[CASTING CALLS] CthulhuTech: The Eldritch Society -- Characters / O.O.C. [WARNING: Contains horror.]

Man, it's a good thing I decided to roll with a Phantom, then. We've already got two special snowflakes murderbeasts. Speaking of, my character's mostly done. I've just got to put together a background and it'll be ready to post...unless I decide to wait for B to post his dude, since I think there's a joke I'll be able to make.

Man, it's a good thing I decided to roll with a Phantom, then. We've already got two special snowflakes murderbeasts. Speaking of, my character's mostly done. I've just got to put together a background and it'll be ready to post...unless I decide to wait for B to post his dude, since I think there's a joke I'll be able to make.

Can't blame people for wanting the cool Tagers. I look forward to seeing what you've got. Starting to seem I'll have to provide N.P.C.s for the Lorekeeper and Operator roles, the way this is going.

I was torn between Spectre and Vampire for quite awhile. But I finally chose Vampire :169:

Plus having someone else with a Hybrid limit will help if we run into anything we really shouldn't be fighting.

Name: Shury
Pack Name: Inaba
Allegiance: The Eldritch Society
Profession: Operative
Race: Nazzadi
Virtue: Optimist
Flaw: Foolish

Physical Appearance: Inaba is small and fragile-looking for a Nazzadi, generally wrapping herself in a long, white greatcoat when she's out and about in Wilmarth. On the other hand, she is Nazzadi, and has little problem wandering around completely naked whilst safely hidden away in the Wetworks, although she will often wear a vest and shorts to stop her equipment harness chafing if nothing else. She has several scars on her dark skin - they stand out starkly, considering her lack of the usual Nazzadi tattoos. She only has one, an inch high white rabbit stencilled onto her left calf. The only other thing she wears on a day to day basis is her stylish glasses, shaped to make the most of her narrow face and large, red eyes.

[ame]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Heromaker/ShuryInaba_001_zps6e43f3fb.jpg[/ame] (the back of her shirt reads "I'm real")

ATTRIBUTES

Agility:5 (+1 Nazzadi) (Feat: 2)
Intellect: 10 (Feat: 5)
Perception:7 (Feat: 3)
Presence: 4 (Feat: 2)
Strength: 4 (Feat: 2)
Tenacity:6 (Feat: 3)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 1
Movement: 17/4 ypt
Reflex: 7
Vitality: 10
Orgone: 13
Drama Points: 10

Skills:
Appraisal Novice
Armourer Novice
Athletics Novice (Free Running)
Bureaucracy Novice
Communications Adept
Computer Expert (Hacking)
Education Student
Hobby Student (Self-bondage)
Languages Novice (English)
Languages Master (Nazzadine, free)
Larceny Novice
Literacy Novice
Observation Novice
Occult Adept
Pilot Novice (Remote Drones)
Regional Knowledge Student (Wilmarth)
Research Adept (Internet)
Security Novice
Stealth Student
Streetwise Novice
Surveillance Novice
Technician Adept

Combat Skills:
Dodge Novice
Marksman Novice (Sniping)
Support Weapons Novice

Assets:
Contacts 2
Eidetic Memory
Egghead
Gifted Multi-tasker
Nightvision (free)
Sexy Voice 1

Drawbacks:
Big Ego (1)
Code (3)
Compulsive Behaviour (3)
Coward
Damaged
Dark Secret (3)
Delusions
Duty (3) - Eldritch Society
Habit (2) - Coffee
Hunted (2)
Jealousy
Low Pain Threshold
Manic
Photophobia (1+1)
Rival
Impaired Sight

Gear (Carried):
Leather duster
PCPU
Augmented Reality Glasses
Dark Shield
HIU keyboard
HIU trackball
HIU display
Identity Mask
ODM
Self-destruct Unit
Stylish armoured carrying shell.

