[CASTING CALLS] CthulhuTech: The Eldritch Society -- Characters / O.O.C. [WARNING: Contains horror.]

Quick question Scotty. Based on the background I gave you, do you mind if I switch something in Grey's Skills? It just occurred to me that it would make a heck of a lot more sense.

Specifically:

Drop:

Literacy: Adept to Novice

Add:

Stealth Specialization(s): Silent Movement; Concealment

-----------------------------------

Wanted to ask before I made the changes. If not that's fine as well. Thanks.

I'm normally not very generous about changing things around post-approval, but for various reasons you've caught me at an opportune moment, so go for it. Just remember that if you do this, your character will have the reading and writing capability of a primary school pupil, and likely his handwriting will be a barely legible scrawl. Have a good think about this before you do it. Some upgrades are better saved up for with experience.

All right, Bladesman, I'll accept your edited application now. When you find what you want me to add to the soundtrack, let me know before you edit it in. I'm now officially just waiting on B Samurai's profile and confirmation from MagiPink, and I'll work on the start of our first episode.

I did some thinking and decided against changing anything. Thanks for being generous about it Scotty.

Name: Algernon Frost
Pack Name: Ghost
Allegiance: Eldritch Society
Profession: Tager
Race: Human
Virtue(s): Self-confident, humble, honest, productive.
Flaw(s): Arrogant, dull, cruel.

Physical Appearance: An individual at the height of 5'9, Algernon possesses a runner's body, in concurrence with his urban exploration hobby. He has dark brown mid-length long hair that he keeps trimmed, often hampering the hairy mess with a pony tail in case he finds that he would be running long distances. Algernon has a soft face, high cheek bones, ending in a pointed chin. He has a scar running across his right cheek thanks to an unfortunate spill during a run. His eyes are of a dark brown hue, but still share a kind, yet mysterious tone to them. He usually wears a black hoodie soaked with holes, but he refuses to give it away as it's been with him for far too long. He usually runs with his hood up and over his face, a trait he gained from running from the Chrysalis Corp. He wears comfortable pants, anything that he can really run in. His shoes are usually something that allow limber movements, which also have good traction on his feet.

ATTRIBUTES

Agility: 9
Intellect: 5
Perception: 7
Presence: 5
Strength: 8
Tenacity: 7

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 3 normal
Movement: 15 m.p.h. (37/9 y.p.t.)
Reflex: 10
Vitality: 12
Orgone: 11
Drama Points: 10

Skills:
Languages (English): Expert
Literacy: Novice
Regional Knowledge: Novice
Stealth: Master

Combat Skills:
Dodge: Novice
Marksman: Adept
Fighting (Tager): Master
Support Weapon (Tager): Expert

Assets:
Fast (2)
Internal Compass (1)
Tager (4)
Peripheral Vision (1)

Drawbacks:
Duty (3)
Fanatical (2)

Gear (Carried):
Night Vision Goggles with IR Illuminator
Ordinary Clothing
Belt Holster
PA Permit

Weapons: Chilled Touch (+1) – the Spectre’s touch is supernaturally freezing. It leaves frost on whatever it touches. The Tager can consciously dampen this effect.
Gravewind – range 5 yd. radius, damage +1, shots 1, infinite rounds. obscuring.
CS-40 Defender - +1
Limit Weapon
Phasing (+6) – the Spectre phases into a single living target and materialises, violently displacing the thing’s flesh and bone. The Tager then rips itself out of the victim, tearing out further chunks of internal organs as it does. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

TAGER STATS

Manifestation: Spectre
Regeneration: 1/2
Fear Factor: 12
Agility: 11
Perception: 9
Strength: 10
Tenacity: 8
Actions: 3 normal
Movement: 19 m.p.h. (47/11 y.p.t.)
Reflex: 12
Vitality: 14
Armour: 1/1

Special Abilities: Insubstantial – the Spectre can mystically pass through solid objects, literally walking through walls, trees, cars, even people. It cannot pass through things that are moving more than casually – for example, it can’t let bullets pass through it. It also cannot rematerialise within an object or the Tager will be destroyed – with one exception (its Limit Attack). Only places that have been mystically protected against Outsiders block a Spectre. Spectres only become insubstantial at the moment they are phasing through an object and are solid at every other time. This ability drains the Orgone of the Tager. Each point of Orgone allows the Spectre to pass through any number of solid objects at will for one minute. When the Tager is out of Orgone, it can no longer pass through solid objects.

Gravewind – the Gravewind is a fetid cloud of withering gas, harming all living things within – even those protected by environmental suits. Each turn, generate a Test Result using the Tager’s Tenacity Feat skill and use it in all Contests to determine damage. Those within defend using their Tenacity Feat skill. Each time the Spectre uses Gravewind, it partially obscures sight in a five-yard radius around the Tager. If a Spectre uses Gravewind two turns in the same area, sight becomes completely obscured. This ability does affect Outsiders (including other Tagers), but not other Spectres.

