General Discussion Do you believe in horoscope?

Since I was a child, I already see a lot of people reading their horoscope in the newspaper. You can expect that I also did that when I was growing up. But in my adulthood, I realized that horoscope, particularly the zodiac, is dividing the fortunes of all people in only 12 sectors. There are 12 zodiac signs, right? Does that mean the billions of people on earth have only 12 kinds of fortune? That clearly shows that horoscope is just for fun and should not be taken seriously.

I also believed in horoscopes when I was a child but now I don't even read them for fun. I avoided them when I watched a documentary claiming that they are associated with devil worshiping, :eek:, crazy right?. I don't believe them but this was a buzz killer to me and I know longer study them.

I never took the findings of horoscope serious even though I have heard about them right from primary education not until a friend in college tried hard to make me believe horoscopy. One thing that shocked me he could predict the approximate time of birth by careful study of one's characters then applying the horoscopic analysis or teachings. Maybe those were good guesses anyway. Even at all that I still have my reservations in horoscope matters.

Last edited:
Like OP said I was also a firm believer of horoscope during my childhood. But as I grew up I realized that it has nothing much to do with our lives. In fact it always give a general feedback which may be true or false. If it comes out to be true we become blind followers and if not we not even remember about it.

So there is always a 50/50 chance and this is relevant in all our lives. I don't think we need any horoscope to predict a 50/50 chance.

I know that my grandmother used to always read her horoscope in the newspaper, but I'm not sure if she ever really believed what was written or not. I think as human beings, it's only natural that we want to know what's going to happen in our future, just so we can be prepared if nothing else.

Personally I have never really believed in horoscopes or fortune tellers, and even though in the past I have read mine, it's more just to pass the time more than anything else, and I'll just let fate itself surprise me with what it might have in store for me.