Weapons:
ESR-99 Sniper Rifle (regular mission usage, not normally carried)

Insanity Points:
Disorders:

Background: Inaba came from the American Midwest. She proudly claims to be the child of a mixed race family, although she will sheepishly admit to being a pureblood herself. She refuses to explain more of her past than that, instead rambling off into strange faerie stories and lies when questioned, and never the same ones twice. Whatever happened, she has a powerful distrust of humans despite her flirtatious bluster.

For the GM:[hide]
Hunted by: KKK (Especially Knights of the White Camelia)

Background: Shury grew up with her Nazzadi mother and human step-father in a small town in east texas. While she learned English to function in normal society, her parents spoke nothing but Nazzadi at home, and she considers that to be her native language.

When she was fifteen, she dated a local human boy, Angel Cook for several months. On the night of her sixteenth birthday, he took her up to the overlook, a small hill from which the whole town could be seen. She believed he had intended a romantic rendezvous, but his actual designs were far more sinister. Angel was to be inducted that night into the Knights of the White Camelia, and she was to be his initiation.

Tradition demands that a cross be anointed with the blood of a sacrifice before burning, but Angel had other ideas. He planned to cuff her to the cross itself and let the fire do the killing for him. Shury struggled, and Angel was the one who burned.

The Code of the White Rabbit;
- I always keep my word.
- I will protect the downtrodden and the needy.
- I will always avenge a personal insult.
- I cannot fail in my service. I will succeed or die trying.
- I will never turn my back on a friend in need.

The Compulsions of the White Rabbit;
- Always washes her face after eating.
- Always flirt with dominant personalities.

The Damage of the White Rabbit;
- Humans are vicious, treacherous monsters. Inaba can't trust easily,
but especially not humans.

The Dark Secret of the White Rabbit;
- Inaba's first boyfriend was a Klan member who seduced her in
a bid to acquire her for ritual execution. She killed him.

The Delusion of the White Rabbit;
- Inaba believes in fairies.
[/hide]

Last edited:
I've got a bio almost ready, though I'm still unsure about the what other skills i could add which are suitable or what the possible combat skills, drawbacks and assets I could use.

[HIDE] Name: Varna (Johannesburg Tager) Pentinton
Pack Name: Renato
Allegiance: Eldritch Society
Profession: Tagger
Race: Xenomix
Virtue(s): Driven, self-sacrificing
Flaw(s): dishonest, self-loathing

Physical Appearance: A young xenomix of 18 years old, his rather lanky build hides some definite muscle tone. Varna prefers to keep his head and face clean shaven. He prefers to wear light clothing most of the time usually in white and black colour scheme. Though it’s often hidden his back is decorated with several skull tattoos’ outside while the rest of his body remains bare.

ATTRIBUTES

Barring bonuses, you have 35 points to spread between these, with 1 being poor and 10 being peak.

Agility: 7 + 1 (racial) + 1(shadow)
Intellect: 5
Perception: 7
Presence: 3
Strength: 4 + 1(shadow)
Tenacity: 9 +1(shadow)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 7
Movement: 5.5
Reflex: 6.3
Vitality: 11.5
Orgone: 11.5

Skills:

Athletics: Novice -2
Computers: Student -1
Criminal: Student -1
Dodge: expert -3
Fighting: Adept - 3
Intimidate: Student -1
Languages (English): novice -f
Languages (Nazaddi): novice –f
Litracy: novice –f
regional knowledge: Novice -f
Literacy: Novice -2
Marksman: Novice -2
Observation: adept -2
Occult: Novice -2
Regional Knowledge: Novice -2
Research: Student -1
Security: Student -1
low-light vision: novice –f

Combat Skills: WIP

Assets: wip
Asset: Alluring (1)
Drawback: Misfit (1)

Drawbacks: WIP

Gear (Carried): if possible (and if it could actually be useful) Flash bang grenades
smoke grenades,
Tager Symbiont
CS-40 Defender
Personal Central Processing Unit (Watch)
Wireless Communication Earpiece
P.A. Weapons Permit

Weapons: for a full list, contact the storyteller.