Senses: night-vision, scan, thermal.
Movement & Speed: climbing (double), jumping (triple), land (normal).

Insanity Points: 1
Disorders:

Background: At an early age, Algernon quickly became enamored with the thoughts of exploration and discovering ancient cities from reading about past societies and places in history books. But as his school career came to an unremarkable end thanks to terribly bad grades, his thoughts often wandering to the places he could be exploring one day, Algernon took it upon himself to become an urban explorer and honed his body for this hobby. After several years of indulging himself, there was no place that Algernon couldn't get.

Eventually his curiosity for exploring any and all terrain landed him in hot trouble, as he stumbled upon a demonic deal with the Chrysalis Corporation that had gone south. Realizing that Algernon was among the witnesses to the deal, they hunted him down for six months, the young runner only evading them each time by the skin of his teeth. Eventually his luck would run out, but a chance encounter with the Eldritch Society wooed him over to the right side, albeit the morality of that would be ironic. He eventually decided to join the Tager program, emerging as an entirely different person after the ritual had finished.

Theme Songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4zw9qMLKUg

All right, B, you're accepted. Now, I'll be working on the opening scenario for our first episode. All goes well, expect it up tomorrow. Also, I'll be setting up an O.O.C. chat on Skype for all the players. Joining this is not mandatory but it'll make communication between all of us easier. If I don't have your Skype, P.M. it to me and I'll bring you in. Looking forward to this. This thread will remain open for those who want to sign up later down the line. We'll work out how to integrate you into the story.

In light of his bizarre disappearance, and until such time as he is returned to us, B Samurai's character, Algernon Frost, a.k.a Ghost, will be relegated to N.P.C. status. This means he is accessible to all, however I ask that he be treated with respect to his character and that control of him be returned immediately to B Samurai when he comes back. Thank you.

In light of his bizarre disappearance, and until such time as he is returned to us, B Samurai's character, Algernon Frost, a.k.a Ghost, will be relegated to N.P.C. status. This means he is accessible to all, however I ask that he be treated with respect to his character and that control of him be returned immediately to B Samurai when he comes back. Thank you.

I'm so sorry for my absence! I thought all my school stuff got caught up within the last week, but it turned out I was just opening up a can of worms. It was a huge oversight on my part, and I've barely even been on my own laptop for the past few days. Yet again, I apologize for this. I need to get this week straightened out, and I should be ready to catch up by the week. I meant to post earlier in the weekend, but I'm in between tests right now and didn't want to let you guys think I was dead... Brain dead, maybe. Haha. So for now, Mark the Red me (for any of you that get that reference) and I'll get back as soon as possible. Once again, sorry guys, hope I haven't been holding anything up! :sweat:

I'm so sorry for my absence! I thought all my school stuff got caught up within the last week, but it turned out I was just opening up a can of worms. It was a huge oversight on my part, and I've barely even been on my own laptop for the past few days. Yet again, I apologize for this. I need to get this week straightened out, and I should be ready to catch up by the week. I meant to post earlier in the weekend, but I'm in between tests right now and didn't want to let you guys think I was dead... Brain dead, maybe. Haha. So for now, Mark the Red me (for any of you that get that reference) and I'll get back as soon as possible. Once again, sorry guys, hope I haven't been holding anything up! :sweat:

Don't worry about it, B. Thanks for letting us know you're okay. We're all waiting your proper return with great anticipation. Good luck with your schoolwork.

Name: Ilesa Yogananda
Callsign: Rotor
Allegiance: Eldritch Society
Profession: Lorekeeper
Race: Human
Virtue(s): Imaginative, Peaceful
Flaw(s): Impatient, Irreverent

Physical Appearance: Rotor is an Indian woman in her late 20s, with a curvaceous build and a round, pretty face. She has dark, caramel-coloured eyes, and shoulder-length hair with a prominent, leftward-sweeping fringe dyed in a rainbow of many colours. She favours white lipstick and nail varnish. Her arms are always kept bare, and the left is tattooed from the shoulder all the way down to the wrist with slightly luminescent, blue symbols, glyphs and characters. Five blue lines start at the wrist and stop just short of her individual knuckles. The precise purpose and nature of the lines is not totally understood. Like many of her fellow Lorekeepers, Rotor exhibits an eccentric sense of fashion. Her most frequent recurring ensemble is a sequined choli over a dark vest, formfitting black trousers festooned with luminescent, blue-white plastic piping, which can also be found attached around her shoulders and hips. These are fastened by a wide, studded belt. Usual footwear consists of knee-high, wine red boots with many buckles and black leather straps in a criss-crossing fashion. She sometimes dons a black, zip-up, leather jumpsuit with the left sleeve cut off and mirrored, wraparound sunglasses, or more experimental outfits that combine traditional Asian concepts with modern, provocative flair. She wears a variety of jewellery, but her favourite piece is a many-pointed emerald star pendant ringed with engraved silver. Rotor’s only remarkable blemish is a dark patch of scarred skin on the side of her neck, which she covers as much as possible.

