[CASTING CALLS] Cthulhutech: Who Wants to Live Forever?

Lurker
It is the year 2085. The discovery of arcanotechnology, the blending of science and magic, has brought about a new, glorious age for mankind. Harmful fuels that once polluted the environment are a thing of the past, the militaries and industries of Earth have been revolutionized by the creation of powered armor and robotic mounts, anti-gravity engines have made flying vehicles reality, the moon and Mars are now host to functioning colonies, and under the leadership of the New Earth Government, all mankind (more or less) live together in peace and enlightenment.

Then came the First Arcanotech War. Watching from their home on the icy planet of Yuggoth, known to us as Pluto, the alien Migou felt that the new ascendency of humanity would threaten their place in the cosmos. After stealing samples of our arcanotechnology in order to pervert it to their own, twisted designs, the Migou created a clone race to enslave and destroy us, the Nazzadi. The war lasted for seven long and arduous years, until a Nazzadi Field Marshal named Vreta decided that enough was enough. Tired of fighting against beings closer to them than their masters ever could be, Vreta led his people to turn against the Migou, and now the Nazzadi live in harmony with humans under the Schaumberg Treaty. The Migou, despaired and outraged that they would have to get involved themselves, arrived in orbit of our planet in 2074, eight years after the end of the conflict, in a humungous hive-ship, from which they planned to fight against all who opposed them. Contact with the colonies was lost and aerospace travel became strained, if not impossible. Humans and Nazzadi alike faced a horrible new menace. The Second Arcanotech War had begun, otherwise known as the Aeon War.

And we are smack dab in the middle of it.

The Migou are coming at us full force now, with a veritable swarm of horrific biomecha just ready to beat us into submission. As horrific as they are though, we are far from helpless against them. We have large war machines of our own. Originally developed during the first Arcanotech war they have become a mainstay of the NEG army, from the NEG developed Sword series to the Nazzadi mecha that were later integrated into our forces. They are the weapons that we will be fighting back with, not simple guns and body armor.

Whatever you heard about the war back home, whatever you think is happening out here, whatever stories you've heard forget them now, the truth is too ugly to hide. Things are rough out there and getting rougher, were outnumbered and every day the enemy just gets bolder. On the other hand don't think for a second were done for. Our enemy is numerous but nowhere near invincible. Watch your ass and keep your wits about you and we can make it through this.

-Squad Leader Myron Forsythe to the team.

The Squad (To be named upon starting)
Will Kross/played by Kain
Kyra/played by Scotty Rave
James Caesar/ played by LawWind

Note: We need at least four on the squad with a max of six members.
NPCs:
Myron Forsythe

Soundtrack:
Coming soon

Dice rolling in a forum atmosphere takes a certain level of trust between the storyteller and the players. Take into account that if you indulge in lying about the results of your rolls, you will not look like some kind of expert, you will be labelled the King or Queen of Sheer Dumb Luck and, in all likelihood, make the game less enjoyable. An extremely lucky roll is nice every now and again, in fact it can even be a bit of a laugh, but there can exist no fulfillment without challenge. Oftentimes, overcoming adversity together yields a greater kind of satisfaction. To facilitate using 10-sided polyhedral dice, you may use your own, or an online roller. I, in particular, favor this one. To post the results of a roll, use
or
Code:
 tags, so it is clearly separated from your in-game text.

For specific questions relating to rules, stats, assets, drawbacks, skills, the world of [I]CthulhuTech[/I] or anything else important, or if you simply want to look at a copy of the relevant .pdf files, feel free to contact me or Scotty Rave. If you wish to buy copies of the books in this series in hard or .pdf format, [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/"]Drive-Thru R.P.G.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR] has the whole series available at very reasonable prices.

[B][U]SPECIES[/U][/B]
[HIDE]Since the end of the First Arcanotech War (2059-2065), mankind have come to share their planet with their former enemies, the Nazzadi. In spite of their alien features, the first-born Nazzadi were all cloned from human D.N.A., and so they are perfectly compatable with us as a species. Within a year, the first half-breeds were born, known as xenomixes or [I]amlati[/I] in the Nazzadi tongue. A year later, white xenomixes or [I]sidoci[/I] also began to appear, but these are so rare that most people have never set eyes on them. Below is some information on each of these. Every bonus your character gets from their race is free and does not affect your stat pool.

