[CASTING CALLS] CthulhuTech: The Eldritch Society -- Characters / O.O.C. [WARNING: Contains horror.]

It is the year 2085. The discovery of arcanotechnology, the blending of science and magic, has brought about a new, glorious age for mankind. Harmful fuels that once polluted the environment are a thing of the past, the militaries and industries of Earth have been revolutionised by the creation of powered armour and robotic mounts, anti-gravity engines have made flying vehicles reality, the moon and Mars are now host to functioning colonies, and under the leadership of the New Earth Government, all mankind (more or less) live together in peace and enlightenment.

Then came the First Arcanotech War. Watching from their home on the icy planet of Yuggoth, known to us as Pluto, the alien Migou felt that the new ascendency of humanity would threaten their place in the cosmos. After stealing samples of our arcanotechnology in order to pervert it to their own, twisted designs, the Migou created a clone race to enslave and destroy us, the Nazzadi. The war lasted for seven long and arduous years, until a Nazzadi Field Marshal named Vreta decided that enough was enough. Tired of fighting against beings closer to them than their masters ever could be, Vreta led his people to turn against the Migou, and now the Nazzadi live in harmony with humans under the Schaumberg Treaty. The Migou, despaired and outraged that they would have to get involved themselves, arrived in orbit of our planet in 2074, eight years after the end of the conflict, in a humungous hive-ship, from which they planned to fight against all who opposed them. Contact with the colonies was lost and aerospace travel became strained, if not impossible. Humans and Nazzadi alike faced a horrible new menace. The Second Arcanotech War had begun, otherwise known as the Aeon War.

We, however, have other concerns.

We are the Eldritch Society. We fight a Shadow War against the machinations of the Children of Chaos and the conglomerate that fronts their dark activities, the prolific and seemingly humanitarian Chrysalis Corporation. With their heart at Johannesburg, South Africa, Chrysalis grew from a small company into one of the most powerful names in the business world, its reach stretching all over the globe. Their reclusive C.E.O. is a mysterious Egyptian man, whom we suspect to be descended from origins not of this world. The ugly truth behind the Chrysalis Corporation is that in spite of their friendly, caring image and notable charitable work, they intend to plunge the planet into carnage and destruction. We contend with other inhuman threats as well, but Chrysalis will always be our foremost concern.

In 2052, Chrysalis discovered a complete version of the, “The Breath of R’lyeh,†inscribed upon stone by ancient man, in the ruins of Nineveh along the Tigris River. Cross-referencing fragments of the infamous arcane text known as the, “Necronomicon,†their researchers discovered the secret Rite of Transfiguration, which would imbue the recipient with the might and forms of ancient monsters that once roamed the Earth. Investigating the rite, they created a race of hybrid creatures called Dhohanoids, named for one of the key components, the Dho-Hna Formula. This ritual robbed all those who underwent it of their humanity, turning them into freakish, alien predators. Within five years, the Children of Chaos usurped the board of directors and began to create an army that would help them bring forth the Great Old Ones, entities of unimaginable cosmic power. They are the enemy, and they are everywhere.

Luckily, so are we.

In 2062, Chrysalis agents dispatched to the Arctic Circle unearthed an obsidian city, wherein lay the, “Ta’ge Fragments,†that contained the knowledge of the Forgotten Ones and were the key to even deeper arcane truths. These were transcribed and sent back to the corporation’s headquarters, and the city turned to dust. Later that year, a schism within the Children of Chaos saw the precious fragments stolen and the research records completely wiped. Only three of the twelve rebels survived, but they would go on to give mankind a weapon that could stop and, perhaps in time, destroy their evil former masters. Those three used their knowledge, money and the Ta’ge Fragments to create the Eldritch Society. The texts revealed an alternative to the Rite of Transfiguration known as the Rite of Sacred Union, and despite being a much more painful and dangerous thing to endure, it would allow humans to become one with strange entities, the likes of which had never been seen before, becoming Tagers, while preserving what makes them human beings. The three Founders then took their own lives to ensure their Dhohanoid natures did not make them a danger to the world they sought to defend.

2085. Now. The Eldritch Society has existed for 22 years. In this scenario, a new murder is being gathered on Wilmarth, a sizeable island that is home to several cities. Consisting of Lorekeepers, Operators, newborn Tagers and others as well, this fledgeling branch operate out of the Wetworks, a secret underwater arcology (most if not all of the rest have been abandoned or destroyed since the re-emergence of the amphibious mutants called Deep Ones) where a number of projects which may be vital to the continuance of mankind are underway. A new Chrysalis executive, a Nazzadi named Hanza, has set up a headquarters on the island under the guise of an agricultural endeavour, but an operative within our ranks has made it quite clear that Hanza is not only aware of the corporation’s true intentions, but actively participates in them as a Dhohanoid. The mission of this murder will be to stop Hanza and his men before he can dominate the whole island and make his way inwards towards the mainland, as success there will not only give him significant power and influence of his own, but transform an entire continent into a playground for the Children of Chaos.

CURRENT CAST
• Damian Krane / Torch – Tager (Efreet) – played by Kain.
• Leo “Grey†Paine / Feast – Tager (Vampire) – played by Tigerhawk21.
• Kaly / Lancer – Tager (Phantom) – played by Icefish.
• Shury / Inaba – Operator – played by Furyou Miko.
• Stirling “Liny†/ Daredevil – Tager (Whisper) – played by Arieoelle.
• Varna / Stealth – Tager (Shadow) – played by The_Bladesman.
• Algernon Frost / Ghost – Tager (Spectre) – played by B Samurai.
• Ilesa Yogananda / Rotor & Ozarot – Lorekeeper – N.P.C.

EPISODES
• CURRENT EPISODE: Episode 1

SOUNDTRACK
• Opening titles: “Own Little World†by Celldweller (Celldweller, 2003)
• Torch’s theme: “Skies on Fire†by AC/DC (Black Ice, 2008)
• Feast’s theme: “Hell†by Disturbed (The Lost Children, 2011)
• Lancer’s theme: “Crystallize†by Lindsey Stirling (Lindsey Stirling, 2012)
• Inaba’s theme #1: “Aura†by Yuki Kajiura (.hack//SIGN Original Soundtrack, 2002)
• Inaba’s theme #2: “Obsession†by See Saw (.hack//SIGN Original Soundtrack, 2002)
• Daredevil’s theme: “Fastest Girl in Town†by Miranda Lambert (Four the Record, 2011)
• Stealth’s theme: “Dream Song†by A.S.G. (Win Us Over, 2007)
• Ghost’s theme: “Gravity’s Union†by Coheed and Cambria (The Afterman: Descension, 2013)
• First time travelling through the Wetworks: “Liquid Light†by Andrew Forrest (Alchemy, 2002)
• Tager transformation: “Battle for Survival†by Shōji Meguro (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 Original Soundtrack, 2005)
• The shadow over Baron’s Rock: “La Proue†by Bertrand Eluerd (Evil Twin: Cyprien’s Chronicles Original Soundtrack, 2001)
• Ghost and Stealth in the generator room: “Scrape†by Blue Stahli (Blue Stahli, 2011)
• The first Dhohanoids: “Goro vs. Art†by George S. Clinton (feat. Buckethead) (Mortal Kombat Original Soundtrack, 1995)
• Battle anthem #1: “Inga†by Shiro Sagisu (CASSHERN Original Soundtrack, 2004)

XXXXX​

Dice rolling in a forum atmosphere takes a certain level of trust between the storyteller and the players. Take into account that if you indulge in lying about the results of your rolls, you will not look like some kind of expert, you will be labelled the King or Queen of Sheer Dumb Luck and, in all likelihood, make the game less enjoyable. An extremely lucky roll is nice every now and again, in fact it can even be a bit of a laugh, but there can exist no fulfilment without challenge. Oftentimes, overcoming adversity together yields a greater kind of satisfaction. To facilitate using 10-sided polyhedral dice, you may use your own, or an online roller. I, in particular, favour this one. To post the results of a roll, use
or
Code:
 tags, so it is clearly separated from your in-game text.

For specific questions relating to rules, stats, assets, drawbacks, skills, the world of [I]CthulhuTech[/I] or anything else important, or if you simply want to look at a copy of the relevant .pdf files, feel free to contact me or Kain. If you wish to buy copies of the books in this series in hard or .pdf format, [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/"]Drive-Thru R.P.G.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR] has the whole series available at very reasonable prices.

[CENTER]XXXXX[/CENTER]

[B][U]A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE ELDRITCH SOCIETY[/B][/U]
[HIDE]Hidden deep within the Arctic tundra, in an alien, crumbling city millions of years old, Dhohanoid agents of the Chrysalis Corporation’s T99 Division found something amazing. Inscribed on an enormous monolith was the most complete description of the Forgotten Ones ever made. Unable to translate any of it, agents transcribed the text, destroyed the city, and returned to Johannesburg. It took T99 researchers three months to create a cipher, another three months to figure out it was wrong, and another six months past that to actually create an accurate translation. Some of the researchers marvelled at the myths of the Forgotten Ones. Some of them began to believe. They knew that many hoary gods were real – they in fact worked for one. They began to think that maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to be bringing Hastur, Cthulhu, and their brethren into this world again. The  Ta’ge Fragments, named for the avatar who inscribed the secret text, also hinted at rituals of extraordinary power. Ones that would make people, [I]“more divine.â€[/I] Ones that would make holy warriors. Maybe with these holy warriors did the renegade T99’s stand a chance to change things.

The coup was impressive. The renegades stole the transcriptions of the Ta’ge Fragments, stole all their research data, and wiped the slate clean behind them. The Children of Chaos were left with nothing. Of the original twelve, only three of the traitors survived, but with their prize intact. They knew nowhere in Africa or Europe would be safe for them, so they fled for the heart of the New Earth Government – Chicago – and disappeared. Creating a secret society around their task, the renegades began to enlist gifted academicians. They called themselves the Eldritch Society. Means and political influence were secured as they recruited individuals of wealth and power. They dedicated themselves to translating the Fragments to unlock the might within. It took them nearly two years to unveil the Rite the Sacred Union – the divine ritual for which they sought.

While the Rite of Transfiguration transforms a mortal into a monster, the Rite of Sacred Union does not force one to lose one’s mortality. It reaches out into the universe to bring a mortal and a, [I]“higher being,â€[/I] together in symbiosis. However, participants in the rite would be, [I]“judged worthy,â€[/I] something at which the nascent Eldritch Society could only guess. Six individuals volunteered to first undergo the Rite, observing all the purifications and preparations outlined by the Fragments – only two survived. Those, [I]“judged unworthy,â€[/I] were devoured alive by the, [I]“higher beings.â€[/I] However, those who remained became something incredible.

Tagers, as they have become known, are mortals who have undergone the Rite of Sacred Union, joining with a higher being or what is now called a Ta’ge symbiont. They are more, [I]“divine.â€[/I] While capable of appearing and registering mortal to all examination, they can join with their symbionts and become holy warriors. They are monsters with the hearts of men. There is no way to determine what type of Tager a person will be before performing the Rite of Sacred Union. Something in each petitioner calls out and a higher being answers – he becomes what he becomes. However, the Rite requires a sentient mortal, so while lower lifeforms are out of the question, humans, Nazzadi and xenomixes all qualify. The Ta’ge symbiont also has power and influence of its own. Unsurprisingly, mortals take on some of the personality characteristics of their symbiont. And, if a Tager wears his inhuman form and is rendered unconscious, the symbiont will continue to fight on its own. The Eldritch Society discovered that the key component that allowed participants to survive was not only philosophical belief and ritual purification, but genuine personal will and true conviction. A new screening programme was developed to help recruit new talent and Tager ranks grew – unfortunately not as quickly as hoped. Suitable, sympathetic candidates were not easy to come by and the Rite itself required special conditions. Their numbers would forever be restricted. There are still far more Dhohanoids than there are Tagers, and this will not change until Chrysalis Corporation breeding programs and Genesis Pits can be crippled or destroyed.