TAGER STATS

Manifestation: Shadow
Regeneration: 1/2
Fear Factor: 12
Agility: 11
Perception: 9
Strength: 7
Tenacity: 12
Actions: 10
Movement: 9
Reflex: 8.3
Vitality:14.5
Armour:1/1
senses: night vision, scan

Special Abilities:
Special: Paralytic Poison
Special: Stealth
Weapons: Thorns
Weapons: Needle Pods
Limit Weapons: multiport

Insanity Points: 1
Disorders:

Background: Varna’s parents were both members of the eldritch society joined shortly after their marriage. The two were both veterans of the First Arcanotech War and had bonded over their mutual uncertainty of what to do in times of peace. Varna himself was born into the society grew up resenting the general population who remain ignorant of war against the children of chaos, this resentment was compounded with the death of his parents who had passed away during a protecting an defecting agent of the corporation with information related to the chrysalis corporation’s plans in south Africa. Having spent the majority of his grief-stricken time preparing on his 18th birthday Varna immediately underwent the rite of sacred union.

Theme Songs: to be added
[/HIDE]

Name: Kaly
Pack Name: Lancer
Profession: Tager
Virtue(s): Self-Confident
Flaw(s): Violent

Physical Appearance: Yeah, I shamelessly stole this from the core book. What of it?

ATTRIBUTES
Agility: 8
Perception: 6
Presence: 5
Strength: 8
Tenacity: 8

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 2
Movement: 15 mph (37/9 ypt)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 13
Orgone: 6

Skills:
Language (Nazzadi): Expert
Literacy: Novice
Regional Knowledge: Novice
Language (English): Adept
Dodge: Adept
Focused- Tager
Fighting: Adept
Focused- Tager
Marksman: Novice
Observation: Novice
Occult: Novice
Athletics: Novice
Computer: Student

Assets:
Tager (4)
Common Sense (2)
Nightvision (N)
Luck (3) x3

Drawbacks:
Duty (3)
Fanatical (2)
Oath (1): Vegetarianism
Habit (1): Alcohol

Gear (Carried):
Phantom Tager
UT-7 Hornet
PA License
Ordinary Clothes
Personal Central Processing Unit (Bracelet)

Weapons:
Arcane Blast– range 30/75/200, damage +2, shots 3, infinite rounds.
Blades (+2)– these blades often extend from the forearms of the Tager.
Howl (+0)– range of 20 ft. Target must succeed at a Challenging Strength Feat Test or be knocked to the ground.

Limit Weapon: Tentacle Sheathe (+3) – a mass of tentacles bursts out of the Phantom’s chest, covering a 30 ft. cone in front of him. Everything caught within the tentacles is attacked, at no Multiple Action Penalty. One of the targets, randomly selected, must also succeed at a Challenging Strength Test or the symbiont will drag him back and eat him. This takes one full turn and results in the death of the victim. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

TAGER STATS

Manifestation: Phantom
Regeneration: 1/3
Agility: 10
Perception: 8
Strength: 10
Tenacity: 10
Actions: 3
Movement: 19 mph (47/11 ypt)
Vitality: 15
Armour: 2/2

Special Abilities:
+4 to Fear Tests
Micro-hooks
Double climb, double jump

Disorders: none yet

Background: The daughter of scientists, Kaly was pressured at an early age to follow in her parents' footsteps. However, their constant pressure led her to spurn their wishes and instead become something of a party girl. Her wild life and string of questionable relationships eventually led to trouble when her latest boyfriend revealed himself as a Dhoanoid. Needless to say, she had trouble accepting this. Not too long after, she was approached by the Eldritch Society and joined, becoming a Tager. Unfortunately, the bonding process and everything else she has seen since joining has left Kaly quite jaded.

Theme Songs: "Crystalize" by Lindsey Stirling

I've got a bio almost ready, though I'm still unsure about the what other skills i could add which are suitable or what the possible combat skills, drawbacks and assets I could use.

