2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? The foodroids were built by Kengo and designed by Yuki.
Which still doesn't make much sense. While I totally believe that Yuki is insane enough to look at a milkshake and think "penguin", the first thing she'd want building is her own personal Hayabusa-kun. And there's no sign that Kengo can come up with these kinds of things either. Yeah, he supposedly operated that thing that builds the switches, but the plans are already in the Rabbit Hutch's computer.

"Ooh ooh let's make little chicken nugget robots that all wander around in a line like ducks!"
"Err...why?"
"Because it'll be funny."
"Pass"
"Because...we can put cameras in each of them and relay the footage back?"
"We've already got the burgerdroids, and I still can't believe you convinced me to make those."
"Look sunshine, you're a reclusive weirdo who constantly faints and I'm the only girl who lets you within six feet of her. If you ever want to touch boob you'll build me MY GODDAMN CHICKEN NUGGETS ROBOT!!!"

They... it wasn't like they bought those items :P That's like saying "How could they afford the W-driver?!". No, they got it from Shroud. I thought that W was the only show that got it right, or made it seem less like TOYS, more like gadges that they actually needed sometimes. Altho Wizard makes sense as well.
Shroud made the plans and sends them to the office, but the show made it clear that Phillip makes them himself following her instructions. How many lost pets do you have to find to be able to afford the anti-gravity hover system apparently fitted into the stag phone? And while I can see that a flying camera or a grappling hook that secures itself properly would be useful things, why would it be useful to own a cell phone that flies away or a really bulky pair of binoculars that also make a fantastic trip hazard as they slowly wander around the office?
 
I think the idea behind the Foodroids was originally supposed to be that they were like mini-Transformers in that they were disguised so that you wouldn't be surprised to see a regular high school student holding one of them in their "food" state, but then they could be used for support if danger arose. Considering that, originally, it was just Yuuki and Kengo trying to fight Zodiarts in secret, and Kengo barely able to use the Power Dizer, I don't think it's really that far fetched.
 
I'm on board with the whole fruit thing, but the driver's design looks a tad bit odd to me. I'm all for asymmetry, but I guess it's the sheer amount of negative space on the right side and the really gigantic 'sword' on the left. Not to mention how superdeformed the sword is. Reminds me of cooking toys you give to kids... Not imposing in the slightest.

Other than that, the locks look pretty neat.

So, how's this going to work? Button combinations? Chips? Electronics in each lock? While I'd hope for the latter, it's most likely gong to be a button press thing.
 
Must...save...money...for RENT!
Must..resist urge...to...immediately...buy DRIVER!

You make posts like this every year at this time. Seriously, I don't think the Gaim gear thus far is a "must have". Heck, I've been wanting the Ryuki belt and card decks and the W Gaia Memories for years, and I still haven't thrown my money at them.
 
So, how's this going to work? Button combinations? Chips? Electronics in each lock? While I'd hope for the latter, it's most likely gong to be a button press thing.

I am 100% certain that the Lock Seeds are the source of electronics (Engine Soul / Gaia Memory Style). Also, the scans suggest that the action of opening and closing the lock activates the name of the fruit it represents (just like a Gaia Memory).

The Sengoku Driver doesn't look bulky enough to host any electronics and the opened locks have lights inside as well so I guess it will work like the W Driver that just press buttons inside the thing.

Even though I don't like this way of Key Item (you have to buy the whole collection to have the complete belt) I must admit that it is effective and can last way longer than the series period (hell, they are releasing new Gaia Memories)
 
<SNIP>
Shroud made the plans and sends them to the office, but the show made it clear that Phillip makes them himself following her instructions. How many lost pets do you have to find to be able to afford the anti-gravity hover system apparently fitted into the stag phone? And while I can see that a flying camera or a grappling hook that secures itself properly would be useful things, why would it be useful to own a cell phone that flies away or a really bulky pair of binoculars that also make a fantastic trip hazard as they slowly wander around the office?

I tried watching Double two years ago and the Memory Gadgets, Revolgarry and Phillip's look turned me off. It took me forcing myself to watch the show to see it through and in reverse order: I really like Phillip, despite the ridiculous wardrobe (poor chap), the Revolgarry feels tacked on and over the top silly, and the Memory Gadgets are a distraction and super toyetic contrivance, but not in a good way. I think the psuedo-Memories could have been cool if they worked to give Shotaro (I guess Phillip too) "civilian powers" while wearing the Double Driver. An easy example: Shotaro uses the Frog psuedo-Memory to throw mimic someone's voice to infiltrate a voice-activated security device or do whatever the frog did in the Puppeteer epsiode.