[B]Humans:[/B]
Still the most populous single sentient species on Earth, humanity has had a tough time of it. While physically no different from you or I, the humans alive during the Aeon War have a very different outlook on things. They’ve been unseated as the dominant species on the planet. They’ve seen a population of 8 billion reduced to 2.5 billion in only a couple of decades. They’ve seen two invading alien forces, integrated one of them, and watched as living gods rolled armies out across the Earth. They’ve created coping mechanisms that allow them to rationalise the horrors of the world around them and have been forced to acknowledge things they were not meant to know. Humans in [I]CthulhuTech[/I] are a hardy breed of people without many of the petty worries and prejudices that plagued the race in centuries past. Despite the challenges and terrors that face them, they are a stalwart race who have strangely found hope in and amongst the almost over-whelming darkness.

• Racial Abilities – +2 skill points for character design.
• Recommended Skills – by Profession.
• Attribute Modifications – +1 to any Attribute. 

[B]Nazzadi:[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://i.imgur.com/WFdGpse.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR]
An alien race that is cousin to humankind, the Nazzadi are a species that, instead of evolving, was entirely manufactured. They were created by the Migou as a warrior race that was meant to subjugate humanity for their masters, all while keeping the Migou’s existence a secret. Unfortunately for the alien insects, when the Nazzadi were told the truth, they rebelled. They are now a fully integrated member of the New Earth Government and live side by side with humanity. While prejudice might exist in the outlying regions, Nazzadi are fully accepted in the cities of the N.E.G. and are equal partners in the government. There has yet to be a Nazzadi President, but there have been many Nazzadi cabinet members and ministers influencing society. There are about 1.8 billion Nazzadi worldwide. The look of the Nazzadi was created to meet two goals. The first was to make them appear more as an alien species than something supernatural. Not needing to reinvent the wheel, the Migou’s understanding of human anatomy moved them to create a creature based on our D.N.A. The second goal was to make them fearsome to humans. Thus, the Nazzadi have jet-black skin and hair with reflective red eyes and sharp incisors. Today in the face of true horrors, humankind no longer views Nazzadi features with fear. Having discovered the culture they believed they represented was a lie, the Nazzadi are always experimenting with new kinds of art, music, cuisine and fashions, and can be seen donning white tattoos all over their bodies. These tattoos, like those used by some Earth tribes, are deeply meaningful to the Nazzadi who wear them. These tattoos are available to humans, but to behold such a thing is usually a source of great mirth to the Nazzadi. The Nazzadi were given their own state, Nazza-Duhni (formerly Cuba). Their capital city is called Kalara Baki, which is also the world’s first completely clothing-optional city, allowing the Nazzadi and xenomixes who live there to proudly display the beautiful markings that decorate their skin.

• Racial Abilities – night-vision.
• Recommended Skills – by Profession, though most Nazzadi over twenty-five years of age have an array of personal combat skills.
• Attribute Modifications – +1 Agility.

[U][I]Night-vision[/I][/U]
The Nazzadi were designed to be effective warriors, day or night. Their night-vision allows them to see in very low light conditions, though not in complete darkness, up to 50 yards. It takes no time for their eyesight to adjust from light to darkness. This vision is black and white. In the dark, their eyes reflect direct light like a cat’s.

[U][I]Nazzadi names[/I][/U]
Without going into a full description of the Nazzadi language, here are a few guidelines that will help you create authentic names for Nazzadi characters.
• Nazzadi words do not use complex consonant sounds – [I]“th,† “ch,â€[/I] and the like – nor complex vowel combinations – [I]“oa,â€[/I] or [I]“oe,â€[/I] or [I]“oi.â€[/I]
• Nazzadi words are spelled and spoken phonetically. For example, phonetic according to Nazzadi rules would be spelled, [I]“fonetik.â€[/I]
• Whether vowels are said hard or soft is a matter of learning pronunciation and dialect. The written Nazzadi language is not concerned with it.
• Nazzadi uses hard consonants, but never at the sacrifice of flow. Nazzadi words roll off the tongue easily.
• Nouns and names in Nazzadi are gender specific. Masculine Nazzadi words end with [I]–a,[/I] feminine words with [I]–y,[/I] and neuter words with [I]–i.[/I]
• Sample male names: [I]Dova, Karana, Kyra, Timana, Vreta.[/I] This last entry is also the name of the first-born Field Marshal who spearheaded the decision to make peace with mankind and led those who agreed with him to victory over the loyalists in a six-month civil war fought in space. Kyra was the name of the loyalist leader.
• Sample female names: [I]Cevy, Dormy, Kory, Nomany, Tazy.[/I]
• Nazzadi do not have surnames. As part of the Migou armada they identified themselves by name, rank, and legion. Now they identify themselves by name, home, and profession. The adoption of family names was suggested, but many older Nazzadi didn’t want the reminder that many of their, [I]“parents,â€[/I] were Migou cloning vats on Pluto.

