Lurker
This is probably the largest number of people who liked Dragon Knight I've seen on any forum.

Anyway, apparently Adness no longer exists, so...yeah. Their entire company dissolved due to DK's failure.

Class of 2005
If there's a god in heaven let Power Rider be a fucking joke and it was never in talks. Anyway I liked KRDK but hated the Matt Mullins wanna be Tommy aspect of him but liked the premise (i liked the original kit, hated the original Mia though). Mia's best friend, the black girl should've gotten more lines along with Trent. The thing I hated about KRDK was the darn recaps every 15 shows.

As for Adness, aren't they out of business? I would love for them to reform just for a new Kamen Rider.

Class of 2005
I never saw Dragon Knight, unfortunately, although I heard good things about it.

In general, though, I think it'd be a shame if nobody at least attempts to bring Kamen Rider over to a mainstream American and European (and Antipodean, one supposes) audience again. The market likes superheroes, that much is undeniable, and Kamen Rider offers a lot of interesting storylines that can be adapted in interesting way.

So, I don't know how likely it is - or how likely it is that Adness will be given another shot at it - nor do I know how good such an adaptation would be (it depends a lot on who's doing the adapting), but I would hope someone gives it another go.

Heh.

Just imagined a BBC Kamen Rider.

You can't tell me that wouldn't be amazing.

I read BBC as something else. lol. and yeah its on dvd so you better get up on it while you can until it's released officially in 900 volumes across 900 months.

A British toku? Great and we'd get what 2 episodes a year? No thanks.

OK, so back in 2009 Adness did an Americanized version of Kamen Rider Ryuki called Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. Despite it was well received by the Toku fandom, it was a ratings failure, some say it's because it was broadcast on 4Kids TV and at the time Saturday Morning Kid's TV blocks were dying. Interestingly it never even came to the UK.

Then later Saban announced they aquired the rights to Kamen Rider and said they were going to do an adaptation of Kamen Rider Decade called "Power Rider" (or something like that). Power Rider never came to fruition, and they no longer have the rights to Kamen Rider (or so I heard)..

So, now that Saban has ditched the whole Power Rider thing, do you think Adness could have a second chance with Kamen Rider? Do you think they'll get Nickelodeon to air Kamen Rider Dragon Knight while they work on another Kamen Rider series so they can compete with Power Rangers?

Even though Nickelodeon probably won't give them very many timeslots because Kamen Rider isn't a Nickelodeon owned franchise?

Personally I would like to see a return of the American Kamen Rider. Sure Saban's Masked Rider was **** but Kamen Rider Dragon Knight wasn't so bad. I've not completed the series but judging from what I watched it was a million times better than Ryuki. Infact Ryuki was boring as hell. I used to get pissed off whenever something like this would happen but that was because I was a weeaboo at the time, and if you kill off your weeaboo mode and not take sides in this stupid Japan VS America game, then you can learn to appreciate a good TV show for what it is.

DISCUSS!!!!

I doubt very much this gonna happen again but everything is possible.

Is not impressed right now...
The question is, SHOULD Adness get a second chance with Kamen Rider?

And my answer is, **** no. Dragon Knight was terrible.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, Dragon Knight was starting to get pretty good right about the middle... before it took that ridiculously bad plot twist, after which barely anything of interest happened for several episodes & then an oddly easily won final battle.

I'd like to see more Kamen Rider shows brought to the US, but my thoughts were that Kamen Rider might translate pretty well as a more adult drama here... but, at the same time, I don't know. The best I could come up with is starting with an Ichigo analogue, then throwing in random other stuff as the series goes on: IE- the ZO thing, the original riders, Agito, Foundation X, the Rider War & such.

I even came up with an interesting idea for how the suit(s) work so it isn't so similar to other things we've already seen: the belt releases an alien symbiote & forces it to assume a specific form over the person, although things would change & technology would get more advanced as time went on. However, without the belt, the symbiote pretty much grows uncontrollably and takes over the body- which would of course lead to major crap later on.

I read BBC as something else. lol. and yeah its on dvd so you better get up on it while you can until it's released officially in 900 volumes across 900 months.

A British toku? Great and we'd get what 2 episodes a year? No thanks.

The BBC does shows like Casualty, though, which airs almost 50 episodes a year, every single year, and has done for thirty-eight years.

The fact that it often prefers to put out shorter, higher quality series than is common in the US does not mean it is incapable of longer series.

The BBC does shows like Casualty, though, which airs almost 50 episodes a year, every single year, and has done for thirty-eight years.

The fact that it often prefers to put out shorter, higher quality series than is common in the US does not mean it is incapable of longer series.
The main reason most British series are so short is because our TV production has a culture of only using a single writer (usually the series creator), and so there's only so much they can do (and only so many good ideas they have) within a given period of time. Soap Operas like Casualty do have multiple writers, so they can have multiple scripts in development at the same time, which allows them to churn much more out.

The main thing holding British shows back is money. Russell T Davies has said that the main reason modern Doctor Who spends so many episodes on Earth is because they simply don't have enough budget to create convincing alien worlds for every episode without having a serious drop in quality. I have a 'behind the scenes' style book about Red Dwarf series 8, and co-creator (and writer) Doug Naylor mentions at one point that all the CGI for that series was being done by a 'wunderkid' on his bedroom PC(!) because they simply couldn't afford any of the amounts quoted by bigger special effects companies (including the BBC's own in-house effects team).

The other thing is that while we've created a lot of science fiction in the UK (Quatermass, Blake's 7, The Tomorrow People, Thunderbirds, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and many, many more) we don't really have a big history of superheroes, and we don't have the same comic book culture that the US has (the only comic book store I've ever seen was back in the year 2000, and it was very well known locally that the store was basically a front for the owner's real business of 'chipping' PS1's and selling illegally copied games). So it's difficult to see a Rider-style show getting much traction here.

Dragon Knight was okay but...saying it's better than Ryuki is a bit much.

Dragon Knight was more "trying NOT to be like Ryuki" and succeeded in that aspect. Though I wouldn't of mind a comedy episode featuring Eubulon as the Chairman of Kitchen Stadium like they did in Kabuto.

Dragon Knight was more "trying NOT to be like Ryuki" and succeeded in that aspect. Though I wouldn't of mind a comedy episode featuring Eubulon as the Chairman of Kitchen Stadium like they did in Kabuto.

personally i would like to see a kamen rider blade adapted and they stick with the story of kamen rider blade not try making up something new -i think the problem is that what we have seen is the same old same old -dargon knights failure was 2 fold first it had the original theme from power rangers -evil space alien invading -why not dump that idea and go with the an ancient war to determine the dominate species 52 immortal monsters-if humanity doesn't defeat them we will all face extinction. Also the problem with the series was they didn't have products to support it till it was too late -most of the action figures and other items never made it to stores till long after the show was no longer viewable in my area -also the show being on the 4kids at the time it collapsed was bad luck but happens in this kind of thing personally i think that saban should look to their mistakes with power rangers and can use this as a new way to get more kids into it espically with all the cross over movies they could use as specials -also its possible they could also hook young adults if they do things like double where its a mystery or other such. Super heroes like spiderman are popular amound 20s and 30 year olds so why not try and see if it works