actually like Decade!Kuuga - he just was overshadowed by that guy named Tsukasa.

Banned
Simply put... No. DCD was a fun show, but no he can't beat them all. Hell Stronger could kick DCD's ass any day of the week blindfolded.

HEROW
Decade can beat all of the Riders in HIS universe... But the thing is, Decade's world is full of plot-holes that logic doesn't justify the fact that he can really beat them all up. Kamen Rider DCD defies all logic.

Even if they made it seem like Decade is indeed a legit series which is supposed to connect all of the KR series together, just not a lot of people are convinced, because it is only logical for them to hype him all up to have the ability to defeat all of the Riders given it's an anniversary series even with all of his pumped up stats (which really doesn't matter since it's just for hyping it up some more) but that's just for marketing purposes.

Looking at it in an outside perspective, no, Decade can't realistically (as much as it is all just fiction) beat the other Riders outside his show.

Stat-wise, yes he can, but those stats are somewhat full of BS. Decade is a fluke... As much as I love Decade, I respect it enough to accept that it is it's own show, and even with all the attempt to make it the center of all KR series since Ichigo, the Riders in his show are just for fanservice, that's all.

If you want to know who can really plausibly defeat all of the Riders, try reading JUDO from KR Spirits manga.

HEROW
Basing on how Judo looks like, it seems they styled Tsukasa in the All Riders movie to resemble Judo.

[hide]
judor.jpg
credits to wildwolf[/hide]

Simply put... No. DCD was a fun show, but no he can't beat them all. Hell Stronger could kick DCD's ass any day of the week blindfolded.

Stronger beating Blade in the Decade movie alone makes me toss that DCD out of personal canon...