MagiFanboy
The thing is that where Changeman was very generic and bog-standard at the start and it took time for all the unique aspects and complexities of that series to emerge, Flashman's premise is unique and creative right out of the gate and it does a good job of gradually disseminating character, setting, and plot information so that even though I don't know quite what's happening at first I am enticed and wish to learn more. This is not an easy trick to pull off, so Flashman is impressing me in that regard.

Anyway, I've got episode 4 down now and once again we get a good display of Jin's particular leadership style, he seems one of the more intellectual reds with the way he drew upon his memories and what Mag was saying to Dai in order to come up with his plan. In addition the relationship between Mag and the team as a whole is showcased and given a chance to grow, which is nice. Plus, we got a longer panning shot during the last fight and the giant robot fight was a pretty good one too.

MagiFanboy
Wasn't Yutaka Hirose yelling out "KURAGEN!" in one of the episodes to make his monster grow somewhat famous?

It wouldn't surprise me at all, even before the internet people could still make the most incidental and trivial things into a big deal. Not that I would know anything about that. *cough*

Anyway, episode 5 was the most hilarious thing ever, from Sara and Ruu not realizing at first that refrigerators don't literally run, to that poor traffic cop running in fear from the girls at the end. And that bit with the roll call, the boys just had no idea what that was about, ha ha.

MagiFanboy
Earth names are just so darn complicated, you know? LOL.

Anyway, episode 6 was okay, nothing all that special, but 7 was much better in my estimation, good character focus for Bun; when he started to imagine what it would have been like to grow up on Earth with his Mom and everything, I just wanted to give him a big old hug. Also, that one kid selling the balloons, it was amusing seeing him wonder what was up with these weird idiots before dismissing in favor of just taking their money. Though now I'm wondering where they're getting their money and other supplies from; is Mag running some sort of Flash-planet technology counterfeiting scheme or something?

^ same thing goes for other "fish out of water" teams like Zyuranger, Gingaman and Goseiger. I doubt they even know what money is yet they seem to know that taking things w/o paying is a bad thing. Flashman emphasized on the "fish out of water" aspect but after a few eps, they just stopped bothering.

Some kind of Beast mode
Don't forget Gokaiger. It actually seems like there was more emphasis on it in Gokai than Gosei.

MagiFanboy
^ same thing goes for other "fish out of water" teams like Zyuranger, Gingaman and Goseiger. I doubt they even know what money is yet they seem to know that taking things w/o paying is a bad thing. Flashman emphasized on the "fish out of water" aspect but after a few eps, they just stopped bothering.

Well, in the case of Gingaman they quickly get jobs working on a ranch, and the Goseigers are freeloaders mooching off of Dr. Amachi. The Zyurangers...well, Zyuranger was done like a fairy tale, ignoring logistical questions is a matter of course for stories like that. And I can understand them de-emphasizing/dropping the issue, since there's only so many times and so many ways it can be brought up before it gets dull, repetitive, and drag the story down in minutiae that no one cares about.

In any event, episode 8 is very interesting because it forms the first part of the first two-parter of the series, in which Jin, Bun, or Dai might well have discovered their family; at the very least this family lost a baby boy to the Alien Hunters and Daddy even built himself a time-machine to try and go back to undo that abduction. Now, I was able to follow the episode for the most part, but there were a couple of things I wasn't clear on and so if anyone could help me with that I would really appreciate that; was it ever said where/how Dr. Tokimura got a hold of that Alien Hunter technology, and what was it that he was telling the team at the end of the episode? I imagine that was something along the lines of him having only one shot left with the energy source or not being sure how to fix it, but I'm not sure and there's more possibilities than I care to list here and now.

Dr. Tokimura will be a recurring character throughout the series and he was revealed to be one of the Flashman's father near the finale, so keep a close watch on him. :)

Nice post!!
The Zyurangers...well, Zyuranger was done like a fairy tale, ignoring logistical questions is a matter of course for stories like that.

Actually, there's an episode where the Zyurangers get part-time jobs that kind of addresses this. Emphasis on the "kind of," as Zyuranger never really stops being completely surreal.