Ultimately, they had to decide on their role in the world. How would they fight their war? Would they come forward to their own government? Themselves Dhohanoids, the Founders of the Eldritch Society knew the corruption and paranoia that permeated the New Earth Government. They decided that they would never fully ally themselves with a temporal secular power – after all, their duty came from a much higher order of things. The Society would stay secret, answering to their own laws and ignoring others, all for the greater good of the world. They went deep underground. With barely a whisper, the Eldritch Society began their Shadow War against the Chrysalis Corporation. The Founders, satisfied their children were now grown, ritualistically took their own lives before the pull of the Old Ones on their Dhohanoid souls compromised their noble work.

The culture of the Society is one of reverence, conviction, and secrecy. They revere the, [I]“divinities,â€[/I] that give them their power. They truly and deeply believe that they are the heirs to the Forgotten Ones’ legacy – tools to test the mortal world and drive back the advances of horrible deities. It is a sacred duty, one for which they would gladly die. At their core, Eldritch Society initiates are highly focused and deadly serious. Tagers choose new secret names when they are reborn. Similar to the callsigns of mecha jocks, these names somehow describe the essence of the new being. Bloodcry, Crimson, Slaughter, Stitch, Wight, and similar names are chosen by newborn Tagers. The Eldritch Society exists to cut out the cancer within the New Earth Government. They labour to expose the Chrysalis Corporation and eventually destroy the Children of Chaos and their Dhohanoid servants. They fight back the invisible armageddon-hastening efforts of Nyarlathotep. They wipe out Death Shadow schemes in back alleys and destroy hidden cults. So far, their efforts have met with mixed results, but they hold out hope for the future.

Tagers are treated much like the holy knights of old. They are the authority within the Eldritch Society and operate in autonomous groups. These operations teams are made up of three to six warriors and are officially called packs – the Tagers themselves have come to call them murders. Lorekeepers, sorcerers, and tacticians all labour as a support and central communications spine for the packs. In addition to prodigious archives, the Eldritch Society maintains a network of spies and informants in all walks of life. Teams also scour the world for more evidence – and tools – of the Forgotten Ones. However, it is those Tagers who have undergone a mystical metamorphosis to further merge with their symbionts that are given the most command. These creatures are terrifying, but if Tagers are divine, those who have undergone metamorphosis are more so.

Certain elements within the N.E.G.’s Global Intelligence Agency have established a back alley relationship with the Eldritch Society, though they know little about the Society’s true nature. They believe that the secret society is a force for good, waging a war against an invisible cult within the New Earth Government. They also know that monstrous shapeshifters are the primary foot-soldier of this cult. The Society is content with this arrangement and the two sometimes share information.

The Eldritch Society is finally building a presence in South Africa, in hopes that they can begin their infiltration of the Chrysalis Corporation’s headquarters. Security in Johannesburg is, needless to say, very tight. Plans go slow and many operatives have already been sacrificed.[/HIDE]

[B][U]SPECIES[/U][/B]
[HIDE]Since the end of the First Arcanotech War (2059-2065), mankind have come to share their planet with their former enemies, the Nazzadi. In spite of their alien features, the first-born Nazzadi were all cloned from human D.N.A., and so they are perfectly compatable with us as a species. Within a year, the first half-breeds were born, known as xenomixes or [I]amlati[/I] in the Nazzadi tongue. A year later, white xenomixes or [I]sidoci[/I] also began to appear, but these are so rare that most people have never set eyes on them. Below is some information on each of these. Every bonus your character gets from their race is free and does not affect your stat pool.

[B]Humans:[/B]
Still the most populous single sentient species on Earth, humanity has had a tough time of it. While physically no different from you or I, the humans alive during the Aeon War have a very different outlook on things. They’ve been unseated as the dominant species on the planet. They’ve seen a population of 8 billion reduced to 2.5 billion in only a couple of decades. They’ve seen two invading alien forces, integrated one of them, and watched as living gods rolled armies out across the Earth. They’ve created coping mechanisms that allow them to rationalise the horrors of the world around them and have been forced to acknowledge things they were not meant to know. Humans in [I]CthulhuTech[/I] are a hardy breed of people without many of the petty worries and prejudices that plagued the race in centuries past. Despite the challenges and terrors that face them, they are a stalwart race who have strangely found hope in and amongst the almost over-whelming darkness.

• Racial Abilities – +2 skill points for character design.
• Recommended Skills – by Profession.
• Attribute Modifications – +1 to any Attribute. For Tagers, it is suggested that this +1 should be added to your Tenacity rating, however this is ultimately for you to decide.

[B]Nazzadi:[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://i.imgur.com/WFdGpse.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR]
An alien race that is cousin to humankind, the Nazzadi are a species that, instead of evolving, was entirely manufactured. They were created by the Migou as a warrior race that was meant to subjugate humanity for their masters, all while keeping the Migou’s existence a secret. Unfortunately for the alien insects, when the Nazzadi were told the truth, they rebelled. They are now a fully integrated member of the New Earth Government and live side by side with humanity. While prejudice might exist in the outlying regions, Nazzadi are fully accepted in the cities of the N.E.G. and are equal partners in the government. There has yet to be a Nazzadi President, but there have been many Nazzadi cabinet members and ministers influencing society. There are about 1.8 billion Nazzadi worldwide. The look of the Nazzadi was created to meet two goals. The first was to make them appear more as an alien species than something supernatural. Not needing to reinvent the wheel, the Migou’s understanding of human anatomy moved them to create a creature based on our D.N.A. The second goal was to make them fearsome to humans. Thus, the Nazzadi have jet-black skin and hair with reflective red eyes and sharp incisors. Today in the face of true horrors, humankind no longer views Nazzadi features with fear. Having discovered the culture they believed they represented was a lie, the Nazzadi are always experimenting with new kinds of art, music, cuisine and fashions, and can be seen donning white tattoos all over their bodies. These tattoos, like those used by some Earth tribes, are deeply meaningful to the Nazzadi who wear them. These tattoos are available to humans, but to behold such a thing is usually a source of great mirth to the Nazzadi. The Nazzadi were given their own state, Nazza-Duhni (formerly Cuba). Their capital city is called Kalara Baki, which is also the world’s first completely clothing-optional city, allowing the Nazzadi and xenomixes who live there to proudly display the beautiful markings that decorate their skin.

• Racial Abilities – night-vision.
• Recommended Skills – by Profession, though most Nazzadi over twenty-five years of age have an array of personal combat skills.
• Attribute Modifications – +1 Agility.

[U][I]Night-vision[/I][/U]
The Nazzadi were designed to be effective warriors, day or night. Their night-vision allows them to see in very low light conditions, though not in complete darkness, up to 50 yards. It takes no time for their eyesight to adjust from light to darkness. This vision is black and white. In the dark, their eyes reflect direct light like a cat’s.

[U][I]Nazzadi names[/I][/U]
Without going into a full description of the Nazzadi language, here are a few guidelines that will help you create authentic names for Nazzadi characters.
• Nazzadi words do not use complex consonant sounds – [I]“th,† “ch,â€[/I] and the like – nor complex vowel combinations – [I]“oa,â€[/I] or [I]“oe,â€[/I] or [I]“oi.â€[/I]
• Nazzadi words are spelled and spoken phonetically. For example, phonetic according to Nazzadi rules would be spelled, [I]“fonetik.â€[/I]
• Whether vowels are said hard or soft is a matter of learning pronunciation and dialect. The written Nazzadi language is not concerned with it.
• Nazzadi uses hard consonants, but never at the sacrifice of flow. Nazzadi words roll off the tongue easily.
• Nouns and names in Nazzadi are gender specific. Masculine Nazzadi words end with [I]–a,[/I] feminine words with [I]–y,[/I] and neuter words with [I]–i.[/I]
• Sample male names: [I]Dova, Karana, Kyra, Timana, Vreta.[/I] This last entry is also the name of the first-born Field Marshal who spearheaded the decision to make peace with mankind and led those who agreed with him to victory over the loyalists in a six-month civil war fought in space. Kyra was the name of the loyalist leader.
• Sample female names: [I]Cevy, Dormy, Kory, Nomany, Tazy.[/I]
• Nazzadi do not have surnames. As part of the Migou armada they identified themselves by name, rank, and legion. Now they identify themselves by name, home, and profession. The adoption of family names was suggested, but many older Nazzadi didn’t want the reminder that many of their, [I]“parents,â€[/I] were Migou cloning vats on Pluto.

[U][I]Nazzadi, humans and the Earth Brotherhood Festival[/I][/U]
This two-week festival filled with parades, music, games, and parties of all kinds takes place in Kalara Baki and commemorates the anniversary of the armistice between humans and Nazzadi after the First Arcanotech War. The climax of the festival takes place on the final night, during which the revelers set light to a giant wicker insect representing the Migou in the city center.

[B]Xenomixes [i](Amlati):[/I][/B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://i.imgur.com/ciL1ECW.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR]
Racial interbreeding is natural. It’s what happens when two separate types of people meet and their cultures start to meld together. Those that choose mates of different races are often drawn to the exotic looks and ways of the other and [I]vice versa.[/I] Not surprisingly, the same goes for the intermingling of the human population with the Nazzadi. It wasn’t long after the, [I]“alien,â€[/I] race was integrated into the New Earth Government that the first xenomixed babies were born. Xenomixed children are uncommon, but not so unusual that most people haven’t met or known one. The human race has accepted them with the same aplomb as their jet-black parents, but they don’t have as easy a time of it among the Nazzadi. Unless an [I]amlati[/I] child embraces his alien heritage, he will never truly be accepted by the Nazzadi half of his family. A xenomix is pretty much what one would expect from a union of the two species. With jet-black hair, silvery-grey skin, and eye colors straying into lavenders and greys, something about them is simply exotic.

• Racial Abilities – +1 Skill Point, low-light vision. 
• Asset: Alluring (1)
• Drawback: Misfit (1)
• Attribute Modifications –choose either +1 Agility or +1 Tenacity

[I][U]Low-light vision[/U][/I]
This ability functions identically to the human version of night-vision (the Asset).

[B]White Xenomixes [i](Sidoci):[/i][/B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://i.imgur.com/0VEREUs.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR]
Something strange happened when humans started interbreeding with the Nazzadi. Every so often, a xenomixed child would be born that was completely white. Not albino. Truly white. Snow white hair, skin, even eyes. While a normal xenomix is what scientists would expect from a human/Nazzadi union, they were and still are at a loss to explain why these unusual children are born. Whites, as they are commonly called, are different from other children. There is something innately otherworldly about them, besides the way they look. They are naturally para-psychic, many times from birth. And though they seem to have a firm and grounded view of the world, they always seem to be one step removed from it. As one might expect, White xenomixes have difficulty fitting in anywhere. There are so few of them in the world, it is difficult for people to get used to them. While most people know somebody who knows one or sees one regularly, few have met one personally. Parents of Whites oftentimes have difficulty adjusting to their strange child and many are given up for adoption. What’s worse is that the New Earth Government keeps a watchful eye on White xenomixes, something most families would rather not endure.

