The Vampire’s great wings unfurled from his armoured back, and with an almost effortless jump he was airborne and gliding into the night, leaving the three Dhohanoid corpses within to slowly begin dissolving into frothing, black and red mush.
XXXXX
“Rotor, I need a situation report…â€
“Rotor here,†the Lorekeeper said quietly into her comm unit, “Lancer, Daredevil, Ghost and I are on the towboat. Next step’s reaching the
Piper. The crew heard us moving about and are presently investigating, but I think we’re okay.â€
“Good,†was Inaba’s response, with audibly cautious relief, “see if you can move everyone to the adjacent barge. It’s got a great big tarpaulin in the middle. If the Tagers return to mortal form, it should sufficiently conceal you until the cargo’s aboard. If they send any Dhohanoids with it, it’ll be less hassle than fightin’ an entire ship full of ‘em.â€
“What happens after we get the crate?â€
“Fog’s men will handle pickup. He’ll give them the go ahead on my signal. If you can capture the cargo without destroyin’ it, just make sure you keep it out of Chrysalis hands until they arrive.â€
“Copy that,†said Rotor.
“Feast and the others finally finished stompin’ the Goombas inside,†said Inaba, “I’ve managed to keep the whole thing quiet somehow, else they’d be expectin’ a lot more company soon. They’re headin’ your way now. Stay on your toes in case they plan to be as subtle as they were before.â€
“Yeah, I see them, Inaba,†said Rotor, glancing skywards as a black shape swooped through the air. She bit down on her bottom lip, waiting to see if Feast and his payload would be able to land without alerting the boat’s three-man crew. She doubted they would present any problem by themselves, but there was always the risk they would be able to warn those on the
Piper. She switched channels. “Torch, this is Rotor. I can see you coming. Tell Feast to try and land on the barge and go straight to mortal form. Use the big tarp to hide.â€
I’d like Feast to roll his Stealth Skill, with his Agility Attribute as a base, with a -1 Test Penalty due to the added weight.