Anyone else thinks that Jetman is somewhat overrated by the toku fandom?

I like MM 2-4, 8, MMX 1-5, and Zero 1-4. Oh, and the first 3 BNs weren't bad. All of the other games vary from average to aweful, especially every X game after 5, and the only reason I like 5 is because it WAS written to be the final game, leading into the Zero series.
 
It's okay.

Jetman is one of my favorite series. One of the flaws I've noticed with the show is that Kaori is sort of a Mary Sue. I don't hate the character, although she did kick Raito in the balls for no reason (why the hell did she do that for?). Well that's not the point. The point is that she is liked by Gai and Raito. So she is at some point loved by Gai, loved by Raito, and later loved by Ryu.

Kaori is pretty and all, but Ako is prettier. She was the only member on the team who is actually more original from her Gatchaman counterpart.

I conclude...
Ryu loves his woman, who later turned into Maria. She dies. Her Jetman place goes to Kaori. Ryu is one depressed ****, cant get over the loss of his girl.
Gai loves kaori. Raita loves Kaori.
Kaori tries to get Ryu... altrhough he just lost his girl and she took his place in the team. Ryu gets more and more depressed.
Gai hates ryu because kaori likes him.
Kaori dates Gai. Kaori kicks Raita in the nuts.
Gai, who respects ryu more and mlore, can't stand seeing Ryu depressed tries to help Ryu, and almost takes the leading role of the team.
Kaori dumps Gai... Kaori marries Ryu. Gai dies at Ryu's wedding.

Kaori is (with all my respect) a rich slut who thinks she can do anything she pleases and doesn't give a damn about anything.
Ryu is an idiot to fall for such a woman.
Gai is a poor guy who went to the edge for the man he respects, even after getting dumped he supported his 'friend's' marriage. ...although if he was a real friend... he would have told Ryu not to marry such a slut.
Raita will never have any sexual intercourse again, he is so ashamed of himself that he decides to find a new job as a turtle in Dairanger.

And Ako... her voice is too irritating... so lets just leave her out.


In other words... it's the perfect cast. It so human.
Everybody knows/knew an irritating teenage slut.
Everybody knows an overweight friendly guy with 2 left hands.
Everybody knows a bitch who thinks she can do anything she wants and get away with it.
Everybody knows a popular punk wiseguy.
And everybody knows a depressed ****.

It's probably the best cast in sentai so far.
(and it had a noodle monster)
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen the series, but the first couple of episodes I've seen they were alright, nothing special
 
Now, I wouldn't say that. There are people like myself that loves other Rockman games, as well.

I'm a big fan of Rockman 2, 3, 5, 7, Rockman & Forte, & Rockman 9 in case of the original series.

X series: Rockman X-X4, & Rockman X8.

Haven't played the other Rockman games besides those, so I can't comment on the rest.

I like MM 2-4, 8, MMX 1-5, and Zero 1-4. Oh, and the first 3 BNs weren't bad. All of the other games vary from average to aweful, especially every X game after 5, and the only reason I like 5 is because it WAS written to be the final game, leading into the Zero series.

Hows about getting back on topic? There is a thread for this.
 
Jetman is just one of those shows that I watch and think "It's pretty good, but I don't see what the big fuss is all about."
 
It really depends on what part of the fandom one is looking at.

Compared to the 80s sentai, Jetman seems to get more credit than it deserves. Though due to the completion of Liveman subs, Jetman has been getting a little less credit.

A lot of Japanese fans who saw Jetman when it aired would call it one of the best seasons of all time. And this would continue on well into the 2000s. I remember when the sentai fandom outside of Japan was just starting up, Jetman was hailed as THE best sentai of all time, and the one that everyone should watch and praise. But now in recent years, more shows have been subbed and more people have seen Jetman, and well, more people have their own diverse personal opinions on the show.

Now, if Jetman was compared to something like Boukenger and Shinkenger by many non-Japanese fans, those two shows tend to get more credit than Jetman does. And in that case, I'd say those two were a bit more overrated whereas Jetman is the underrated one.

I will say that Jetman isn't THE best thing ever, and that it does tend to get more credit than it deserves at times. However, I STRONGLY disagree that Jetman isn't anything special. In fact, I think the show still has a lot of merits that make it stand out amongst the franchise and is still a very worthwhile installment.
 
Now, if Jetman was compared to something like Boukenger and Shinkenger by many non-Japanese fans, those two shows tend to get more credit than Jetman does. And in that case, I'd say those two were a bit more overrated whereas Jetman is the underrated one.

I will say that Jetman isn't THE best thing ever, and that it does tend to get more credit than it deserves at times. However, I STRONGLY disagree that Jetman isn't anything special. In fact, I think the show still has a lot of merits that make it stand out amongst the franchise and is still a very worthwhile installment.

Isn't that mostly because a lot of English-speaking fandom hasn't seen anything older than Dekaranger at most and/or just don't like older series? A large proportion of the fandom will not watch any show that isn't fully subbed or just don't like the "look" of older shows ...

(I will say though that I've come across quite a few Shinkenger fans who got onto Jetman because they were attracted to the drama/romance aspect, and ended up liking it a lot)
 
Isn't that mostly because a lot of English-speaking fandom hasn't seen anything older than Dekaranger at most and/or just don't like older series? A large proportion of the fandom will not watch any show that isn't fully subbed or just don't like the "look" of older shows ...

(I will say though that I've come across quite a few Shinkenger fans who got onto Jetman because they were attracted to the drama/romance aspect, and ended up liking it a lot)

I agree.
French and some hispanic countries had pre-zyu sentai, and many of em love the 80's sentai.
Unfortunately most of the English speaking fandom hasn't seen much pre-deka sentai.
Understandable though. Why go back to an older show, that you might not like, and of which the visuals aren't as good... and above all shows that don't air weekly. The hype is gone.

It's like playing call of duty on your ps3/360 and going back to playing a call of duty on ps1. (or any other game for that matter)

I don't get it. How are Ako and Kaori slutty?
:eyebrow:

About Kaori, read my explanation... or watch our subs. We are working on new Jetman for you guys.
And really.... AKO is pretty much a high school slut... she acts like it and above all she talks like it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top