[U][I]Nazzadi, humans and the Earth Brotherhood Festival[/I][/U]
This two-week festival filled with parades, music, games, and parties of all kinds takes place in Kalara Baki and commemorates the anniversary of the armistice between humans and Nazzadi after the First Arcanotech War. The climax of the festival takes place on the final night, during which the revelers set light to a giant wicker insect representing the Migou in the city center.

[B]Xenomixes [i](Amlati):[/I][/B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://i.imgur.com/ciL1ECW.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR]
Racial interbreeding is natural. It’s what happens when two separate types of people meet and their cultures start to meld together. Those that choose mates of different races are often drawn to the exotic looks and ways of the other and [I]vice versa.[/I] Not surprisingly, the same goes for the intermingling of the human population with the Nazzadi. It wasn’t long after the, [I]“alien,â€[/I] race was integrated into the New Earth Government that the first xenomixed babies were born. Xenomixed children are uncommon, but not so unusual that most people haven’t met or known one. The human race has accepted them with the same aplomb as their jet-black parents, but they don’t have as easy a time of it among the Nazzadi. Unless an [I]amlati[/I] child embraces his alien heritage, he will never truly be accepted by the Nazzadi half of his family. A xenomix is pretty much what one would expect from a union of the two species. With jet-black hair, silvery-grey skin, and eye colors straying into lavenders and greys, something about them is simply exotic.

• Racial Abilities – +1 Skill Point, low-light vision. 
• Asset: Alluring (1)
• Drawback: Misfit (1)
• Attribute Modifications –choose either +1 Agility or +1 Tenacity

[I][U]Low-light vision[/U][/I]
This ability functions identically to the human version of night-vision (the Asset).

[B]White Xenomixes [i](Sidoci):[/i][/B] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][URL="http://i.imgur.com/0VEREUs.jpg"]Illustration.[/URL][/I][/B][/COLOR]
Something strange happened when humans started interbreeding with the Nazzadi. Every so often, a xenomixed child would be born that was completely white. Not albino. Truly white. Snow white hair, skin, even eyes. While a normal xenomix is what scientists would expect from a human/Nazzadi union, they were and still are at a loss to explain why these unusual children are born. Whites, as they are commonly called, are different from other children. There is something innately otherworldly about them, besides the way they look. They are naturally para-psychic, many times from birth. And though they seem to have a firm and grounded view of the world, they always seem to be one step removed from it. As one might expect, White xenomixes have difficulty fitting in anywhere. There are so few of them in the world, it is difficult for people to get used to them. While most people know somebody who knows one or sees one regularly, few have met one personally. Parents of Whites oftentimes have difficulty adjusting to their strange child and many are given up for adoption. What’s worse is that the New Earth Government keeps a watchful eye on White xenomixes, something most families would rather not endure.

• [U]Prerequisite:[/U] In order to play a White xenomix, you must purchase the four-point White Asset during character design.
• Racial Abilities – night-vision, oddity, Para-Psychic, strong-minded.
• Asset: Alluring (1)
• Attribute Modifications – +1 Tenacity

[I][U]Night-vision[/U][/I]
Whites inherit their Nazzadi parent’s ability to see in the dark. Their night-vision allows them to see in very low light conditions, though not in complete darkness, up to 50 yards. It takes no time for their eyesight to adjust from light to darkness. This vision is black and white.

[I][U]Para-Psychic[/U][/I]
Born with supernatural abilities, Whites gain both the Latent Para-Psychic and Erupted Para-Psychic Assets for free, at no skill point cost.

[I][U]Oddity[/U][/I]
Whites are unusual to most people. Furthermore, the New Earth Government keeps tabs on Whites because they’re still not sure what’s going to come from them. They gain the Misfit (4) and Watched (3) Drawbacks, which do not provide any additional skill points nor do they count against their starting Drawback limit.

[I][U]Strong-minded[/U][/I]
Whites have a firmer grasp on themselves and the world around them. They gain a +4 Test Bonus to all Fear and Insanity Tests.

[I][U]Xenomix age[/U][/I]
Xenomixes are a pretty new phenomenon. The first xenomixed children were conceived the first year after the First Arcanotech War ended – 2066. They were born starting later that year. This means that in a game set in 2085, the oldest a xenomix character can be is 19 years old. Whites didn’t show up until a year later – the oldest a White character can be in a game set in 2085 is 18 years old.[/HIDE]

NEG Mecha:
[ATTACH]47068[/ATTACH]

NEG Mecha Profiles:
[HIDE]
[ATTACH]47069[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47070[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47071[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47072[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47073[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47074[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47075[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47076[/ATTACH]

[/HIDE]

Nazzadi Mecha:
[ATTACH]47077[/ATTACH]

Nazzadi Mecha Profiles:
[HIDE]
[ATTACH]47078[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47079[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47080[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47081[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/RiderKnight/Maelstrom_zps75f29e42.png[/IMG]
[ATTACH]47082[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]47083[/ATTACH]
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/RiderKnight/Borealis_zps57462ff6.png[/IMG]

Note: Players will not choose their own mech, instead they are assigned pre-mission according to the pilot's specialty.

[/HIDE]

Character Sheet:
[HIDE]
Name:
Allegiance: New Earth Government (N.E.G.)
Profession: Mecha  Pilot
Race:
Virtue(s): for a full list, contact the storyteller.
Flaw(s): for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Physical Appearance:

ATTRIBUTES

Barring bonuses, you have 35 points to spread between these, with 1 being poor and 10 being peak.

Agility: physical dexterity and grace.
Intellect: education and intelligence.
Perception: awareness and sense acuity.
Presence: charm, beauty and force of personality.
Strength: physical night.
Tenacity: endurance and willpower.

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: average of Agility + Perception. The amount this comes to will be compared to a table by the storyteller to determine how many conscious Actions you can make during a turn without incurring Penalties.
Movement: average of Agility + Strength. The amount this comes to will be compared to a table by the storyteller to determine how fast your character can move.
Reflex: average of Agility + Intellect + Perception.
Vitality: 5 + average of Strength and Tenacity. This is your health bar.
Orgone: 5 + average of Intellect + Tenacity.
Drama Points: 10

Skills: Barring bonuses, you have 20 points to purchase Skills; a specialization in a Skill costs half a point. Each skill costs the desired level of expertise die rating. For a full list of skills, contact the storyteller.
• Student (1 die)
• Novice (2 dice)
• Adept (3 dice)
• Expert (4 dice)
• Master (5 dice)

All characters receive the following skills for free:
• Languages (English or Nazzadi): Expert (or both at Novice for younger Nazzadi)
• Literacy: Novice
• Regional Knowledge: Novice

Combat Skills:

Assets: you may spend Skill points on Assets. For a full list, contact the storyteller.

Drawbacks: adding Drawbacks allows you to regain extra Skill points. You may acquire up to 10 points this way. For a full list, contact the storyteller.

Note: All pilots require the Duty(2) drawback and Authority(3) Asset

On top of all these points, when you create your character you have 6 Cheat points which allow you to increase your abilities in a number of ways. Below is a list of things you can modify using Cheat points and how many of them it will cost.

• Increase an Attribute 1 point: 3 Cheat points. Make sure your Secondary Attributes fit to the changes you make this way.
• Get 2 more points for Skills: 1 Cheat point.
• Increase Orgone by 2: 1 Cheat point.
• Increase Vitality by 1: 1 Cheat point.
• Start with a legal First Order Protection or Scrying Spell: 1 Cheat point.
• Start with an illegal First Order Protection or Scrying Spell: 2 Cheat points.
• Start with a legal First Order Enchantment or Transmogrification Spell: 2 Cheat points.
• Start with an illegal First Order Enchantment, Summoning, or Transmogrification Spell: 4 Cheat points.

Gear: for a full list, contact the storyteller.

Insanity Points: 
Disorders:

Background:

Theme Songs: if applicable
[/HIDE]

Name: William "Will" Kross
Callsign: Durandal
Profession: Mecha Pilot
Race: Human
Virtue(s): Courageous, Imaginative
Flaw(s): Foolish, Lazy

Physical Appearance:
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/RiderKnight/21f68ba2-ea49-44ca-9f54-7112a548da85_zpsc7986072.jpg[/IMG]

ATTRIBUTES
Agility: 8 + 1 (Cheat Point)
Intellect: 5
Perception: 7 + 1 (Cheat Point)
Presence:5
Strength: 5
Tenacity: 6

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 2
Movement: 13 mph (32/8 ypt)
Reflex: 7
Vitality: 11
Orgone: 11
Drama Points: 10 + 4 (2 from Driven and  from Innovative)

Skills: 
Marksman Expert, Specialization: Mech (4)
Armed Combat Expert, Specialzation Mecha Close Quarters Weapon systems (4)
Dodge Adept, Specialization: Mech (3)
Fighting Adept, Specialization: Mech (3)
Pilot Novice, Specialization Mech (2)
Occult Adept, Specialization: Migou (3)
Literacy Novice (Free)
Language Expert, English (Free)
Language Novice, Nazzadi (2)
Survival Student (1)
Observation Novice, Mech Focus (2)
Regional Knowledge: Novice (Free)

Assets: 
Authority (3)
Driven (2)
Ambidextrous (2)
Innovative (2)
Sexy voice (1)
Peripheral vision (1)
Fearless (2)

Drawbacks: 
Mystically Void (4)
Manic (2)
Duty (2)
Debt (1)
Depressive (2)
Delusions (2)

Gear (Carried): 
Sentrytech Mk-IV Armor
CS-40 Defender
Assigned Mech
PCPU
Wireless Communication Earpiece, 
Belt Holster 
Military Uniform

Insanity Points: 0
Disorders:

Background: Times are tough, even with things being alright within most N.E.G. cities some folks just can't seem to get decent jobs, or hold decent jobs, or keep a good enough grasp on their spending habits to live how a person actually should. Will was one of the third category, often spending most of his cash on comics, videos, and great big piles of magazines featuring scantily clad Nazzadi women which he found had an exotic quality that he just couldn't get enough of. Of course he could rarely afford all of that himself, and he still had to eat, and pay his bills, leading him to having to borrow money from friends even after downgrading into a smaller home. Eventually his friends decided to stop enabling his habits and stop lending him money landing him in a very tight spot. Soon he was behind on his bills, and his meals were definitely going down in quality, especially since he refused to stop buying the usual things, not realizing he could save so much money by at least cutting back on those things. He dug himself into quite a hole, and it was pretty damn deep by this point. 

There wasn't a way out in sight, he didn't have many skills to speak of and absolutely no talent for the mystical whatsoever. Then it happened one day when he was out and about he saw a recruitment poster for the N.E.G.military, which listed off quite few really nice benefits, even for temporary service which was supposed to last a mere two years. More importantly it would allow him to live out his childhood heroic mech pilot fantasies for real which was pretty damn awesome, the pay and practically free education weren't bad either. With that the N.E.G. caught itself a new fish hook, line, and sinker especially since the fine print in the contract said they could keep him as long as needed. 

Throughout training he was noted as being a little out there, often acting like a character straight out of a cartoon when he go into a cockpit, even to the point where he would sometimes shout an attack or two. More than that they noted that successes almost gave him a natural high that he would ride for all it was worth, but failure could easily send him spiraling downward. On the flipped side he tended to be creative with his tactics and that he seemed convinced of his little fantasies to the point where he could actually pilot pretty well. As far as combat goes he is a generalist, pretty good at a bunch of things, even if he may not be all there in the head sometimes.

Theme Songs: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfzORpgStQg]Keep Yourself Alive by Queen[/url]

Last edited:
Name: Kyra
Callsign: Ice
Race: Nazzadi
Virtue(s): Kind, Sober
Flaw(s): Impatient, Vengeful

Physical Appearance: Ice is a Nazzadi male with broad shoulders and a toned, athletic frame. He stands at 6’2” in height and weighs approximately 200lbs. He has shoulder-length, curly black hair, a moustache and a closely trimmed beard. He has white tribal tattoos visible on his neck, chest, back and coiled around his arms. A recent addition is a snowflake-like pattern on the back of his right hand – his strong hand – in honour of his new name. Outside of his uniform and flight suit, Ice’s taste in clothes is rather plain; white open-necked shirt sometimes with a dark green jacket, denim jeans, belt, boots and a silver Nordic talisman displaying eight beams of light.

2g9F1nh.jpg

ATTRIBUTES

Agility: 7
Intellect: 6
Perception: 6
Presence: 5
Strength: 6
Tenacity: 7

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 1 action
Movement: 11 mph (27/6 ypt)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 12

Skills:
• Languages (English): Expert
• Language (Nazzadi): Student
• Observation: Novice
• Survival: Novice

Combat Skills:
• Armed Fighting: Adept
• Athletics: Adept
• Dodge: Adept, Focus: Mecha
• Fighting: Adept
• Marksman: Adept, Focus: Mecha
• Pilot: Novice
• Support Weapons: Novice

Assets:
• Authority (3)
• Efficient Immune System (1)
• High Pain Threshold (3)
• Night Vision
• Wary (2)

Drawbacks:
• Duty (2)
• Damaged (2)
• Obsessive (2)
• Vengeful (3)

Gear (carried):
• Assigned mech
• Belt holster
• CS-40 “Defender” (licensed)
• Military uniform
• P.C.P.U.
• Sentrytech Mk-IV armour
• Wireless communication earpiece

Disorders: N/A

Background: when Field Marshals Vreta and Kyra turned on each other at the close of the First Arcanotech War, a six-month civil conflict erupted between the Nazzadi forces in orbit around the Earth. This clash ended with victory for Vreta’s forces, and the integration of their people into the New Earth Government. Most of Kyra’s surviving loyalists were rounded up to face justice, but some were able to escape and went into hiding. Among them were two who fled into the snowy mountains of Norway. These two soldiers lived in that harsh territory for years, eventually giving birth to a son, whom they named Kyra in honour of their fallen leader. When the Migou began to establish a presence in Earth’s colder regions, the family were found by an alien scouting party, and exterminated. Due to his young age at the time, Kyra has no true recollection of how he survived, and his mind locked down the greater parts of the tragedy which made him an orphan.

Proving himself to be made from sterner stuff, Kyra travelled an impressive distance before finally collapsing in the snow. He was rescued by a human, Ulrik Storstrand, who lived in nearby Øksfjord. Kyra grew up as Ulrik’s adopted son, and the only Nazzadi in the village. He faced prejudice from the human population, but Ulrik refused to bow down to peer pressure, and this inspired Kyra to toughen up and prove himself worthy of deliverance; to this end, he made himself indispensable by helping the fishermen on their boats (the local waters had yet to feel the submarine terror of the Deep Ones), and the villagers began to accept him as one of their own. He even took a liking to a local girl, Evy, and she seemed to return his affections.

The Migou destroyed that. The aliens sought to spread their influence across the region, and annihilated Øksfjord. Many died, and those left alive were either captured for Migou experimentation or were forced to huddle together in the dark. N.E.G. forces arrived to drive the monsters back, but by then it was too little too late. Unable to find Ulrik, Evy or any of his friends, Kyra’s life had been ruined by the Migou for the second time. The soldiers found him curled up in the snow in a catatonic state, clutching his father’s talisman, and he was taken to a safe arcology to undergo psychiatric treatment. It was during this two year period that Kyra closed his eyes, and Ice opened them. When he was deemed sane enough to be allowed to leave the facility, he was the right age to undergo training as a mecha pilot. Kyra had been a tough and undisciplined but good-hearted boy who feared the Migou. Ice was born to wipe them off the face of the planet.

Theme Songs: “Break the Ice” by John Farnham

Last edited:
The Wind Of Justice
Name: James Caesar
Callsign: Tempest
Virtue(s): Optimist, Self-Confident
Flaw(s): Arrogant, Dull

Physical Appearance:
7911626.jpg

ATTRIBUTES
Agility: 6 + 1 (Cheat Point)
Perception: 7
Presence: 5
Strength: 6+ 1 (Cheat Point)
Tenacity: 5

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES
Actions: 1
Movement: 13 mph (32/8 ypt) (from Fast)
Reflex: 9+ 1 (1 from Fast)
Vitality: 10
Orgone: 10

Skills:
• Language Expert English
• Language Novice Nazzadi (2)
• Stealth: Adept (3)
• Athletics: Novice (2)
• Survival Student (1)
• Observation Student (1)
• History (1) (Ineptitude)

Combat Skills:
• Pilot: Novice
• Armed Fighting: Adept (3)
• Fighting: Adept (3)
• Dodge: Adept, Mecha Focus
• Marksman: Adept, Mecha Focus
• Support Weapons: Novice

Assets:
Authority(3)
Fast (2)
Common Sense (2)
Internal Compass (1)
Minor Empathy (2)

Drawbacks:
Duty(2)
Sensory Impaired (2) impaired Tactile Sense
Big Ego (2)
Slow Healing (3)
Ineptitude (2)
Code (2)
• I always keep my word.
• A friend of a friend is my friend and an enemy of my friend is
my foe.
• I will never turn my back on a friend in need.
• I will always avenge an insult to my unit/government/organization.

Gear:
Sentrytech Mk-IV Armor
CS-40 Defender
Assigned Mech
PCPU
Belt Holster
Military Uniform

Disorders:

Background: Life was quite easy and peaceful. A person can just take nap/hang out with their friends and family. At the park, school, home and at any fast food restaurants. However after the Aeon War happened some live in fear. James was not one of those people living in fear. He had move out of the house. A few years before the Aeon War. He had live in for most of his life with his parents and siblings. His parents would be often at work till night. Because of this he would be taking care of his siblings. Such as learning how to cook basics dishes till his parents come home from work. In his free time he would, be reading the history of the Arcanotech War. He would often spend most of his time in the gym. That was a few walks from his house. With the rest of the day he had left. James would see if his parents/sibling need help around the house. However his parents would, say your a grown man you should be out having fun at your age. which James would kept his promise with his parents. He would send them some money. So his parents can pay the rent and his siblings college tuition in the future. He knows that at some point he need to look for another job. Especially with the Aeon war happening it is hard to find/keep a job.

James was out walking one day going to the gym, which he saw the N.E.G. military recruitment poster on the sidewalk. The thoughts that was in his mind both positive and negative. This is the chance to use my strength, to get the people's peaceful life back. The war must not be fought on the homes of the Humans and Nazzadi. This job pay will be more than, enough to help my parents and siblings. He then walks to the location, where one can join the N.E.G. military. On that very day he never regrets his Choice of joining the military. One of the reasons is being, able to see the mechas that was use during the war. The other reason being that his dream of joining the military came true.

The N.E.G. military that was over seeing his training. Says that him spending, most of his time in the gym. Has given him a strong/athletic body, but his endurance is average. Other than that he has a good awareness and sense acuity. It was after the training that James became, quite arrogant believing himself to be the best. During combat he seems to like being up close and personal, giving the enemy little room to dodge. Any attacks he choose to use, a close combat weapon/a range weapon. Due to this James has shown interest in the Mechas designed, for speed, agility, and durability.

Theme Songs: Unknown Soldier by Breaking Benjamin

Last edited:
Lurker
Our squad leader NPC, I know he has high stats but for the sake of leveling characters dont rely on him too much

Name: Myron Forsythe
Callsign: Immortal
Virtue(s): Wise, Self Confident
Flaw(s): Impaitient, Ireverrent

Physical Appearance:
Brenner_zpsbfe3d5b4.png

ATTRIBUTES

Barring bonuses, you have 35 points to spread between these, with 1 being poor and 10 being peak.