• [U]Prerequisite:[/U] In order to play a White xenomix, you must purchase the four-point White Asset during character design.
• Racial Abilities – night-vision, oddity, Para-Psychic, strong-minded.
• Asset: Alluring (1)
• Attribute Modifications – +1 Tenacity

[I][U]Night-vision[/U][/I]
Whites inherit their Nazzadi parent’s ability to see in the dark. Their night-vision allows them to see in very low light conditions, though not in complete darkness, up to 50 yards. It takes no time for their eyesight to adjust from light to darkness. This vision is black and white.

[I][U]Para-Psychic[/U][/I]
Born with supernatural abilities, Whites gain both the Latent Para-Psychic and Erupted Para-Psychic Assets for free, at no skill point cost.

[I][U]Oddity[/U][/I]
Whites are unusual to most people. Furthermore, the New Earth Government keeps tabs on Whites because they’re still not sure what’s going to come from them. They gain the Misfit (4) and Watched (3) Drawbacks, which do not provide any additional skill points nor do they count against their starting Drawback limit.

[I][U]Strong-minded[/U][/I]
Whites have a firmer grasp on themselves and the world around them. They gain a +4 Test Bonus to all Fear and Insanity Tests.

[I][U]Xenomix age[/U][/I]
Xenomixes are a pretty new phenomenon. The first xenomixed children were conceived the first year after the First Arcanotech War ended – 2066. They were born starting later that year. This means that in a game set in 2085, the oldest a xenomix character can be is 19 years old. Whites didn’t show up until a year later – the oldest a White character can be in a game set in 2085 is 18 years old.[/HIDE]

[B][U]PROFESSIONS[/U][/B]
[HIDE]Many professions exist for characters in the [I]CthulhuTech[/I] universe. The ones listed here are appropriate for members of the Eldritch Society. Those who wish to pursue other avenues, perhaps as outside investigators or other allies within extended network, can contact me or Kain for further details.

[B]Tagers:[/B]
[U]Prerequisite:[/U] the symbiont that makes a Tager has a will of its own and a candidate must be able to master it during the Rite of Sacred Union. Tager characters must start with a Tenacity of at least seven.

Tagers are those who have undergone the Rite of Sacred Union to merge with a supernatural symbiont. This union creates a powerful, biomechanical shell from the symbiont, which will form around the host at will. It exists invisibly in extra-dimensional space and manifests only when called. Tagers are wicked mystical warriors, hiding within the currents of everyday society. The sole heir to the secrets of the Ta’ge Fragments, which hold the Rite of Sacred Union, is the Eldritch Society. A secret occult group, the Eldritch Society has their origins in Nyarlathotep’s cult. The Tagers are the Eldritch Society’s holy warriors, carrying out their crusade against the insidious Children of Chaos and their Dhohanoid servants. The type of Tager a person becomes is solely determined by the symbiont. It picks the person and not [I]vice versa.[/I] A Tager is trained to maximise the abilities of his symbiont once it has manifested, regardless of how he was trained beforehand. As part of the Eldritch Society, Tagers are a serious and focused lot. They understand the importance of their role and their special place in the universe, which breeds a conviction and fanatical reverence. Besides that, Tagers develop personality traits indicative of the type of symbiont with which they bond. Some become painfully attentive and patient while others become coldly confident and bloodthirsty. Bonding with a thing from beyond space and time is a nerve-wracking experience. Tagers tend to be a little more, [I]“out there,â€[/I] than normal people and this only increases with time. They are trained in certain mental disciplines and counselled within the Eldritch Society in order to maintain their sanity. Fortunately, most Tagers are strong-willed and able to keep a firm grip on reality on their own.

[U]Attributes:[/U] higher than average Agility recommended. Minimum Tenacity of 7 required.
[U]Suggested Skills:[/U] Athletics, Dodge, Fighting, Marksman, Occult.
[U]Required Assets:[/U] Tager (4), Tager: Exceptional (2) – if Nightmare, Vampire, Efreet or Widow, Tager: Rare (1) – if Efreet or Widow.
[U]Required Drawbacks:[/U] Duty (3), Fanatical (2-3).
[U]Special Gear:[/U] a sidearm (such as a UT-7 Hornet, CS-40 Defender, or CS-44 Enforcer) with related permit, and a symbiont to which the character is bonded.

[U]Sample Attributes[/U]
Human/Nazzadi
Agility 7/7
Intellect 5/5
Perception 6/6
Presence 5/5
Strength 6/6
Tenacity 7/7

[U]Sample Skills[/U]
Athletics: Novice
Computers: Student
Criminal: Student
Dodge: Adept
Fighting: Adept
Intimidate: Student
Languages (English): Expert
Law Enforcement: Student
Literacy: Novice
Marksman: Novice
Observation: Novice
Occult: Novice
Regional Knowledge: Novice
Research: Student (Novice if human)
Security: Student
Trivia: Student (if human)

[b]Lorekeepers:[/b]
There are few who understand the secrets of the universe like the Lorekeepers of the Eldritch Society. They have access to archives the likes of which most occult scholars only dream. Lost and forbidden lore are their daily bread and they are the sole keepers of the sought-after Ta’ge Fragments. Lorekeepers are the specialised scholars of the Eldritch Society. They maintain the vast secret libraries of the society, take reports from Tager packs, and train potential Tagers. It is believed that the mental and educational preparation that Lorekeepers teach helps potentials survive the Rite of Sacred Union. They are also keepers of certain meditative techniques many believe have their roots in 
the mysterious Ta’ge Fragments. In addition to their duties as educators of potential Tagers and support for Tager packs, Lorekeepers are responsible for their diaries. Lorekeepers all over the world keep records of the activities and findings of those packs under their aegis, keeping a record of the Shadow War and compiling important information and uncovered secrets for the entire Lorekeeper network to utilise. Some practice sorcery, almost universally unregistered, but most stick to being fountains of important knowledge.

[U]Attributes:[/U] higher than average Intellect and Perception recommended.
[U]Suggested Skills:[/U] Education, History, Languages, Occult, Research.
[U]Suggested Assets:[/U] Eidetic Memory (3).
[U]Required Drawbacks:[/U] Duty (3).
[U]Special Gear:[/U] a small basic personal occult reference library and a good portable computer.

[U]Sample Attributes[/U]
Human/Nazzadi
Agility 5/6 
Intellect 8/8 
Perception 6/6 
Presence 5/5 
Strength 5/5 
Tenacity 7/6 

[U]Sample Skills[/U]
Appraisal: Student 
Computer: Student 
Education: Adept 
History: Student 
Languages (Arabic): Novice 
Languages (Per Race): Per Race 
Languages (Latin): Novice 
Languages (R’lyehan): Novice (if human) 
Languages (Tsath-yo): Novice 
Literacy: Adept 
Occult: Adept 
Parapsychology: Student
Research: Novice 
Trivia: Student

[B]Operators:[/B]
Regardless of what some packs might think, the Eldritch Society would not function without the Operator network. Operators are those gifted individuals who, at the drop of a hat, have information for the packs under their accountability and who coordinate the actions of the packs once they’ve decided on their courses of action. Operators typically sit in special rooms designed by the Eldritch Society. Their communications and computer networks are heavily encrypted and there are Operators whose sole job it is to make sure that their illegal activities and computer use are not traced. They sit at an information hub, with access to high-level computing power, extensive databases, and many forms of lightning-fast communications. From there, they serve whatever needs a pack has while they are in the field, from requests for reinforcement to researching important information to simply passing on status updates to the powers that be. There are also those Operators who go out into the field with their Tager packs. These adventurous souls carry high-tech portable computers, altered reality rigs that project 3-D renders of computer readouts for their usage, and communications devices. They believe that the best way to understand the information and communications needs of the pack is to roll with them. Considering the kind of danger packs end up in on a regular basis, they must be brave people indeed.

[U]Attributes:[/U] higher than average Intellect and Perception recommended.
[U]Suggested Skills:[/U] Computer, Education, History, Observation, Occult, Research.
[U]Recommended Assets:[/U] Egghead, Gifted Multi-Tasker.
[U]Required Drawbacks:[/U] Duty (3).
[U]Special Gear:[/U] a good portable computer and an excellent peek (a type of small communication device that ranges in type and style from hand-held mobile telephones to wrist-comms and even pendants).

[U]Sample Attributes[/U]
Human/Nazzadi
Agility 5/6 
Intellect 8/8
Perception 8/7
Presence 5/5 
Strength 5/5 
Tenacity 5/5
Sample Skills:
Appraisal: Student 
Computer: Adept 
Communications: Novice
Education: Novice
Larceny: Novice
Research: Adept

[B]Society Para-Psychics:[/B]
There are those gifted with the intuitive ability to manipulate cosmic power, and they are no less immune to the predations of the Children of Chaos. Some have been double-crossed by the Chrysalis Corporation, hunted by the Circle, or had loved ones killed by Dhohanoid agents. Some are those who were once part of the Chrysalis Corporation, but who erupted during the Rite of Transfiguration and emerged with a new view of the cult. It is from these unfortunate people that the Eldritch Society most often gains para-psychic operatives, happy to utilise their unique talents in the Shadow War. On the other hand, some para-psychics are simply recruited by the Eldritch Society because of their abilities. The Society needs people like this, so they are not shy about seducing those who might be headed into a darker world. Sometimes the Society also recruits from that darker world, taking in renegade para-psychics from within the arcane underground. Being a para-psychic within the Eldritch Society has its benefits. If one wishes to remain unregistered, the Society does not demand it. In fact, they prefer their para-psychics not to register and will provide false identities to help keep them undiscovered. The Society also offers other protection, including the ability for a para-psychic to safely and comfortably disappear when necessary and the sheer muscle of packs of Tagers to help keep a para-psychic from harm.

[U]Attributes:[/U] higher than average Intellect and Tenacity recommended.
[U]Suggested Skills:[/U] Observation, Para-Psychic Powers.
[U]Required Assets:[/U] Erupted Para-Psychic, Latent Para-Psychic.
[U]Required Drawbacks:[/U] Duty (3), Misfit (3, or 4 if dangerous or invasive powers, if registered), Watched (3, if registered).
[U]Special Gear:[/U] a handgun and related permit.

[U]Sample Attributes[/U]
Human/Nazzadi
Agility 5/6 
Intellect 7/7 
Perception 6/5
Presence 5/5 
Strength 5/5 
Tenacity 8/8
Sample Skills (Kinetic):
Athletics: Novice
Criminal: Novice
Dodge: Adept
Hobby: Student 
Marksman: Novice
Misdirect: Novice
Occult: Novice (Adept, if human)
Parapsychology: Student (Novice, if human)
Pyrokinesis: Student 
Streetwise: Novice

[U]Sample Para-Psychic Powers:[/U] Pyrokinesis
[U]Insanity Points:[/U] 1

[B]Society Sorcerers:[/B]
As with para-psychics, there are those sorcerers who have run afoul of the Chrysalis Corporation. Some may have had bad dealings, others may have been too close and gotten burned, while there are those who may have worked for the company and fled once they discovered what was truly going on behind the scenes. Regardless, the Eldritch Society is a haven for these sorcerers, giving them someplace to which to run. The Eldritch Society is also the perfect destination for those sorcerers who have become tainted, but are not inherently dark or willing to live in the dark corners of the world. Sometimes those who play with cosmic forces find themselves no longer entirely mortal, and those kinds of people have no place in society. Those who wish to do some kind of good in the world have a home in the Society. Being a sorcerer within the Eldritch Society has its benefits. The first is the significant protection the Society offers. There are Tagers to watch one’s back and a secret infrastructure to keep one hidden from the authorities. The Society also does not demand that a sorcerer register – in fact they prefer those who do not – and they are willing to share illegal rituals with sorcerers for use in the Shadow War.

[U]Attributes:[/U] higher than average Intellect and Tenacity recommended.
[U]Suggested Skills:[/U] Education, History, Languages, Occult, Research.
[U]Recommended Drawbacks:[/U] Outsider Tainted.
[U]Required Drawbacks:[/U] Duty (3), Watched (3, if a registered sorcerer). 
[U]Special Gear:[/U] a handgun with related permit, a small basic occult reference library, and a good portable computer.

[U]Sample Attributes[/U]
Human/Nazzadi
Agility 5/6 
Intellect 7/7
Perception 6/5 
Presence 5/5 
Strength 5/5 
Tenacity 8/8
Sample Skills:
Computer: Student 
Dodge: Novice
Education: Novice 
Hobby: Student 
Languages (Arabic): Novice 
Languages (Latin): Novice 
Languages (R’lyehan): Novice (if human)
Languages (Tsath-yo): Novice 
Marksman: Student
Research: Novice 
Trivia: Student[/HIDE]

[B][U]RULES ON TAGERS[/U][/B]
[HIDE]There are a few abilities, drawbacks, and rules common to all types of Tagers. Here are four major sections:

[U]Attributes[/U]
Tager symbionts increase the Attributes of their hosts. Within each Tager listing there are two sets of bonuses. Listed first are those that apply to the Tager’s natural, non-shifted mortal form and second are those that apply to the Tager’s shifted, alien form. The second group of bonuses already takes the first into account, so don’t add them again. These bonuses may increase a character’s Attributes above the normal starting limit of 11 and that’s okay. Remember to calculate a separate set of Secondary Attributes for the Tager in his shifted form.

• Tagers can shift instantly between their two forms. This ability cannot be constrained by restraints or physical objects. The symbiont will mysticallydestroy any such obstacles in order to manifest.

• Tagers have micro-hooks on their hands and feet, which allow them to cling to and crawl on sheer surfaces like an insect.

• Tagers can perform super-human leaps and jump double normal distances.

• Tagers are considered sealed against gas or biological attacks and can produce their own air for short periods of time. This internal air supply lasts for two hours. They have full mystical life-support and can even withstand the depths of the ocean or the vacuum of space.

• Characters receive a +4 bonus to Fear Tests when shifted into Tager form.

• Tagers, regardless of form, have the ability to detect Dhohanoids (and other Tagers) in their mortal guise. By spending one minute carefully observing a person, and succeeding at a Challenging Observation Test, a Tager can figure out whether or not he’s watching a monster.

• For a description of Tager senses, refer to the matching mecha sensor systems as found in the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book.[/I] They function the same.

• Tagers within one mile of each other, when shifted, are mind-linked. This link allows shifted Tagers to soundlessly communicate through a form of limited telepathy, as well as know what other Tagers are nearby and alive. This does not allow Tagers to know precisely where each other is, how far they are away from each other, or if they are hurt. It only senses whether they are nearby and alive or dead.

[U]Combat[/U]
• Tagers use their Fighting skill instead of their Armed Fighting skill when wielding their natural non-projectile weaponry, such as blades or claws, as these weapons are an extension of their body.

• Tagers regenerate Vitality, even in their natural mortal form. The number listed first represents the amount of Vitality they regenerate every in-game hour in their natural form and the second number listed is the amount of Vitality they regenerate each turn in their shifted form.

• Each Tager has what is called a Limit Weapon, which is very powerful. Limit Weapons can only be used once every 24 hours in-game. To activate the attack the Tager must first succeed at a Hard Tenacity Feat Test. Using a Limit Weapon requires all of a Tager’s Actions for the turn and can be the only Action that turn.

• If for some reason the mortal inside the symbiont is knocked unconscious while the Tager is shifted, the creature will take over. It runs on instinct, attacks any threat in sight, and will not stop until its environment is safe. Assume that the symbiont has an Adept level of expertise for its skills, including Athletics, Fighting, Dodge, Observation, and Stealth. It continues to use the overall Vitality of the mortal inside but suffers no Test Penalties for Wound Level. It will cease when the host recovers.

• The hands of a shifted Tager are too large to use conventional weaponry. However, the Eldrith Society has modified some types of weapons, including assault rifles and man-portable anti-mech weaponry, with larger grips, triggers, and trigger guards for Tager use. The availability of these special weapons is up to the discretion of the storyteller.

[U]Drawbacks[/U]
• Tager characters begin with one Insanity Point. The Rite of Sacred Union, while beneficial to both parties involved, quickly changes the host’s worldview in a frightening way.

• Tagers have access to only half of their Orgone for performing magic, as the symbiont requires the rest as sustenance. Nightmare Tagers are the exception; they only have access to none of their Orgone.

• Tagers must succeed at a Challenging Insanity Test every in-game month. Failure adds another Insanity Point to their total.[/HIDE]

[B][U]THE TEN MANIFESTATIONS OF TAGER[/U][/B]
[HIDE]Among Tagers, about 80% are common manifestations, such as the Mirage or the Phantom. About 17% are specialised manifestations, such as the Echo, the Shadow, the Spectre, or the Whisper; around 2% are exceptional symbionts, such as the Nightmare or the Vampire; and finally about 1% are rare symbionts, such as the Efreet or the Widow. In a city of four million people, approximately 0.08% of the population is a Tager, or up to 3200 of them. Of those, about 2560 are Mirages or Phantoms – about 1280 of each, if evenly split. Continuing on, about 544 of these Tagers is a specialised manifestation – about 136 each of Echoes, Shadows, Spectres, and Vampires, if evenly split. Of the remaining, about 64 are Nightmares or Vampires and about 32 are Efreets or Widows.

[B]Nightmare: [i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][URL="http://i.imgur.com/MVkE5Oo.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/I]
[U]Type:[/U] Heavy Weapons Tager
[U]Note:[/U] requires the Tager and Tager: Exceptional Assets.

Looking down at you with its mass of uneven eyes, the Nightmare bristles like the machine of death that it is. If your feet weren’t frozen in place, you’d run anywhere to get away from it. It has a dozen ways to kill you, but it can’t seem to decide how. The Nightmare lives up to its name. Uncommon and enormous, it stands more than a head taller than most other Tagers and strikes commensurately more fear. Despite its bulk, it is just as fast as other Tagers, though it hits much harder. While it’s as heavily armoured as the Phantom, what makes a Nightmare more deadly is its accelerated rate of regeneration. It might heal from almost dead to deadly in less than five minutes. Combined with its significant strength, the claws of a Nightmare make it lethal up close. But it is best known for its deadly Shoulder Pods. These ejaculate crimson force-balls at targets within a 180° arc of the Tager’s front, punching into them like the rounds of a large machine-gun. They track and fire together like the eyes of some horrible beast and together they manifest the terrible Mystic Blast. The Pods condense energy into three triangular floating gravity points, finally firing a trigger blast through the center and releasing all the energy at once. It cuts an eight-foot tall, five-foot wide swathe of destruction in a straight line for 400 yards, happily punching through walls and other solid objects. The Nightmare is a dangerous and bloodthirsty symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop a certain menace and predatory ease, combined with a cold temper and murderous streak.

[U]Size:[/U] Medium (8 to 9 ft. tall)

[U]Attribute Modifications[/U]
Agility -/+2
Perception -/+3
Strength +2/+6
Tenacity +2/+4

[U]Weapons[/U]
Talons (+2) – these vicious claws tip the Tager’s fingers.
Shoulder Pods – range 25/60/170, damage +3, shots 1, infinite rounds.
Tentacle Sheathe (+1) – this tentacle sheath may be used to entangle foes.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Mystic Blast – range 30/75/200, damage +6; this blast is a five-foot wide swathe of eldritch destruction. It damages any-thing in its path, in a straight line. This attack does Hybrid Damage, meaning it can break past armour and strike the organic material within. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Armour:[/U] 2/2
[U]Regeneration:[/U] 1/1 die
[U]Fear Factor:[/U] 16
[U]Senses:[/U] night-vision, scan.
[U]Movement& Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (double), land (normal).

[B]Phantom: [i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][URL="http://i.imgur.com/pTQI5bS.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Multi-Purpose Battle Tager

The Phantom is one of the two most common Tagers, along with the Mirage. They are heavily armed, tough, and equipped with one of the most terrifying Limit Weapons of all the symbionts. The weapons of a Phantom make it deadly all around. A magical electrical blast that generates out of the Tager’s forehead, the Arcane Blast fires the equivalent of a heavy round with deadly accuracy. The Phantom’s exceptional strength combined with the sharp blades that extend out of its forearms make it a vicious killer up close. Not even aerial targets are safe, as its awful Howl brings fliers to the ground – and knocks other opponents off their feet. Groups of Phantoms sometimes Howl, an unnatural and almost unholy sound, as a battle cry that echoes into the night. However, it’s the Limit Weapon of the Phantom that is most feared, and not coincidentally coveted by many other Tagers. A mass of black tentacles burst out of its chest, flaying the flesh off those unlucky enough to get in the way. Before they return, the symbiont chooses one of these victims as its meal. It drags the screaming victim back into the dimensional cavity from which it came and swallows him whole. This is a little intimidating and it’s also an ingenious way to hide dead bodies. The Phantom’s armor and ability to regenerate are both significant, so it can take a beating and still handle itself. It is a balanced organism, useful in just about any situation. Phantoms are sleek and aggressive symbionts. Those who are bound with one develop an attunement with their body and a confident awareness, combined with a sense of freedom and a certain bloodlust.

[U]Size:[/U] Medium (6 to 7 ft. tall)

Agility +1/+3
Perception -/+2
Strength +1/+3
Tenacity +1/+3

[U]Weapons[/U]
Arcane Blast– range 30/75/200, damage +2, shots 3, infinite rounds.
Blades (+2)– these blades often extend from the forearms of the Tager.
Howl (+0)– range of 20 ft. Target must succeed at a Challenging Strength Feat Test or be knocked to the ground.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Tentacle Sheathe (+3) – a mass of tentacles bursts out of the Phantom’s chest, covering a 30 ft. cone in front of him. Everything caught within the tentacles is attacked, at no Multiple Action Penalty. One of the targets, randomly selected, must also succeed at a Challenging Strength Test or the symbiont will drag him back and eat him. This takes one full turn and results in the death of the victim. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Regeneration:[/U] 1/3
[U]Fear Factor:[/U] 12
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (double), land (normal).

[B]Shadow: [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][URL="http://i.imgur.com/G7ujGXI.jpg"][i]Illustration.[/URL][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Stealth Combat Tager

Something that can’t be seen, the Shadow is the thing that moves in the corner of one’s eye. Spy, ninja, ghost – it has been called all of these and none of them is incorrect, for the Shadow has the mystical ability to disappear at will. As long as it’s alive, it can disappear from sight and sound in an instant. Not only is it invisible and inaudible, it leaves no heat signature either, making it capable of open action even in an arcology. Most of the time the Shadow’s first strike is from surprise. Its tools as an assassin are manifold. The needles growing on its chin can be fired as poisoned darts. This organic poison is a powerful, short-term paralytic, meant to disable a target just long enough for the Shadow to gain advantage. Once it is up close, thorns sprout out of almost every striking surface, making it capable of tearing chunks out of vulnerable flesh. Its ability to Multiport strikes a target from up to six different sides nearly simultaneously. However, the Shadow is lightly armored and stand up fights can leave it badly hurt. The Shadow is a deadly and careful symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop great patience and cool temper, combined with a controlled nature and a callous attitude towards killing.