ATTRIBUTES

Agility: 5 (ft.: 2)
Intellect: 8 (ft.: 4)
Perception: 7 (ft.: 3)
Presence: 5 (ft.: 2)
Strength: 5 (ft.: 2)
Tenacity: 7 (ft.: 3)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 1 normal
Movement: 9 m.p.h. (22/5 y.p.t.)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 10
Orgone: 13
Drama Points: 10

Skills:
• Appraisal: Student (1)
• Athletics: Novice (2)
• Computer: Student (1)
• Education: Adept (3)
• History: Student (1)
• Language (Tsath-yo): Novice (2)
• Languages (Aklo): Student (1)
• Languages (Arabic): Novice (2)
• Languages (English): Expert (4)
• Languages (Latin): Novice (2)
• Languages (R’lyehan): Novice (2)
• Literacy: Adept (3)
• Occult: Adept (3)
• Parapsychology: Novice (2)
• Regional Knowledge: Novice (2)
• Research: Novice (2)

Combat Skills:
• Dodge: Novice (2)
• Fighting: Novice (2)
• Marksman: Student (1)

Assets:
• Double Jointed: (1)
• Eidetic Memory: (3)
• Gifted Multi-Tasker: (2)

Drawbacks:
• Amnesia: (4)
• Compulsion: minor (1). Temptation to hoard books and always have at least two open when reading; one as a break from the other.
• Duty: Eldritch Society (3)
• Phobia: Musophobia (2)

Gear (Carried):
EuroWagon Pioneer: sports utility vehicle, dark green.
• Ordinary Clothes.
• P.C.P.U, (“peek”): choker-model with wireless communication earpiece.
• Weapons permit = Level P.A.

Weapons:
• CS-32 “Midnight Spec.”: small auto-pistol.

Spells:
• Consecrate Arcane Space: Enchantment, 1ST Order, legal.
• Summon Familiar: Summoning, 1ST Order, illegal.
• Traverse the Land Beyond Dreams: Dreaming, 1ST Order, illegal.
• Ward of Corporal Protection: Protection, 1ST Order, legal.

Insanity Points: N/A
Disorders: N/A

Background: Rotor does not remember her childhood. Medical reports vaguely state that she was hospitalised when she was fourteen, catatonic and bleeding from a grievous wound on the side of her neck. Her father, known to members of the Eldritch Society as, “Eudemon,” is aware of the events which occurred over the course of days leading up to the incident, but has sworn himself to silence. It was through him that she came to enter the Society and undergo training. She had once stated a desire to become a Tager, but changed her mind when a senior Lorekeeper told her that her true talents were in sorcery, which would be lost should she unite with a Ta’ge symbiont. The Lorekeeper took her under her wing, trained her, and gave her the nickname she now goes by, based on a sound the girl would make with her tongue while struggling over a problem. The senior Lorekeeper became something like an older sister to Rotor as the years went by, and as her father was often halfway across the world in order to fulfil his duties to the enigmatic Nazzadi named Fog, and her mother was nowhere to be found, took over many parental duties in the process. Rotor, to this very day, still wears the pendant her mentor presented her with on the day she was officially recognised and made a part of the network of Lorekeepers worldwide. Rotor’s closest confidant is her familiar, the Outsider raven known as Ozarot, who may be aware of the events that occurred in his mistress’s mysterious past.

XXXXX​

Name: Ozarot
Race: Raven (familiar)
Virtue(s): Honest, Patient
Flaw(s): Arrogant, Rude

Physical Appearance: Ozarot, on the whole, resembles a Common Raven (Corvus corax), covered from end to end by ebony. Feathers, beak, eyes, all are the black of deepest night. Ozarot’s Outsider taint manifests itself in the extra, velociraptor-like claws located halfway up his legs, and an extendable, rubbery neck, hidden by an unkempt, feathery ruff, that grants him greater flexibility.

ATTRIBUTES

Agility: 7 (ft.: 3)
Intellect: 7 (ft.: 3)
Perception: 5 (ft.: 2)
Presence: 5 (ft.: 2)
Strength: 1 (ft.: 1)
Tenacity: 4 (ft.: 2)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 1 normal
Vitality: 3
Orgone: 20
Reflex: 6

Skills:
• Athletics: Adept (3)
• Observation: Adept (3)
• Survival: Expert (4)

Combat Skills:
• Dodge: Novice (2)
• Fighting: Student (1)

Drawbacks:
• Outsider-Tainted (4).

Weapons:
• Beak (-1)
• Talons (-1)

Damage Bonus: -1
Senses: acute vision, night-vision
Movement & Speed: land [7 m.p.h. (17/4 y.p.t.)], flight [15 m.p.h. (37/9 y.p.t)]

Last edited: