2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wrote Tamers? Yeah....that depressing ass chick with the dead Leomon does sound like him.

No, that was Chiaki J Konaka. What I meant was a writer known for "a dark, psychological tone" to work on a kids show, and make it good and suitably geared for the main demographic.
 
Bandai already got all butthurt over Go-Busters being too "serious" when it was mostly comedy after the first episode, so I find it unlikely that Toei will really even allow the writers to go all grim.Wizard probably started out with the intention of being more serious, but changed the formula once they saw the sales.Kyoryuger is basically all hot blooded action to attract viewers.

I'm actually more concerned about how they'll handle the amount of characters they have.
We have the 4 Riders, 5 extra dancers, Kota's sister, the Droopers owner, Sid, and DJ Sagara.
That makes for 13 main characters without even counting the sides or the possible main villains.Last time we got the huge cast thing was Fourze and a lot of the characters ended up lacking development or any relevance in the story.
 
I've seen Gen Urobuchi andle an ensamble cast with Gargantia. In this anime there where a lot of side characters, that never where under used, even though they didn't have that much screentime. Even newly introduced characters got used right.

Granted, this IS a large cast, but Urobuchi has the talant to handle this. Ive loved both shows mentioned, just because they broke the mold hard and often. Puella Madoca Magica redefined Mahou Shoujo for me. It turned that genre from a toy-spewing cutsyfest to a serious, gritty and harsh world. I love the dude for it.

Something else: Masta's Right; he's making a valdid point. We see the designs and people start growning (I laughed my ass of. He's wearing an Orange!). Then I started giving the suit a once over, all te designs for that matter. They're really intelligent designs, great color schemes, and subtle nuances I can apriciate. Gaim may not have bug-eyes, but he's got mandables like Kuuga and Agito before him. The horn shapes on the shin guards; nice. The Grasshopper and beetle are there, but you need to look for it.

Also, since when does street dance == break dance? Break dancing is a form of street dancing, but there are others as well. Hell, there was this whle movement in the nineties. Maybe they have their own schtick, who knows.

I'm gonna shut up until the first ep has been subbed. The cast looks great, the designs are really cool. If the first five eps suck, then you can whine and moan all you want, until then, reserve your judgement. They're not making it just for us, ya know!
 
Puella Madoka Magica redefined Mahou Shoujo for me. It turned that genre from a toy-spewing cutsyfest to a serious, gritty and harsh world. I love the dude for it.

I support your opinion 100% but I have to point out that a lot of PMMM's profit comes from the cutsyfest merchandise that they spew out (and are still spewing out.)

I have faith that Urobuchi cannot butcher this show (it'll probably be Takebe who does that.)
 
Granted, this IS a large cast, but Urobuchi has the talant to handle this. Ive loved both shows mentioned, just because they broke the mold hard and often. Puella Madoca Magica redefined Mahou Shoujo for me. It turned that genre from a toy-spewing cutsyfest to a serious, gritty and harsh world. I love the dude for it.

Yes, all that grimdark crap is just what Kamen Rider needs! Madoka is the reason why I'm worried about this guy coming near Kamen Rider ...

With regard to cast size I would like to point out that big casts were common in early Heisei Rider and no one seems to mind that. From the descriptions we have, it seems like everyone but the Riders and heroine will be supporting cast; and the Riders won't all be introduced at once (Guriton doesn't appear in first quarter toy listings. The TV-Asahi site doesn't list Yuki Kubota's character as a Rider yet.) I think a problem that people had with Fourze is that all the KRC were treated as main cast and expected to be in every episode/involved in every plot even when there was very little for them to do
 
Last edited:
Guys, I highly doubt the show's gonna be "grimdark"; I mean -- as serious as the show could be, he's still dropping an orange on his head!
 
See, his base form I don't hate. In fact, I love it! It really is nice seeing all these HQ images of Gaim now; the close-ups on his Lock Seed are appreciated as well.

Dat insignia on his sole tho. :castlerock:

lol that caught me off guard as well, I gave it some ooo's and ahhh's.
 
I agree but Madoka is just so OTT it does make me a little anxious ...

Just remember Madoka and Fate/Zero aren't the only things he's written. We may get some dark elements but probably no more dark than some things recent shows have done. I mean Wizard's premise is monsters born from killing hundreds of people and there is a psychotic serial killer running around.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top