[U]Special:[/U] Paralytic Poison – the needles fired by the Shadow are coated with an organic, paralytic poison. This poison requires that the needle do at least one point of Vitality damage to be administered. Anyone affected by the poison must succeed at a Hard Tenacity Feat Test to resist. If this Test is failed, the victim loses 2 Actions per turn for one to ten in-game minutes (roll one die), which can effectively reduce a character’s Actions to zero. Only one Test needs to be made per turn struck by the Shadow’s needles and the effect of the needles is not cumulative. A target may again be affected on the turn following his recovery from the last dose.

[U]Special:[/U] Stealth – the Shadow projects a mystical stealth field, which functions like a mecha stealth system except that all Degrees to spot it are increased one category. In addition to rapid, erratic movement, touching anything living (of dog-size or larger) will force the stealth to drop. This ability drains the Orgone of the Tager, at a rate of one point for every in-game half hour invisible. The ability of a Shadow to use its stealth is not affected by this drain. A Shadow may even use this ability when its Orgone has been drained to zero, but Orgone will not regenerate while it is engaged.

Agility +1/+3
Perception +1/+3
Strength -/+2
Tenacity +1/+3

[U]Weapons[/U]
Thorns (+1) – these thorns grow out of the hands, forearms, shoulders, lower legs, and feet.
Needle Pods – range 25/60/170, damage +1 (+ poison), shots 2, infinite rounds.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Multiport – this attack can target anything within a range of twice the Shadow’s average jumping distance. By rapidly teleporting around his target, the Shadow can take double his normal Actions – though no movement – with no Multiple Action Penalty, for one single turn. These attacks occur simultaneously. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Armour:[/U] 1/1
[U]Regeneration:[/U] 1/2
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (triple), land (normal).

[B]Whisper: [i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][URL="http://i.imgur.com/p3n8vs4.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Reconnaissance Tager

Whispers have senses and speed of which other Tagers only dream. Simply put, they see everything – even through walls – and they move twice as fast as other Tagers. As if that wasn’t enough, they have a set of foldable wings (a strange fusion of bat and insect) upon which they flit about even faster, using a second set of small arms to carry things as they fly. A Whisper’s weapons are designed for harry and retreat. The whips that extend from its forearms can be used to entangle, disarm, or drag an opponent from the air. Gossamer Bombs, plasmic balls that drop out its chest, burst with a blinding flash of light, stunning and blinding those for thirty feet around. Combined with its speed, a Whisper can create an effective distraction. Moreover, its Razor Wing limit weapon is a perfect exit strategy, carving its way through any obstacles for a speedy getaway. The Whisper is a delicate but feisty symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop great patience and a cool temper, along with a dogged determination and an amazing eye for detail. They are often voyeurs.

Agility +1/+4
Perception +2/+4
Strength -/+1
Tenacity -/+2

[U]Weapons[/U]
Whips (+1) – these whips most often extend from the forearms of the Tager and can be used to entangle opponents.
Gossamer Bombs (Blinding) – these radiant balls are dropped from the air. Wherever they land, they burst in a blinding light and everything with 15-foot radius must succeed at a Challenging Tenacity Feat Test or lose its next two Actions, which can reduce a character’s Actions to zero for the turn. Only one Gossamer Bomb can be fired each turn, but each Whisper has an unlimited supply.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Razor Wing (+4) – the Tager’s speed and armour doubles for the turn of this flying charge attack. This attack still requires the use of the Fighting Skill and can be used to attack as many targets as are in a reasonably straight line, up to the Tager’s maximum movement for that turn. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Regeneration:[/U] 1/1
[U]Senses:[/U] broadband audio, long-range, night-vision, scan, sonar, thermal, X-ray.
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (triple), flight (triple), jumping (double), land (double).

[B]Echo: [i][URL="http://i.imgur.com/uYOqbc0.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Amphibious Combat Tager

The Echo is the only truly amphibious Tager that has manifested so far. Whatever the alien symbiont is, it manifests as an otherworldly sea predator, combining what can only be described as eel- and shark-like traits with a humanoid. They are deadly fast underwater, growing a serpentine tail to help propel them. Though fully capable of handling itself on land, the Echo is most dangerous under the waves. It discharges mystical energy that travels effortlessly through the water, burning foes with a green electricity. The only Tager to truly have what can be called a mouth, the Echo sports a vicious maw with rows of terrible, serrated teeth. Its body and extending jaws are designed to snap and savage with this mouth, putting even the most feared of sharks to shame. When retreat is necessary, the Echo sprays out a cloud of black oily ink that’s dark as night. However, it’s when the Tager smells fresh blood that death is in the post. An Echo can smell blood at less than one part-per-million in either air or water. The blood brings out the primal predator in the Tager and it Frenzies. Moving with lightning speed, it tears up anything that has the misfortune of being in its way. Echoes are aggressive and primal symbionts. Those who are bound with one find themselves drawn to deep water, that they are heavily influenced by scents, and develop both an ecstatic love of instinct and an obsession for chewing on hard or tough foods. Many enjoy jawbreakers and find they can crack them with ease.

[U]Special:[/U] Amphibious – while all Tagers are mystically sealed and can survive even the massive pressure found in the depths of the ocean, the Echo goes one step further. It has, [I]“gills,â€[/I] that allow it to breathe in any kind of liquid that contains oxygen. It also does not suffer Test Penalties for acting underwater. Echoes get the Acute Sense of Smell & Taste Asset for free.

Agility +1/+3
Perception -/+2
Strength +1/+3
Tenacity +1/+3

[U]Weapons[/U]
Fathom Beam – range 30/75/200 (amphibious), damage +2, shots 3, infinite rounds.
Bite (+2) – the Tager’s mouth opens wide to bite down on foes and tear out chunks of flesh with its sharp teeth.
Ink Cloud  – range 5 yd. radius, damage n/a, shots 1, 10 rounds per in-game day. Obscuring. Each time the Echo uses its Ink Cloud, it completely obscures sight in a five-yard radius around the Tager for one to five in-game minutes (half a die). This ability may only be used underwater; one round regenerates every in-game half hour.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Frenzy (Special) – once an Echo has smelled fresh blood, it may Frenzy for the next one to ten turns (one die). The Tager’s speed is doubled for the duration and it may take up to three Actions each turn at no Multiple Action Penalty, but each of these Actions must be used to attack (or move into position to attack). The Tager’s Bite damage is increased to +3 for this duration as well. If underwater, the froth the Echo generates during its Frenzy partially obscures sight in a three-yard radius around it. The Tager may come out of its Frenzy at will, but while it Frenzies it must continue to attack.

[U]Senses:[/U] acute sense of smell & taste, night-vision, scan, sonar, thermal
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (double), land (normal), swimming (nine times normal).

[B]Mirage: [i][URL="http://i.imgur.com/JcNIV2D.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Multi-Purpose Battle Tager

Like the Phantom, the Mirage is one of the most common Tagers. It trades some of its brother’s capacity for bloodshed for those of illusion and deception, but is still nonetheless deadly. It can generate blasts of solid light from the mystical field around its body, punching through targets with the force of a large calibre round. Razor-tipped tentacles sprout from its shoulder-blades, lashing out to tear chunks out of those who get too close. But what makes it most dangerous is the fact that the Mirage is rarely where it appears to be. A mystical displacement field makes the Tager appear as if it were a few feet away from where it really is, making it very difficult to strike. The Limit Weapon of the Mirage can save the day of any pack. It generates a group of illusory duplicates that act independently. The Mirage itself is displaced within the group, therefore concealing its presence within. The copies can help conceal the numbers of a pack, making it seem as if there are more than there are, and they can be used as cover when a pack needs to escape. Mirages are precise and cautious symbionts. Those who are bound with one develop precise bodily control and a confident awareness, combined with a more guarded personality and a 
desire to blend into the back-ground.

[U]Special:[/U] Displacement – the Mirage projects a mystical displacement field around itself, making it appear as if it were a few feet away from where it really is. This provides a number of benefits, including adding one extra die to all of the Tager’s defense rolls. It also cannot be surprise attacked while this field is engaged – the attacks are invariably aimed at the illusory simulacrum. The real position of the Mirage is almost impossible to detect – use the rules for Stealth Systems in the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book[/I] when attempting to locate a Mirage’s real position, but increase the Degrees one category. Seeing the real Tager negates the benefits of Displacement as long as an observer is capable of tracking it. Its Displacement ability drains the Orgone of the Tager, at a rate of one point for every in-game half hour the Tager spends with its field engaged. The ability of the Mirage to use Displacement is not affected by this drain – it only affects the Tager’s ability to use or assist with magic. A Mirage may even use this ability when its Orgone has been drained to zero, but will not regenerate Orgone while it is engaged.

Agility +1/+4
Perception -/+2
Strength +1/+2
Tenacity +1/+3

[U]Weapons[/U]
Photon Blast – range 30/75/200, damage +2, shots 3, infinite rounds.
Tentacle Lash (+2) – these razor-tipped tentacles grow from the shoulder-blades of the Tager and can be retracted. They are lashing weapons and cannot be used to entangle, though they can be used as rudimentary hands. While not capable of fine manipulation, they can hold or push things (but cannot wield weapons). These tentacles give the Tager an extra Action each turn that can only be spent to attack with them – this can bring a Mirage’s total Actions to four. The usual Multiple Action Penalties apply.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Multiplicity (n/a) – this deceptive ploy generates 6 to 10 (5 + half a die) illusory copies of the Tager. The moment these duplicates are created the real Mirage mystically and randomly changes places with one of them to conceal his presence in the group. The copies either independently engage any apparent enemies or they follow the lead of the Tager, and last for one to five minutes (half a die). The copies cannot cause harm nor can they be harmed – it doesn’t take most foes long to realize they are fighting an illusion. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (double), land (normal).

[B]Spectre: [i][URL="http://i.imgur.com/I0Rpjl0.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Black Ops. Tager

The stench of the grave. You run. Somewhere in the mists behind you, death comes. You bolt inside and lock the door. You frantically push the couch against it. You hope the thing takes time to pound its way through while you look for another way out. But the fog fills the room. It walks through the barricade as if it wasn’t there and you can feel the cold closing in. The Spectre goes places other Tagers can’t. It has the mystical ability to pass through solid objects as if they were air. The Spectre’s relationship with death does not end with its ghostly similarities. It’s touch is mystically cold, leaving trails of frost. Those who’ve survived attacks often lose limbs as frostbite claims them. Spectres can also exude a putrid mist that withers all living things exposed to it. They call it the Gravewind, as it stinks of rot and decay. It helps obscure the Tager, and Spectres are often only seen as the shadowy form hiding in an ever-flowing fog. But it also can dispense death in an instant. While normally a Spectre cannot materialise within an object or the Tager will be destroyed, its Phasing Limit Attack is the exception. The Tager reaches into a living victim and becomes substantial again. Internal organs, flesh, bone, and blood are destroyed as they are violently displaced by the materialising mass. The Spectre is a resolved and aloof symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop a precise nature with an unyielding determination combined with an emotional distance. They often have difficulty forming bonds with those who are not of a supernatural nature.