[HIDE] Name: Varna (Johannesburg Tager) Pentinton
Pack Name: Renato
Profession: Tagger
Race: Xenomix
Virtue(s): Driven, self-sacrificing
Flaw(s): dishonest, self-loathing

Physical Appearance: A young xenomix of 18 years old, his rather lanky build hides some definite muscle tone. Varna prefers to keep his head and face clean shaven. He prefers to wear light clothing most of the time usually in white and black colour scheme. Though it’s often hidden his back is decorated with several skull tattoos’ outside while the rest of his body remains bare.

ATTRIBUTES

Barring bonuses, you have 35 points to spread between these, with 1 being poor and 10 being peak.

Agility: 7 + 1 (racial) + 1(shadow)
Perception: 7
Presence: 3
Strength: 4 + 1(shadow)
Tenacity: 9 +1(shadow)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 7
Movement: 5.5
Reflex: 6.3
Vitality: 11.5
Orgone: 11.5

Skills:

Athletics: Novice -2
Computers: Student -1
Criminal: Student -1
Dodge: expert -3
Fighting: Adept - 3
Intimidate: Student -1
Languages (English): novice -f
Languages (Nazaddi): novice –f
Litracy: novice –f
regional knowledge: Novice -f
Literacy: Novice -2
Marksman: Novice -2
Observation: adept -2
Occult: Novice -2
Regional Knowledge: Novice -2
Research: Student -1
Security: Student -1
low-light vision: novice –f

Combat Skills: WIP

Assets: wip
Asset: Alluring (1)
Drawback: Misfit (1)

Drawbacks: WIP

Gear (Carried): if possible (and if it could actually be useful) Flash bang grenades
smoke grenades,
Tager Symbiont
CS-40 Defender
Personal Central Processing Unit (Watch)
P.A. Weapons Permit

Weapons: for a full list, contact the storyteller.

TAGER STATS

Manifestation: Shadow
Regeneration: 1/2
Agility: 11
Perception: 9
Strength: 7
Tenacity: 12
Actions: 10
Movement: 9
Reflex: 8.3
Vitality:14.5
Armour:1/1
senses: night vision, scan

Special Abilities:
Special: Paralytic Poison
Special: Stealth
Weapons: Thorns
Weapons: Needle Pods
Limit Weapons: multiport

Disorders:

Background: Varna’s parents were both members of the eldritch society joined shortly after their marriage. The two were both veterans of the First Arcanotech War and had bonded over their mutual uncertainty of what to do in times of peace. Varna himself was born into the society grew up resenting the general population who remain ignorant of war against the children of chaos, this resentment was compounded with the death of his parents who had passed away during a protecting an defecting agent of the corporation with information related to the chrysalis corporation’s plans in south Africa. Having spent the majority of his grief-stricken time preparing on his 18th birthday Varna immediately underwent the rite of sacred union.

Theme Songs: to be added
[/HIDE]

I'll be frank. There's a lot of work needed here. If you're having trouble, send me a message on Skype and we'll talk it out.

Name: Shury
Pack Name: Inaba
Allegiance: The Eldritch Society
Profession: Operative
Virtue: Optimist
Flaw: Foolish

Physical Appearance: Inaba is small and fragile-looking for a Nazzadi, generally wrapping herself in a long, white greatcoat when she's out and about in Wilmarth. On the other hand, she is Nazzadi, and has little problem wandering around completely naked whilst safely hidden away in the Wetworks, although she will often wear a vest and shorts to stop her equipment harness chafing if nothing else. She has several scars on her dark skin - they stand out starkly, considering her lack of the usual Nazzadi tattoos. She only has one, an inch high white rabbit stencilled onto her left calf. The only other thing she wears on a day to day basis is her stylish glasses, shaped to make the most of her narrow face and large, red eyes.
[hide]
ShuryInaba_001_zps6e43f3fb.jpg[/hide]