On to Gaim, do you suppose given the Yggdrasil thing and the seeming a bit disconnected from the other Riders (despite the whole toy line thing) and the fact that they are getting power by breaking through dimensional walls anyway might mean that Gaim takes place in a W-Wizard parallel universe?
 
1077102_671653879530229_328964467_o.jpg

DX Sengoku Driver toy catalog

get hyped gaiz
[HIDE]
Segoku Driver
PPASsOL.avif
Lock Seed Holder w/ Pineapple Lock Seed
x9P1YK4.jpg

Sengoku Driver & Holder Special Set
eLyLc1I.jpg

Grape Lock Seed Kamen Rider Ryugen Set
4A0CKns.jpg

Strawberry Lock Seed
KN9X4vy.jpg

Watermelon Lock Seed
SzBZwou.jpg

Mango Lock Seed
I1UKk5v.jpg

Kiwi Lock Seed
CLxqq6y.jpg

DX Musou Saber and Melon Lock Seed Set
2DJAo62.jpg

Arms Change 01 Daidaimaru
jtefy5U.jpg

Arms Change 02 Banaspear
tdTl6GF.jpg

Arms Change 03 Grape Ryuhou
OdoBFzx.jpg

AC 01 Gaim
ztlc7t3.jpg

AC 02 Balon
GwC5OU8.jpg

AC 03 Ryugen
PNU1I5Y.jpg

AC 04 Pineapple Arms & Strawberry Arms Set
oJTLDQc.jpg

AC 05 Zangetsu
m8yvsNF.jpg

AC06 Mango Arms & Kiwi Arms Set
tN5DVFo.jpg

DX Watermelon Arms
XQc83ul.jpg

Lock Vehicle 01 Sakura Hurricane
mYK5AaZ.jpg

Lock Vehicle 02 Rose Attacker
dFul2BP.jpg

Remote Controlled Sakura Hurricane
IASjavk.jpg

RHS Gaim Orange Arms
XqPd6Nu.jpg

RHS Balon Banana Arms
nr6796I.jpg

RHS Gaim Pineapple Arms
G4UCbbv.jpg

RHS Ryugen Grape Arms
3oslS4H.jpg

RHS Zangetsu Melon Arms
kULyQNI.jpg

Gaim Strawberry Arms
LQIhG3X.jpg

DX Wizard & W Lock Seeds
W43cIG4.jpg

DX Fourze & OOO Lock Seeds
rhkABQI.jpg

EX Legend Rider Arms Set
wSsG1Bd.jpg

Kamen Rider Gaim Roulette Battle
rCjEfKp.jpg

Shooting Battle Action
oGsDtEx.jpg
[/HIDE]

Worth noting is that the Lock Seed Set with W, OOO, Fourze, and Wizard is called the Movie Lock Seed Set, and it summons Arms based off of them.Possible Movie War forms?

I'm gonna admit, this is looking pretty cool. it's a bit odd how many Lock Seed's are being sold on their own, but I like how the Driver is customizable to represent each rider, and that the bikes are based on flowers. third, like I thought, the two main items are going to be the Sengoku Driver and the Musou Saber

also of note is that they're really going for a Japanese feel here, as they're using traditional Japanese names for the fruits that have them. so far, we have Ichigo Arms for strawberry, Budou Arms for grape, and Suika Arms for watermelon
 
I'm gonna admit, this is looking pretty cool. it's a bit odd how many Lock Seed's are being sold on their own, but I like how the Driver is customizable to represent each rider, and that the bikes are based on flowers. third, like I thought, the two main items are going to be the Sengoku Driver and the Musou Saber

also of note is that they're really going for a Japanese feel here, as they're using traditional Japanese names for the fruits that have them. so far, we have Ichigo Arms for strawberry, Budou Arms for grape, and Suika Arms for watermelon

but orange arms is still in english
 
but orange arms is still in english

People in Japan don't call orange Daidai anymore, it is an old name.

They are not going full on Japanese like our friend mentioned, they are only using the names japanese people currently use like Orenji, Ichigo and Pine (for Pineapple).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top