Anyone Like or Dislike Kamen Rider Kabuto? *spoilers*

I thought it was pretty decent. There were a lot of things that they probably should have gone into that they didnt. Where did the Hopper Zecters come from? How did Daisuke, of al people, end up with a Rider Belt?

Actually, what was the point of Daisuke as a character at all? He wasn't even in the final episodes...and I dont think any of his appearances in the show had anything to do with the actual plot...

yea...it was decent...
 
Kabuto was an excellent concept ineptly executed. It may have had a lot of potential, but unused potential is, in the end, disappointment and nothing else.
I'm getting used to Heisei KR plotholes, I can live with them. What I couldn't stand of Kabuto was that instead of leaving them unsolved, they hastily filled them or even forcefully connected them.
It's probably a matter of taste but Tendo is the most annoying Kamen Rider I've seen. Cocky and over-confident. I HATE that kind of character, specially if it is a hero.
The Hopper Riders are like building a sand castle and then throw a bucket of water on it just when it was starting to look good.
Great production design, that is to be said.
So, in my opinion, yes, Kabuto may have had a lot of potential, but nothing else. The real, tangible thing was what we watched, and for me, it was to a certain point, a disappointment.
 
I thought it was really promising starting out. Kabuto's design was good, some excellent action and I loved the concept for the monsters. ..but the really jarring tone shifts between the actual plot and action vs. all the damn cookery, make-up, and Tsrugui wackyfests made me decide not to contine with it. Even after I gave it a couple more chances. I really didn't like time-travel entering the equation the way it did, the gaudy designs for many of the other Riders as well as the power-up forms, and the goth Hoppers.

Also Tendou's attitude just really wore really, really, really thin to me after awhile.
 
I go with Kabuto > Ryuki > Kuuga > Blade > Agito > Den-O > Roseanne > The Nanny > Hibiki.

:laugh:

I'll agree with this:

Bennu said:
Kuuga/Agito>>>>>The rest of the New Gens

But if I had to rank them, it would go: Agito > Kuuga > Ryuki > Blade/Hibiki > Faiz > Kabuto

Kabuto tried too hard to be "cool" and "serious," but what I hated the most was that every single character -- every single one -- was an unlikable pud. Like GARO, it's all flash and no substance, and when the writers did try to do anything, they went out of their way to make it "weird" to try and fool people into thinking it had its own unique quality in lieu of good characters or story. I didn't like it -- I gave up on the show in the 20s and if that was the "good" stretch of episodes, I'd be afraid to see the rest. Even shows I didn't much enjoy and dropped, like Magiranger or Hibiki, I went back and finished, but I have negative interest in watching Kabuto.
 
Last edited:
I want to throw my two cents into this thread, and just say I think that Kamen Rider Kabuto.

I've enjoy this series and I've only got to watch the first 10 episodes but from what I've seen of it I've enjoy it. I enjoy the main character Tendou is a great characters, and his Grandmother said this was well place in the series.

Now I've read other people's post on here about Tendou's having an attitude problem, and I agree it does get on my nerves a lot because it seem like he thought he was better than the rest of the characters in the series. Beside that I thought Kamen Rider Kabuto is a good series and I plan on finishing it after I finish Garo, Faiz/555, and Kamen Rider V3.
 
I loved it, I very much loved Kabuto! The character's personalities were so great and the suits had some really cool abilities. I wish the movie could've been [HIDE]based on the actual continuity instead of an alternate time line[/HIDE] but the entire show was just incredible.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top