ATTRIBUTES

Agility:5 (+1 Nazzadi) (Feat: 2)
Intellect: 10 (Feat: 5)
Perception:7 (Feat: 3)
Presence: 4 (Feat: 2)
Strength: 4 (Feat: 2)
Tenacity:6 (Feat: 3)

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 1
Movement: 17/4 ypt
Vitality: 10
Orgone: 13

Skills:
Appraisal Novice
Armourer Student
Athletics Student (Free Running)
Beaurocracy Novice
Communications Adept
Computer Adept (Hacking)
Education Student
Hobby Student Self-bondage
Languages Novice English
Languages Master Nazzadine (free)
Larceny Novice
Literacy Student
Observation Novice
Occult Adept
Pilot Student Remote Drones
Regional Knowledge Student Wilmarth
Research Adept (Internet)
Security Novice
Stealth Student
Streetwise Novice
Surveillance Novice
Technician Adept

Combat Skills:
Dodge Novice
Marksman Novice (Sniping)
Support Weapons Student

Assets:
Contacts 2
Eidetic Memory
Egghead
Gifted Multi-tasker
Nightvision (free)
Sexy Voice 1

Drawbacks:
Big Ego (1)
Code (3)
Compulsive Behaviour (1)
Coward
Damaged
Dark Secret (3)
Delusions
Duty (1) - Eldritch Society
Jealousy
Low Pain Threshold
Manic
Photophobia (1+1)
Rival
Impaired Sight

Gear (Carried):
Leather duster
PCPU
Augmented Reality Glasses
Dark Shield
HIU keyboard
HIU trackball
HIU display
Identity Mask
ODM
Self-destruct Unit
Stylish armoured carrying shell.

Weapons:
ESR-99 Sniper Rifle (regular mission usage, not normally carried)

Insanity Points:
Disorders:

Background: Inaba admits she grew up in the southern USA, and that she was raised by her mother and a human man she took as a husband. Any further questioning, however, is met by a variety of strange and unbelievable faerie stories that change with every telling. What is known, however, is that something left her with several knife scars and that despite her flirting she is rather distrustful of humans.

For the GM:
[hide]
Background: Shury grew up with her Nazzadi mother and human step-father in a small town in east texas. While she learned English to function in normal society, her parents spoke nothing but Nazzadi at home, and she considers that to be her native language.

When she was fifteen, she dated a local human boy, Angel Cook for several months. On the night of her sixteenth birthday, he took her up to the overlook, a small hill from which the whole town could be seen. She believed he had intended a romantic rendezvous, but his actual designs were far more sinister. Angel was to be inducted that night into the Knights of the White Camelia, and she was to be his initiation.

Tradition demands that a cross be anointed with the blood of a sacrifice before burning, but Angel had other ideas. He planned to cuff her to the cross itself and let the fire do the killing for him. Shury struggled, and Angel was the one who burned.

She is hunted by the Knights of the White Camellia, for they desire vengeance. For now, she is safe, living and working at the Wetworks for the Eldritch Society whilst maintaining a cover as a freelance counter-hacker. It amuses her no end that her main client while acting in the role of samurai is Crysalis Corp itself.

The Habits of the White RAbbit;
- Coffee is a necessary part of living.

The Code of the White Rabbit;
- I always keep my word.
- I will protect the downtrodden and the needy.
- I will always avenge a personal insult.
- I cannot fail in my service. I will succeed or die trying.
- I will never turn my back on a friend in need.

The Compulsions of the White Rabbit;
- Always washes her face after eating.
- Always flirt with dominant personalities.

The Damage of the White Rabbit;
- Humans are vicious, treacherous monsters. Inaba can't trust easily,
but especially not humans.

The Dark Secret of the White Rabbit;
- Inaba's first boyfriend was a Klan member who seduced her in
a bid to acquire her for ritual execution. She killed him.

The Delusion of the White Rabbit;
- Inaba believes in fairies.[/hide]

The Music of the White Rabbit;
- Aura - Yuki Kajiura
- Obsession - See Saw

Last edited: