Can Toei made Toku shows not seem like a kid shows??

As for the movies, what I meant was THE FIRST focusing more on Snake and Cobra than Hongo and Ichimonji, and THE NEXT focusing more on Chiharu and the horror side story than Kazami. (Though I do admit NEXT did a slightly better job with Hongo and Ichimonji than FIRST did).

Yeah, though I did really like the Snake/Cobra subplot. Chiharu on the other hand... wtf?
 
It's not as if these subplots were really that bad. Just remember that you're making a movie about Riders, not doomed romance or horror.
 
I'm sure there were a thousand better ways to make a horror-themed Kamen Rider movie that weren't just tacking on some rejected J-Horror plot.
 
Make them fresh baked delicious & soft chocolate chip cookies & I'm in.

If there's croissant or cake involved...write my name on the pavement! :P

Hmm... cookies are good and faily easy to cook at the same time as something else. Oooh Gatack, you ever had almond croissants? Those are DELICIOUS!!

Whatever you make please make it with gluten-free ingredients.

Otherwise I hate all of you. ;_;

I can probably whip something up but you gotta help me a little, I'm not well versed in hypo allergenic cooking.

Gluten allergy sucks...I had a coworker with that once...she couldn't eat anything we sold in the store ^^;
 
Super Sentai and Kamen Rider ARE Kids shows, Cutie Honey: The Live however, is NOT.

Japan has different rules when it comes to Childrens programs, which is why there's the darkeness and stuff.

Just because they are kid's shows doesn't mean Adults can't watch and enjoy them. And people who make fun of you for watching something that to them looks like Power Rangers, yet take Iron Man way too seriously, are just nerds.
 
Super Sentai and Kamen Rider ARE Kids shows, Cutie Honey: The Live however, is NOT.

Japan has different rules when it comes to Childrens programs, which is why there's the darkeness and stuff.

Just because they are kid's shows doesn't mean Adults can't watch and enjoy them. And people who make fun of you for watching something that to them looks like Power Rangers, yet take Iron Man way too seriously, are just nerds.

Agreed.
 
alpha red

If you enjoy watching the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series then keep on watching.

Who cares or gives a damn what other people think. They like what they like and you like what you like!

No matter where you go, your gonna run into the problem of people calling these shows "kid shows, et...".

I hear the line all the time "How can you watch Japanese Power Rangers and those Japanese cartoons?"

All that does is let me know how ignorant and close-minded they really are.

Just remember to quit worrying about what others think. If you like to watch it then continue watching it no matter what they say!!!

:castlerock::castlerock::castlerock:

Well said!

Before I really got into the Kamen Rider series, I honestly didn't think I would ever have the opportunity of watching it.
But when I was able to watch Kamen Rider Black on the internet for the first time, I was happy.
Here, I was watching something that was different from tokusatsu I had seen in America. In Kamen Rider Black, I saw the one thing that no Power Ranger show ever showed. Violence.

Anybody remember the scene in that one episode, when that Golgum professor turned that one student into a werewolf? The student went mad after seeing himself turned into a monster, and jumped off the edge of the building they were in, committing suicide.:O_O:

Now I know that there had to have been people ready to catch the actor underneath (they only filmed as far as the student flying in the air after he jumped), but what really surprised me was that they would go so far to film this for a show that was aimed for kids.:O_O: This was something that no overprotective parent in America would ever allow for their kids to see. Culture-wise, it was very interesting to watch.

Alpha Red, don't try to explain it to people. Watch it because you enjoy it, that's all that should really matter.
 
It's not that Japan has different rules for childrens shows, its just a culture thing... and srsly, it is a children's show. No, they dont say damnit or **** or all that other crap subbers like to throw in.


and anything before Kuuga was shown on Fridays or Saturdays at 5pm. You can not compare Shouwa rider themes to Heisei. The morning show block we all know didnt start until the middle of Ohranger IIRC.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top