Has anyone here had that feeling where a specific tokusatsu program made you feel happy, or made you feel good about yourself, left a particular positive impact on you as a person, or expanded your horizons on life, or taught you some very valuable lessons that you will never forget? Or did specific important scenes give you these feelings? If so, which shows (or scenes), and how did it impact you? :)

when Arata told Nozomu that "If you don't try, nothing will ever start." in the first episode of Goseiger. at that time, I gave up my chance of studying in Tokyo because I was so scared and unconfident. but after watching that scene, it kinda gave me courage. of course it still took me some time before finally deciding to further my Japanese studies. :D

Last edited:
The last few eps of kamen rider w had me teary eyed, while watching gaoranger helped me get over a breakup with a old girlfriend, and finally I can relate something in my life to so much stuff in kamen rider fourze it's not even funny lol it also made me want to make more friends and i stole gentaros handshake and use it all the time :)

MagiFanboy
Mahou Sentai Magiranger and Dengeki Sentai Changeman are the two tokus that have most resonated with me in a positive and uplifting ways, they leave me wanting to write stories that can have that same sort of impact.

D'awwww. Lots of heartwarming stories going on. :anime: Glad we all got to watch tokusatsu. :)

One thing that Kamen Rider Agito did for me was the character Hojo. He seemed so despicable, until later eps showed how there was indeed good in him and just how human he was. It taught me to accept certain people better. The Hojo-type character has been attempted in many later Rider shows, but all pail in comparison to how Hojo was executed imo. :)

Dairanger for me was a perfect example at how awesome chinese martial arts and mythology could be. And was a very good example of how awesome an underground war in your everyday life could be. Definitely helped make real life feel more interesting and imaginative. Same goes for Kakuranger for very similar reasons! :thumbs:

There's a lot more I can share. And I mean A LOT more. But my brain is kinda fried at the moment, so I'll probably post again later. :p

Shows like Dairanger, Kakuranger, Hibiki and OOO encourage my interest in Buddhism and my native Sri Lankan culture in general. (Although with the possible exception of OOO none of them actually have much to do with Buddhism.)

Hate to admit it, but I am loving Fourze. It's just a feel good, friendship-is-a-wonderful-thing show. :anime:

The new breed.
Has anyone here had that feeling where a specific tokusatsu program made you feel happy, or made you feel good about yourself, left a particular positive impact on you as a person, or expanded your horizons on life, or taught you some very valuable lessons that you will never forget? Or did specific important scenes give you these feelings? If so, which shows (or scenes), and how did it impact you? :)
All Tokusatsu makes me feel good. :thumbs:

I'm A Djinn
GARO is the ultimate feel-good toku show.:thumbs:

Magiranger.

I will ALWAYS call bullshit on the mentality of "light-hearted funny < grimdark srs" when it comes to any show. I dont dislike Goseiger because it wasnt grimdark, it's because the characters are losers and the story blows ass. I dont like GARO because it's not goofy, it's because the story is epic and the characters are very likeable.

That said, I really dig the cast of Magi. They feel like a fun, loving, and tight-knit family. And I honestly watch the show to see their relationship dynamics over the plot (which I do like a lot too). Kinda like Firefly. I watch it more to see how the crew works with one another more than I do for their adventures (which I ALSO dig a lot).

Im a sucker for ppl that get along well despite differences and annoying each other at points, like a real family or group of friends do.