[U]Special:[/U] Insubstantial – the Spectre can mystically pass through solid objects, literally walking through walls, trees, cars, even people. It cannot pass through things that are moving more than casually – for example, it can’t let bullets pass through it. It also cannot rematerialise within an object or the Tager will be destroyed – with one exception (its Limit Attack). Only places that have been mystically protected against Outsiders block a Spectre. Spectres only become insubstantial at the moment they are phasing through an object and are solid at every other time. This ability drains the Orgone of the Tager. Each point of Orgone allows the Spectre to pass through any number of solid objects at will for one minute. When the Tager is out of Orgone, it can no longer pass through solid objects.

[U]Special:[/U] Gravewind – the Gravewind is a fetid cloud of withering gas, harming all living things within – even those protected by environmental suits. Each turn, generate a Test Result using the Tager’s Tenacity Feat skill and use it in all Contests to determine damage. Those within defend using their Tenacity Feat skill. Each time the Spectre uses Gravewind, it partially obscures sight in a five-yard radius around the Tager. If a Spectre uses Gravewind two turns in the same area, sight becomes completely obscured. This ability does affect Outsiders (including other Tagers), but not other Spectres.

Agility +1/+3
Perception +1/+3
Strength +1/+3
Tenacity -/+2

[U]Weapons[/U]
Chilled Touch (+1) – the Spectre’s touch is supernaturally freezing. It leaves frost on whatever it touches. The Tager can consciously dampen this effect. 
Gravewind – range 5 yd. radius, damage +1, shots 1, infinite rounds. obscuring.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Phasing (+6) – the Spectre phases into a single living target and materialises, violently displacing the thing’s flesh and bone. The Tager then rips itself out of the victim, tearing out further chunks of internal organs as it does. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Regeneration:[/U] 1/2
[U]Senses:[/U] night-vision, scan, thermal.
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (triple), land (normal).

[B]Vampire: [i][URL="http://i.imgur.com/BZockOR.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Aerial Heavy Combat Tager
[U]Note:[/U] requires the Tager and Tager: Exceptional Assets.

Somewhere overhead, you hear it. Something pounds at the air. A hideous black thing slides across the stars. Giant, membranous wings carry it through the air, beating like those of some mythical fiend. There’s something about it that lets you know it’s only toying with you. The Vampire is in many ways the aerial counterpart to the Nightmare. Like its land-bound brethren, it stands more than a head taller than most other Tagers and is likewise more frightening. It also regenerates at an absurd rate, healing from death’s door to your doorstep in only a few minutes. And just plain overall, its physical gifts are better than most other Tagers. But unlike the Nightmare, massive bat-like wings sprout from the Vampire’s back. Nearly thirty feet from tip to tip, these wings are capable of carrying it high through the sky. They are death from above.Everything about a Vampire screams pain. Its Exsanguinating Touch literally causes blood to boil, bursting out of the body of its victim. Those who have been tortured by Vampires typically bear terrible scarring from ruined capillaries and veins rupturing through their skin. The size of pencils but twice as thick, the stingers they fire are covered in inch-long barbs. But their most cruel and terrorising weapon is the Bloodbath. Dropped from the air, the Bloodbath is a mystical energy-bomb that causes internal hemorrhaging to those caught within its blast. Victims cough and vomit blood, while it streams from every orifice or bodily seam – eyes, ears, nose, genitals, anus, and even fingernails. It is a terrible sight to behold. The Vampire is a sadistic and deadly symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop a need to inflict pain and an unholy thirst for blood combined with the patience of a predator and an arrogance borne of birds of prey.

Agility +1/+4
Perception +1/+4
Strength +1/+3
Tenacity +1/+4

[U]Weapons[/U]
Exsanguinating Touch (+2) – The Vampire’s touch causes blood to boil. These mystical energies also cause decay (and therefore damage) in inanimate objects.
Barbs – range 25/50/150, damage +3, shots 1, infinite rounds.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Bloodbath (+6) – this cancerous, crimson force-bomb is dropped from the air. It bursts where it lands, throwing needle-like shards twenty feet in all directions. Living things caught within internally hemorrhage – they bleed from their noses, eyes, and ears and cough up blood. In addition to the damage, anything still alive suffers double the normal Test Penalties from their wounds for the turn they are hit and the next. This attack does not damage non-living things, but it does bypass non-mystical armour (including powered armour or mecha) and does Hybrid Damage to living things (including Outsiders and other Tagers). This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Senses:[/U] broadband audio, night-vision, scan, thermal.
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), flight (double), jumping (double), land (normal).

[B]Efreet: [i][URL="http://i.imgur.com/r9TJw4E.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Rare Combat Tager
[U]Note:[/U] requires the Tager, Tager: Exceptional, and Tager: Rare Assets, as well as a Presence of 7 or more.

It burns. Char marks follow it wherever it goes. Cracks in its skin reveal glowing embers of pure otherworldly fire. Waves of visual distortion float off of it from the intense heat. Little can stop its onslaught of unadulterated force and flame. It is a being whose name is derived from (or possibly the inspiration for) the infernal Ifrits from middle-eastern mythology. Those that find themselves the target for the righteous fury of an Efreet have but one choice – to pray. One of the rarest and most powerful Tagers known to the Eldritch Society, the Efreet is a powerhouse of searing pain. Its skin is so hot that anything touching it is scarred. Its mace-like fists beat down walls and it can shoot flame from its mouth like a dragon breathes fire. However, it is the thing’s Limit Attack that is most feared, as it calls down a mystical meteor strike that smashes and burns anything within a 400 square foot area. The Efreet is a proud and righteous symbiont. Those who are bound with one begin to feel unstoppable and, while they recognize and appreciate the assets of those around them, they believe themselves to be one step above. They also develop a burning hatred for the forces of the Old Ones and Nyarlathotep and find their moral conviction becoming as pure as fire.

[U]Special:[/U] Firestarter – the skin of an Efreet burns with heat and the seams in its, [I]“skin,â€[/I] and joints glow with fire. While it can consciously dampen these effects, the Efreet still leaves char marks anywhere it walks or on anything it touches that is not resistant to heat and flame. It lights things on fire with a mere touch, if its firestarting abilities are left at full effect. Anything that physically strikes an Efreet takes one die of damage, which can be reduced by armour. However, its radiance makes it difficult to conceal – Efreets suffer a –6 Penalty to Stealth Tests in their shifted form. These effects are not dampened by water – in fact, the boiling water around it creates a three-yard radius cloud of partially obscuring bubbles. The Efreet is immune to any kind of fire, including plasma blasts.

Agility -/+2
Perception -/+1
Strength +3/+9
Tenacity +2/+4

[U]Weapons:[/U]
Dragonbreath – range 10/25/50, damage +4, shots 1, infinite rounds. This attack ignites combustible materials.
Spiked Fists (+2) – the hot and mace-like fists of an Efreet sear anything.
Demonic Uppercut (+4) – the Efreet may only use this attack every other turn. This attack uses two of the Tager’s Actions that turn, with the accompanying Multiple Action Penalties.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Meteor Strike – range 30/60/100, damage +6; this attack calls down a mystical shower of super-heated rocks, attacking all things in a 400 square foot area. Generate only one attack roll for the Combat Contest, against which all potential targets must defend. This attack does Hybrid Damage. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Senses:[/U] night-vision, scan, thermal.
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double), jumping (quadruple), land (normal).

[B]Widow: [i][URL="http://i.imgur.com/BknVe0J.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B]
[U]Type:[/U] Rare Combat Tager
[U]Note:[/U] requires the Tager, Tager: Exceptional and Tager: Rare Assets.

Black, shiny, terrifying. These are the most obvious traits of a Widow. One of the rarest of all the Ta’ge symbionts, it is even more difficult than usual for the outside observer to consider that this hideous thing is in fact one of the good guys. Named for its arachnid-like similarities, the Widow is the Tager sent when the Eldritch Society wants to take someone or something alive. However, sometimes the Widow has different ideas. The Widow mimics its namesake in many ways. It spins webs to capture even the strongest of prey. It can grow four extra legs at will, skittering along and over surfaces at accelerated speeds. Five-inch long fangs drip a disorienting poison, putting its enemies off-balance. And when it gets the urge, it can put all its advantages to work, cocooning a victim and holding him fast. The Widow can then play with him at its leisure – or it can reduce his insides to jelly with just one bite. Widows are scary and monstrous symbionts. Those who are bound with one often develop an affection for dark and concealing places, a patient nature with the cold-blooded distance of a spider, and a perverse pleasure in the grotesque.

[U]Special:[/U] Spinnerets – a Widow naturally generates an infinite supply of thin sticky webbing. It is incredibly strong, capable of supporting up to a half a ton on a single strand. Rumors claim that Widows can support up to five tons with enough time, effort, and webbing. In addition to being quite sticky, these webs are also caustic. The organic fluids inside the spinnerets make them so, but this substance lasts only for a few seconds before rendered inert – they quickly become nothing but webs. The Widow can fire the webs on the fly or create webs to entangle the unwary. When using the webs for entangling Contests, the Widow uses the strength of the webbing over its own. Treat the webs as if they had a Strength of 10 with five dice to roll for its Strength Feat Test. Webs naturally last for a few days before decaying. A Widow does not stick to its own webs or the webs of other Widows.

[U]Special:[/U] Poisonous – the fangs of a Widow can introduce a disorienting toxin into the body of a victim. This poison requires that a bite do at least one point of Vitality damage to be administered. Anyone affected by the poison must succeed at a Hard Tenacity Feat Test to resist. If this Test is failed, the victim suffers a –3 Test Penalty to all Actions for one to ten minutes (roll one die). Only one Test needs to be made per turn affected by the Widow’s poison and the disorienting affect is not cumulative. A target may again be affected on the turn following his recovery from the last dose.

[U]Special:[/U] Extra Legs – the Widow can sprout an additional set of legs at will, as a free Action. This doubles its climbing speed and triples its land speed.

Agility +2/+4
Perception +1/+3
Strength -/+2
Tenacity +1/+2

[U]Weapons[/U]
Spinnerets – range 10/25/50, damage +1, shots 2, infinite rounds, entangling. These webs only do damage on the turn they are fired and do no further damage if used to entangle.
Fangs (+2) – these piercing fangs grow out of the Widow’s face.

[U]Limit Weapon[/U]
Cocoon (+6 or 2) – the Widow bursts into a flurry, leaping back and forth and spinning a victim into a shell of webbing. The Tager can choose to use this attack to simply incapacitate or can choose to inject an organic acid that begins to liquefy the victim’s insides. If the Widow chooses to incapacitate, the victim still takes two dice of damage (no extra for success), as the webs are caustic, and is trapped for one to ten in-game minutes (roll one die). Creatures with Strengths over ten will free themselves faster – subtract one minute for each point of Strength over ten, with a minimum of one minute. If the Widow chooses to prey, its victim suffers the trapping effects of the cocoon, but instead deals six dice plus those for success. This attack uses the normal range for the Widow’s spinnerets. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

[U]Senses:[/U] acute sense of smell & taste, broadband audio, night-vision, scan, thermal.
[U]Movement & Speed:[/U] climbing (double or triple), jumping (triple), land (normal or triple).[/HIDE]

[B][U]APPLICATION SHEET -- Tagers.[/U][/B]
[HIDE]Name:
Pack Name:
Allegiance: Eldritch Society
Profession:
Race:
Virtue(s): for a full list, contact the storyteller.
Flaw(s): for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Physical Appearance: although I encourage a written description, a picture is not objectionable provided it is as true to what is in your mind as possible. How your character looks is a hefty part of crafting an effective image in your mind.