Agility: 9
Intellect: 7
Perception: 9
Presence: 9
Strength: 5
Tenacity: 6

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 3 actions
Movement: 13 mph (32/8 ypt)
Reflex: 8
Vitality: 10

Skills:
Pilot: Master, Specialization: Mecha (5)
Languages (English): Expert
Literacy: Novice
Regional Knowledge: Expert
Survival: Master
Occult: Master, Specilizaion: Migou

Combat Skills:
Armed Fighting: Master (5)
Marksmanship: Master (5)
Fighting Master (5)

Assets: you may spend Skill points on Assets. For a full list, contact the storyteller.
Authority (4)
High Pain Threshold (3)
Commendation (3)
Acute Senses (2):
Acute Eyesight
Fearless (2)
Wealth (4)
Internal Clock (1)
Internal Compass (1)
Fast (2)
Driven (2)

Drawbacks:
Duty (2)
Chronic Pain (2)
Code (1)
I cannot fail in my service – I will succeed or die trying
Impetuous (2)
Sensory Impaired (4):
Hearing Impaired and Impaired Tactile Sense
Tired (2)
Damaged(2)

Gear:
Sentrytech Mk-IV Armor
CS-40 Defender
PCPU
Belt Holster
Military Uniform
MV-15 Claymore "Wrecker"

Disorders:

Background: A veteran N.E.G mecha pilot that has served a staggering twenty-five years in the military, and survived with his mind intact against all odds. With an impressive number of victories under his belt he is revered as a hero by many others in the N.E.G's mech piloting forces and morale tends to get an impressive boost when he is present. His image is also often seen in propaganda posters for recruitment. Due to the fact that he has lasted as long as he has earned him the nickname Immortal, unsurprisingly What is surprising though is he continues to serve even though most would have left a long time ago, especially considered all those years haven't exactly been kind. Senses dulled, pain from injuries that just wont go away, trauma all reasons for a man to step down and move on from active duty and back to a job training recruits. In fact it is those very reasons that keep him going, believing that he is sparing the younger pilots from similar things, preferring to act as protective force on the battlefield than an instructor sending students off to probbly die. Still for as banged up as he is he is still like a sword that has only become sharper over the years, with other senses compensating for his dulled ones, and years of experience only serving to make him more skilled on the battlefield. Currently he has been placed in charge of a squad of new recruits which could be very promising or a complete disaster.

Theme Songs: The Trooper by Iron Maiden

Name: John Smith
Callsign: Reaper
Virtue(s): Productive
Flaw(s): Violent

Physical Appearance:

mecha_pilot_by_meganerid-d4i5iqz.jpg

ATTRIBUTES

Agility:8 + 1 (cheat point)
Perception:9
Presence: 6
Strength: 4 + 1 (cheat point)
Tenacity:3

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 3
Movement: 13mph(32/8 ypt).
Reflex: 7.
Vitality: 9.
Orgone: 9.

Skills:
Pilot Novice specialization mech (2)
Observation expert specialization mech (4)
Languages (English ) Expert (free)
Literacy: Novice (free)
Regional Knowledge: Novice (free)

Combat Skills:
Armed Fighting expert specialization mech (4)
Dodge expert specialization mech (4)
Fighting expert specialization mech (4)
Marksman expert specialization mech (4)
Support Weapons Novice specialization mech (2)

Assets:
Authority (3)
Alluring (1)

Drawbacks:
Duty (3)
Amnesia (4)
Habit Moderate addiction Alcohol (2)
Manic (2)
Mean (2)
Short Fuse (2)

Gear:
Sentrytech Mk-IV Armor
CS-40 Defender
Assigned Mech
PCPU
Belt Holster
Military Uniform

Insanity Points:
Disorders:

Background: The first thing he remembers is waking up in a gutter, having no idea how he got there or who he was. After stumbling around for a few days and starving half to death he started going by John Smith. He though he was going to die, but then he saw a recruitment poster for Military, and thought that it would be a good way to get a free meal and some clothes on his back.

During basic training he scored high in the mecha pilot field and decided to go for that. Over time he relised that he had a temper problem and that when he thought of the void in his memories he would turn to alcohol. Violence doesnt seem like a problem to him and he is happy to inflict pain on someone.

Lurker
Approved and here is what im giving you with your amnesia:

Drawbacks:
Dark Secret

Assets:
Latent-Para Psychic (4)
Wary (2)

Skills:
Occult Novice, Specialization: Otherworldly Creatures

Lurker
There will be no Engels, this is strictly a mecha game. That said amphibious mecha may come into play later.

Also while we do have the minimum im waiting to see whether or not someone is interested first