Is not impressed right now...
Well Disney doesn't really have all the right to PR,just the name of the show,if toei would sell the sentai footage the company may change the name like task force ________ or phantoms remember that?it well still be power ranger just other a different name.

By the way the cant say megazord or morpher,that Disney property.

To which, again, I reply...

me said:
But then, what would be the point? Unless they're just gonna sub/dub the Sentai and release it, there really would be no reason to have the rights to the show if they're not gonna call it Power Rangers. Even if they DID try to adapt it, it would just be seen as some b-grade PR ripoff anyway. It wouldn't work.

Lurker
opps I didnt see your posts Mr. Underachiever sorry.

but if KRDK becomes a hit,Adness would Properly adapt sentai,witch I think well do a even better job then Disney.

A Secret Messenger ...
Well Disney doesn't really have all the right to PR,just the name of the show,if toei would sell the sentai footage the company may change the name like task force ________ or phantoms remember that?it well still be power ranger just other a different name.

By the way the cant say megazord or morpher,that Disney property.

It's not just names. Disney more than likely has ownership of the use of any characters, storylines, designs, likenesses, etc here in the United States and elsewhere I'd imagine (since PR airs in other countries).

If all they ever had rights to was the name then there would be "legitimate" PR clones left and right using other Toei footage.

And it's not like Toei just sells footage and goes "okay guys do whatever you want." Deals are made for the benefit and gain of both sides of the ocean. Why do you think that no pre-Zyuranger Super Sentai have ever been adapted or translated in the US since Power Rangers became a hit? It's an almost guarantee that there are lines in the paperwork forbidding Toei from letting other companies use older shows.

Another thing to remember is that this isn't about Power Rangers the show, it's about Power Ranger *the toy line.* Isn't Power Rangers like the number one selling line of action figures for young boys? Or at least it's pretty high up there. The point is, is that there is no way in heck that Disney would ever let that cash cow go. They certainly wouldn't sell it to a smaller company like Adness.

Lurker
It's not just names. Disney more than likely has ownership of the use of any characters, storylines, designs, likenesses, etc here in the United States and elsewhere I'd imagine (since PR airs in other countries).

If all they ever had rights to was the name then there would be "legitimate" PR clones left and right using other Toei footage.

And it's not like Toei just sells footage and goes "okay guys do whatever you want." Deals are made for the benefit and gain of both sides of the ocean. Why do you think that no pre-Zyuranger Super Sentai have ever been adapted or translated in the US since Power Rangers became a hit? It's an almost guarantee that there are lines in the paperwork forbidding Toei from letting other companies use older shows.

Another thing to remember is that this isn't about Power Rangers the show, it's about Power Ranger *the toy line.* Isn't Power Rangers like the number one selling line of action figures for young boys? Or at least it's pretty high up there. The point is, is that there is no way in heck that Disney would ever let that cash cow go. They certainly wouldn't sell it to a smaller company like Adness.

You know adness is own by toei,so they can basically buy them selfs if they wanted,plus saban had the right to adapt different pre zyurangers sentai series but they never got off the ground,hey jetman was suppose to be MMPR but it never happened.but PR does become a cartoon Disney may break way from bandai and make Mattel the official license for the PR toys or whatever company they beside to sell the rights to.

Last edited:
You know adness is own by toei,plus saban had the right to adapt different pre zyurangers sentai series but they never got off the ground,hey jetman was suppose to be MMPR but it never happened.

Problem is Adness doesn't have Disney's muscle or marketing power. Look at Viz which is the American branch of a Japanese company.

they well be when KRDK becomes a Hit,:buttrock: lets just hope it does .

The key is 'if', not when. KRDK could be a huge flop and have to be re-tooled to be more PR-esque.

I'm thinking they do adapt Ryuki then maybe Blade and skip to Kabuto so the footage looks really good.