ATTRIBUTES

Barring bonuses, you have 35 points to spread between these, with 1 being poor and 10 being peak.

Agility: physical dexterity and grace.
Intellect: education and intelligence.
Perception: awareness and sense acuity.
Presence: charm, beauty and force of personality.
Strength: physical night.
Tenacity: endurance and willpower.

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: average of Agility + Perception. The amount this comes to will be compared to a table by the storyteller to determine how many conscious Actions you can make during a turn without incurring Penalties.
Movement: average of Agility + Strength. The amount this comes to will be compared to a table by the storyteller to determin how fast your character can move.
Reflex: average of Agility + Intellect + Perception.
Vitality: 5 + average of Strength and Tenacity. This is your health bar.
Orgone: 5 + average of Intellect + Tenacity, halved. Reduced to 0 if the Tager: Exceptional Asset is in place.
Drama Points: 10

Skills: Barring bonsues, you have 20 points to purchase Skills; a specialisation in a Skill costs half a point. Each skill costs the desired level of experise’s die rating. For a full list of skills, contact the storyteller.
• Student (1 die)
• Novice (2 dice)
• Adept (3 dice)
• Expert (4 dice)
• Master (5 dice)

All characters receive the following skills for free:
• Languages (English or Nazzadi): Expert (or both at Novice for younger Nazzadi)
• Literacy: Novice
• Regional Knowledge: Novice

Combat Skills:

Assets: you may spend Skill points on Assets. For a full list, contact the storyteller.

Drawbacks: adding Drawbacks allows you to regain extra Skill points. You may acquire up to 10 points this way. For a full list, contact the storyteller.

On top of all these points, when you create your character you have 6 Cheat points which allow you to increase your abilities in a number of ways. Below is a list of things you can modify using Cheat points and how many of them it will cost.

• Increase an Attribute 1 point: 3 Cheat points. Make sure your Secondary Attributes fit to the changes you make this way.
• Get 2 more points for Skills: 1 Cheat point.
• Increase Orgone by 2: 1 Cheat point.
• Increase Vitality by 1: 1 Cheat point.
• Start with a legal First Order Protection or Scrying Spell: 1 Cheat point.
• Start with an illegal First Order Protection or Scrying Spell: 2 Cheat points.
• Start with a legal First Order Enchantment or Transmogrification Spell: 2 Cheat points.
• Start with an illegal First Order Enchantment, Summoning, or Transmogrification Spell: 4 Cheat points.

Gear (Carried): for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Weapons: for a full list, contact the storyteller.

TAGER STATS

Manifestation:
Regeneration:
Fear Factor:
Agility:
Perception:
Strength:
Tenacity:
Actions:
Movement:
Reflex:
Vitality:
Armour:

Special Abilities:

Insanity Points: 1
Disorders:

Background:

Theme Songs: if applicable.[/HIDE]

[B][U]APPLICATION SHEET -- Lorekeepers, Operators, Para-Psychics, Sorcerers and Others.[/U][/B]
[HIDE]Name:
Pack Name:
Profession:
Race:
Virtue(s): for a full list, contact the storyteller.
Flaw(s): for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Physical Appearance: although I encourage a written description, a picture is not objectionable provided it is as true to what is in your mind as possible. How your character looks is a hefty part of crafting an effective image in your mind.

ATTRIBUTES

Barring bonuses, you have 35 points to spread between these, with 1 being poor and 10 being peak.

Agility: physical dexterity and grace.
Intellect: education and intelligence.
Perception: awareness and sense acuity.
Presence: charm, beauty and force of personality.
Strength: physical night.
Tenacity: endurance and willpower.

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: average of Agility + Perception. The amount this comes to will be compared to a table by the storyteller to determine how many conscious Actions you can make during a turn without incurring Penalties.
Movement: average of Agility + Strength. The amount this comes to will be compared to a table by the storyteller to determin how fast your character can move.
Reflex: average of Agility + Intellect + Perception.
Vitality: 5 + average of Strength and Tenacity. This is your health bar.
Orgone: 5 + average of Intellect + Tenacity.

Skills: Barring bonsues, you have 20 points to purchase Skills; a specialisation in a Skill costs half a point. Each skill costs the desired level of experise’s die rating. For a full list of skills, contact the storyteller.
• Student (1 die)
• Novice (2 dice)
• Adept (3 dice)
• Expert (4 dice)
• Master (5 dice)

All characters receive the following skills for free:
• Languages (English or Nazzadi): Expert (or both at Novice for younger Nazzadi)
• Literacy: Novice

Combat Skills:

Assets: you may spend Skill points on Assets. For a full list, contact the storyteller.

Drawbacks: adding Drawbacks allows you to regain extra Skill points. You may acquire up to 10 points this way. For a full list, contact the storyteller.

On top of all these points, when you create your character you have 6 Cheat points which allow you to increase your abilities in a number of ways. Below is a list of things you can modify using Cheat points and how many of them it will cost.

• Increase an Attribute 1 point: 3 Cheat points. Make sure your Secondary Attributes fit to the changes you make this way.
• Get 2 more points for Skills: 1 Cheat point.
• Increase Orgone by 2: 1 Cheat point.
• Increase Vitality by 1: 1 Cheat point.
• Start with a legal First Order Protection or Scrying Spell: 1 Cheat point.
• Start with an illegal First Order Protection or Scrying Spell: 2 Cheat points.
• Start with a legal First Order Enchantment or Transmogrification Spell: 2 Cheat points.
• Start with an illegal First Order Enchantment, Summoning, or Transmogrification Spell: 4 Cheat points.

Gear (Carried): for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Weapons: for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Insanity Points: 
Disorders:

Background:

Theme Songs: if applicable.[/HIDE]

[B][U]EXPERIENCE POINTS[/U][/B]
[HIDE]• Further ref. on page 81 of the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book[/I].

• To increase an Attribute of 4 or higher by 1, costs a number of Experience equal to the Attribute’s current rating x 5.

• To increase an Attribute of 3 or lower by 1, costs a number of Experience equal to the Attribute’s current rating x 10.

•To learn a new Skill, the character must seek teaching from someone with a Presence of 7 and an Adept-level at the Skill in question. A Challenging (Hard for Professional Skills) Extended Test and is required, in which 5 successes must be rolled. After this has been completed, it costs 5 Experience to learn the Skill at Student-level. A Skill may only be increased, by 1 level, every other session.

[I][U]Amendment: due to the nature of forum games, sessions do not occur. Therefore to increase a Skill level, please contact the storyteller for details on how to go about it.[/U][/I]

o To develop from Student to Novice-level is 10 Experience.
o To develop from Novice to Adept-level is 20 Experience.
o To develop from Adept to Expert-level is 20 Experience.
o To develop from Expert to Master-level is 30 Experience.

• To acquire or improve a Specialisation, the Skill to which it is attached must not have been modified for the session, and may only be done every other session.
o To develop a Focus in the Skill costs 15 Experience.
o To develop from Focussed to Specialised costs 20 Experience.

• Orgone can be increased at any time up to double the character’s current maximum. To increase Orgone by 1 point costs a number of Experience equal to their current score.

• To learn a new spell, the character meets the required Intellect, Tenacity, Occult and study requirements, and succeeds at an Insanity Test if called for, new spells can be bought.
o First Order Protection or Scrying Spells cost 10 Experience. First Order Enchantment, Summoning or Transmogrification Spells cost 15 Experience.
o Second Order Protection or Scrying Spells cost 20 Experience. Second Order Enchantment, Summoning or Transmogrification Spells cost 30 Experience.
o Third Order Protection or Scrying Spells cost 30 Experience. Third Order Enchantment, Summoning or Transmogrification Spells cost 50 Experience.

• To remove a Drawback or attain an Asset costs the following:
o Worth 1 point either way costs 5 Experience.
o Worth 2 points either way costs 15 Experience.
o Worth 3 points either way costs 35 Experience.
o Worth 4 points either way costs 55 Experience.

• Odd or left over Experience can be used to buy temporary Drama Points (i.e. ones that do not regenerate like standard ones). Only a maximum of 10 extra points can be added to the pool, and the cost for 2 temporary points is 1 Experience.[/HIDE]

[B][U]TESTS AND CONTESTS[/U][/B]
[HIDE]• Further ref. on page 51 of the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book.[/I]

• Decide Degree and Difficulty:
o Easy: 8
o Average: 12
o Challenging: 16
o Hard: 22
o Incredibly Hard: 28
o Legendary: 34

• Roll character’s skill level in dice. Add the results to character’s appropriate attribute base. Higher total than difficulty rating is a success. Lower total is a failure.
o Beat a test by 10 or more for a critical success.
o Half of total dice (rounded up) coming up 1s is a critical failure.

• Tests that do not call on specific skills use Feats: roll dice equal to half the appropriate attribute and add to attribute base as normal. Insanity Tests used against new monsters require a Tenacity Feat.

• Extended Tests (tests that would take hours or days) to complete require a number of identical Tests equal to the number of the Degree. Critical success counts towards two of these successes.

• Further test modifiers on page 53-57 of the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book.[/I]

[U]DETERMINING A SUCCESSFUL ROLE:[/U]

There are three ways that you can get a high result:
• You can take the highest single roll. For example, if you roll a 7, a 4, and a 3, you’d take the 7.

• You can take the highest set of multiples and add them all together. For example, if you’d rolled a 6 and two 4’s, you could take and add the two 4’s together for a result of 8, instead of just the 6.

• If you get to roll three or more dice, you can take the largest straight and add those dice together. A straight is three or more numbers in consecutive order. For example, if you rolled a 9, 4, 5, 6, you could add the last three together for a result of 15 instead of just the 9.

[U]ROLLING A CONTEST BETWEEN TWO CHARACTERS:[/U]

• Instead of Difficulty, roll characters’ appropriate skills against one another. Highest result wins.

• Certain conditions can give one character an advantage, but there are no penalties.
o Slight: +1
o Reasonable: +2
o Considerable: +4
o Outrageous: +8

• Taking more than that character’s permitted normal Actions as a conscious reaction results in a -2 penalty to that turn’s rolls per Action.

• Spend a Drama Point to increase either your own dice pool, an ally’s dice pool, or rob another character of theirs. Rate is 1 die per point spent. Initiative, Armour Rolls and Damage cannot be affected, only Test results. Reducing a character’s available skills to 0 this way leaves only their attribute base.[/HIDE]

[B][U]COMBAT[/U][/B]
[HIDE]• Further ref. on page 118-121 of the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book.[/I]
o Close-quarters unarmed combat is defined by the Fighting skill.
o Close-quarters armed combat is defined by the Armed Fighting and Thrown Weapons skills.
o Fire-fight is defined by the Marksman and Support Weapons skills.

• Roll 1 die and add the result to a character’s Reflex score to determine turn initiative. Tied initiatives are not rolled off, but occur at the same time.

• Character’s player defines actions; maximum is 3, those who wish to take more actions than is stated in their character sheet suffer a -2 penalty to Tests per each for the duration of the turn.

• Unlike other Tests or Contests, the Strength Attribute as stated in the profile does not serve as a base. Rather, it allows for additional dice to be rolled, based on the following table.
o Strength 1-3: -1 die.
o Strength 4-7: 0 dice.
o Strength 8-9: +1 die.
o Strength 10-11: +2 dice.
o Strength 12-13: +3 dice.
o Strength 14-15: +4 dice.
The number of dice in correlation to the Strength Attribute in combat continues to increase in this manner accordingly.

• Opponents in battle choose their attack method and defence method.
o Fighting attack – Armed Fighting, Fighting or Dodge defence.
o Armed Fighting attack – Armed Fighting, Fighting (if equipped with natural weapons) or Dodge defence.
o All other attacks – Dodge defence.

• If using a firearm, range modifies the user’s attacking skill Test.
o Short Range: +2.
o Mid Range: 0.
o Long Range: -2.
o Extreme Range: -6.

• If the attacker wins the contest, damage is dealt to the opponent. 5 points difference over the opponent’s defence equals 1 die of damage. Weapons used do only a fixed amount of extra damage. Attacking in close quarters or with bare hands also affects damage. The result of the winning attack is reduced from the attacked character’s Vitality rating. Armour automatically reduces damage, depending on whether it is trauma or projectile-based.
o Strength 1-3: -1.
o Strength 4-7: 0.
o Strength 8-9: +1.
o Strength 10-11: +2.
o Strength 12-13: +3.
o Strength 14-15: +4.

• Using up actions to better prepare with diligence for the next turn offers bonuses. +2 to Tests if one turn is used to do so, maximum +4 to Tests if two are used.

• Each character has six Wound Levels. The 2nd-6th match their Vitality rating, with, “Unhurt,†referring to the state in which no damage at all has been incurred. Details on page 126 of the [I]CthulhuTech Core Book.[/I]
o Unhurt: 0 points of damage.
o Flesh Wounds: 1st level of damage. Bruises and minor lacerations. No Test penalties.
o Light Wounds: 2nd level of damage. Deep cuts, sprained muscles, etc. -1 to Tests.
o Moderate Wounds: 3rd level of damage. Burns, broken or fractured bones, etc. -3 to Tests. Maximum of 2 normal actions per turn and half usual movement, regeneration and armour scores.
o Serious Wounds: 4th level of damage. Severely broken bones, bleeding profusely, etc. -6 to Tests. Only capable of crawling and can only perform one, basic normal action per turn. Regeneration score is cut in half and armour is annulled.
o Death’s Door: 5th level of damage. Unconscious, liable to bleed to death or slip into a coma. No actions. Regeneration score is reduced to a quarter, and armour is annulled. The character will require immediate care in order to stabilise their health, or risks dying.
o Dead.[/HIDE]

Last edited:
Lurker
Name: Damian Krane
Pack Name: Torch
Profession: Tager
Race: Human
Virtue(s): Courageous, Self-Confident
Flaw(s): Arrogant, Impatient

Physical Appearance:
Snow_.png

ATTRIBUTES:
Agility: 4
Intellect: 4
Perception: 3
Presence: 8
Strength: 11
Tenacity: 11

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES:
Actions: 1 normal
Movement: 8 (15 m.p.h. – 37/9 y.p.t.)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 17
Orgone: 13

Skills:
Languages (English): Expert
Fighting: Expert
Intimidate: Adept
Athletics: Master
Observation: Adept
Occult: Novice
Law Enforcement: Student
Marksman: Expert
Persuade: Adept

Assets:
Tager (4)
Tager: Exceptional (2)
Tager: Rare (1)
Fearless (2)
Driven (2)
Shrewd (2)

Drawbacks:
Duty (3)
Fanatical (2)
Big Ego (1)

Gear (Carried):
Tager Symbiont
CS-40 Defender
Personal Central Processing Unit (Watch)
Wireless Communication Earpiece
Motorcycle
P.A. Weapons Permit

Weapons:
Dragonbreath – range 10/25/50, damage +4, shots 1, infinite rounds. This attack ignites combustible materials.
Spiked Fists (+2) – the hot and mace-like fists of an Efreet sear anything.
Demonic Uppercut (+4) – the Efreet may only use this attack every other turn. This attack uses two of the Tager’s Actions that turn, with the accompanying Multiple Action Penalties.

Limit Weapon
Meteor Strike – range 30/60/100, damage +6; this attack calls down a mystical shower of super-heated rocks, attacking all things in a 400 square foot area. Generate only one attack roll for the Combat Contest, against which all potential targets must defend. This attack does Hybrid Damage. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

Tager Stats:

Manifestation: Efreet
Regeneration: 1/1 die
Fear Factor: 16
Agility: 6
Perception: 4
Strength: 17
Tenacity: 13
Actions: 1 normal
Movement: 12 (23 mph – 57/13 ypt)
Reflex: 7
Vitality: 20
Armour: 2/2

Special Abilities:
• +4 to Fear Tests when shifted.
• Micro-hooks.
• Night-vision, scan, thermal.
• Firestarter – the skin of an Efreet burns with heat and the seams in its, “skin,†and joints glow with fire. While it can consciously dampen these effects, the Efreet still leaves char marks anywhere it walks or on anything it touches that is not resistant to heat and flame. It lights things on fire with a mere touch, if its firestarting abilities are left at full effect. Anything that physically strikes an Efreet takes one die of damage, which can be reduced by armour. However, its radiance makes it difficult to conceal – Efreets suffer a –6 Penalty to Stealth Tests in their shifted form. These effects are not dampened by water – in fact, the boiling water around it creates a three-yard radius cloud of partially obscuring bubbles. The Efreet is immune to any kind of fire, including plasma blasts.

Disorders:

Background:
At one point in his life Damian was just another guy just trying to get by in the always competitive world of sports, choosing to try his hand at pretty much anything that he could. It wasn't long before his attitude,talents and the fact that he seemed to be everywhere began winning over more and more fans, something that Chrysalis Corp took notice of. In him they saw quite boost to their public image that would win over more followers and soon approached him with an endorsement deal for a new line of athletic gear. Being unaware of the darker side of Chrysalis Damian was more than willing to take that opportunity, from his point of view only an idiot would turn down that type of deal. With him firmly in their grasp all that was left to do was transfigure him, and ensure that he would permanently be in their pocket. What they hadn't quite counted on was the fact that they werent the only ones that had noticed him, the Eldritch Society had also taken notice of this promising young man, and were quite aware of the potential he could bring to either side of the Shadow War. Before Chrysalis could make this "deal" of theirs permanent the Society struck at them with their Tager operatives, forcing them to reveal their own true forms in the process. From Damian's perspective it was hard to tell just who the good guys were here considering both were exceptionally frightening in practically every way and it took some convincing on the Society's part to convince him which ones were the real monsters, and which were at least human underneath. With his eyes opened to the truth behind Chrysalis an getting a glimpse of this Shadow War he was given a new opportunity, a chance to join the society, and join in the fight against these inhuman abominations, an chance he chose to accept.

Theme Song:
Skies on fire by AC/DC

Last edited:
This is the exact kind of stuff that I've been looking for! I'll write up a bio and shiz when I have free time over this week, but definitely expect me!

I'm slowly working on something as well. Trying to nail down the character concept at the moment.

Take your time, guys. Remember, if you need help with attributes, skills, items and assets, or even just some ideas for your character, grab me or Kain. Instant messengers like Skype would be your best option for doing this, if I'm honest, as with e-mail you could be waiting around for ages for these very hefty and detailed lists. I had hoped I could use the fan-wiki for this game to provide lists, but unlike the New World of Darkness page, the CthulhuTech one is badly in need of filling out.

Last edited:
Made some quick edits to the Professions section. The original book classes Assets and Drawbacks both under Qualities, but I think it would be better for them to be considered separate, given that one requires you to dip into your points pool while the other restores points. I have also added a note in the Manifestations section, taken from CthulhuTech: Ancient Enemies, on the global population of the different manifestations, which I hope will reinforce my desire to not be grounded solely in Efreets, Nightmares, Widows and Vampires. The more commonplace manifestations each have their own incredible powers and skills to appreciate, and can be as equally cool to play as. Finally, I should point out that non-Tager players will not be subjected to the constant torment of their new partner’s mental influence. If Tagers fail their in-game monthly checks, their grip on their sanity will slip. It is only under special conditions that the other character classes will suffer this way. Even Para-Psychics, though the experience of erupting can be difficult, come out with their minds healthier than most Tagers. That is a big part of the beauty of this game, there are trade-offs for every decision you make during character creation.

Last edited:
(Hope this is right. I figure more would be revealed in the story about Leo's past.)

*******************-------------------------

Name: Leo “Grey†Paine
Pack Name: Feast
Profession: Tager
Race: Human
Virtue(s): Sober, Imaginative, Patient
Flaw(s): Cruel, Insecure

Physical Appearance:
Odin2.jpg

ATTRIBUTES

Agility: 8
Intellect: 4
Perception: 6
Presence: 5
Strength: 8
Tenacity: 10

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 2 Normal
Movement: 8 - 15mph (37/9 ypt)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 14
Orgone: 16

Skills:

• Languages (English): Expert
• Literacy: Adept
• Occult: Novice
• Athletics: Adept
• Criminal: Adept
• Fighting: Adept, Specialization: Tager
• Stealth: Adept
• Marksmen: Adept , Specialization: Tager

Assets:
Tager (4)
Tager: Exceptional (2)
Eidetic Memory (3)
High Pain Threshold (3)

Drawbacks:
Duty (3)
Fanatical (2)
Damaged (2)

Gear (Carried):
Tager Symbiont
CS-40 Defender
Personal Central Processing Unit (Watch)
Wireless Communication Earpiece
P.A. Weapons Permit
Swiss Army Knife w/Laser Pointer
Motorcycle

Weapons:
Exsanguinating Touch (+2) – The Vampire’s touch causes blood to boil. These mystical energies also cause decay (and therefore damage) in inanimate objects.
Barbs – range 25/50/150, damage +3, shots 1, infinite rounds.

Limit Weapon
Bloodbath (+6) – this cancerous, crimson force-bomb is dropped from the air. It bursts where it lands, throwing needle-like shards twenty feet in all directions. Living things caught within internally hemorrhage – they bleed from their noses, eyes, and ears and cough up blood. In addition to the damage, anything still alive suffers double the normal Test Penalties from their wounds for the turn they are hit and the next. This attack does not damage non-living things, but it does bypass non-mystical armour (including powered armour or mecha) and does Hybrid Damage to living things (including Outsiders and other Tagers). This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

TAGER STATS

Manifestation: Vampire
Regeneration: 1/1 die
Fear Factor: 16
Agility: 11
Perception: 9
Strength: 10
Tenacity: 13
Actions: 3 Normal
Movement: 10 – 19 mph (47/11 ypt)
Reflex: 8
Vitality: 16
Armour: 2/2

Special Abilities:
• +4 to Fear Tests when shifted.
• Micro-hooks.
Senses: broadband audio, night-vision, scan, thermal
Movement & Speed: climbing (double), flight (double), jumping (double), land (normal)

Disorders:

Background: Leo Paine was a seemingly normal guy without a steady job, but a surprisingly steady income. Chrysalis Corp attempted to trail Leo, only to be given the slip. Seeing as not many could be lost by their secretly inhuman trackers, Chrysalis Corp upped their hunt for the elusive man. Confronting him in the dead of night, Chrysalis Corp trackers attacked with the intent to bring him back and permanently “give†his skills to them. Though the Eldrich Society, a bit better informed for once, was also searching for the 'Phantom Thief'. Though Leo proved an able fighter that night, he also lost his unstable mental barrier at the sight of a trackers electro-whip and collapsed from several strikes. Though 'claimed' by the Eldrich Society in the aftermath, Leo was no more. The man who awoke several days later would only answr to the name “Greyâ€.

Theme Songs: Hell by Disturbed

All right. Looks good to me so far, Tigerhawk, I'd like you to forward me the details of his past in a private message for the sake of the story.