I liked him when he wasn't a god
I guess I am the only one who actually liked Ghost for the most part.

The ending was less than what I had hoped for, and I feel like we never got the full story behind Edith and what Alain's family was trying to accomplish. We got the gist of it and most of the details, but I feel like there was still something missing... Not to mention bringing up the details about Takeru's mother went nowhere.

But other than those very minor things, I had fun along the ride. I honestly feel like Toei might be getting much closer to finding that perfect blend between dark and fun. :)

I liked it a lot! But I feel that it was nowhere near as good as it could have been. I get the impression that Toei basically gave up on it, and that frustrates me a lot

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
I am in the "I liked Ghost, for the most part" camp here, too, and at the risk of drawing the ire of the majority who appears to be hating the show, I say it was... a pretty alright series, overall. There's few issues I have with the show - though one of them is it being called "Kamen Rider". (Much as I have the same issue with Gaim or Ryuki, for example)
I think it might've been better to detach Ghost from the franchise, it doesn't feel all too fitting, I personally think.

With that being said, my favorite part in terms of writing continues to be how the plot strings could flow in their own direction before once more coming all together. Adel was the kind of villain you weren't meant to like (like a villain should be), but at the same time, his redemption seemed a bit rushed. Bleh.

Ex-Aid's cameo served only one purpose to me, to not be looking forward to that show. Can't QUITE put my thumb on it, but something about the whole thing majorly bothered me.

D

Dr Kain

I guess I am the only one who actually liked Ghost for the most part.

The ending was less than what I had hoped for, and I feel like we never got the full story behind Edith and what Alain's family was trying to accomplish. We got the gist of it and most of the details, but I feel like there was still something missing... Not to mention bringing up the details about Takeru's mother went nowhere.

But other than those very minor things, I had fun along the ride. I honestly feel like Toei might be getting much closer to finding that perfect blend between dark and fun. :)

I need to ask. One of the main reasons I quit so quickly was because I felt like the camera angles just kept changing way too quickly and scenes were too quick as if the show was being edited by someone with ADHD. It was giving me a headache. Did they fix that or did the show stay that way the entire time?

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Ghost is a fascinating watch, to say the least.

The main criteria in judging this series for me is how intentional or non-intentional the whole structure of this season was for its creators.
Ghost is probably the most uniquely constructed Rider series since Hibiki, since most of its plot and characters go through their character development in… some pretty strange ways.
Takeru’s “hero journey” don’t really have anything to do with other plot stuff if you think about it, but surprisingly it works in a grand scheme of things and affects other characters in a very subtle way. Same can be said with Specter’s storyline. After his initial arc, he mostly serves as a foil for other characters, but at same time it doesn’t really feels that he’s useless or unimportant. …Actually, I think Spectre may just be the very first Rider-“macguffin” in the show’s history. At least for the middle of the season.
Alan’s arc is absolutely fantastic and really the highlights the plot’s complexity of this season. It might just be the best arc any character had in the show, since… probably Faiz-Blade days. Or at least among the best. He sadly kinda “just there” for the good chunk of the series, after his development is over, and he really could have used an upgrade or another form to keep up with other Riders.

By the way, plot is REALLY good. Despite pretty shitty editing (especially in the middle of the season) and quite a lot of pretty mediocre acting, I honestly was pretty much engaged for the entire season and wanted to know where Ghost would go next. And he managed to go through A LOT. I can’t remember any Rider series (except for Gaim, of course) to be that heavily serialized. Fillers always had portions of an ongoing story, which led to the big “episode events” at the end/start of each arc, so everything had a proper build-up. Hell, even fights usually had something going for them, since pretty much everything had its proper power-level, i.e. after a couple of fight Ghost learns which of his forms are effective against which Specter’s forms (main hero is actually learning, holy ****. I just realized they don’t really do it that other in Kamen Rider) or that Gammaizers can be destroyed SPECIFIALLY in Deep Specter/Mugen forms (or did they drop that in the final episodes? I think Necrom managed to kill a few Gammaizers). These details here and there are really neat and help to be more invested in characters and their fights.

Ghost also had a relatively small number of characters, which helped a lot to give them proper attention… for the most part. I really felt like all Riders, Akari, Onari, Emperor, Adel, Igor and even Gyro were fleshed out enough really good… but the rest of the characters really could have used more time and/or development. Especially Kanon, Edith, Javel, Alia and Yurusen. They all were quite interesting, but sadly lacked quite a lot development.
What I really dislike is this whole timer thing. It honestly felt they had no idea what to do with Takeru’s time limit, since he died THREE TIMES over the course of this season. I didn’t really mind his “death-and then-booster upgrade from daddy” thing (but I think it could have been executed better), but going through almost EXACT plot point for the Mugen is a bit too much for me.

This whole thing with dying and coming back to life was a mess from start to finish.
Another thing I really didn’t like was all that deal with the “15 Heroic Eyecones”. Yes, I like Tomokazu Seki, he’s a really talented voice actor etc., but he just ruined them all. I never could take these guys seriously, mostly because they sound like they're acting in a parody of Kamen Rider. Would it be so hard to hire additional voice actors? Make them like Engines in Go-Ongers or something?
It's also evident that they really had budget problems. Most of Gammaizers didn’t even get their own forms.
But then again… it is kinda original, that Ghost doesn’t go through defeating EVERY Gammaizer, before they start uniting and/or trying different tactics. It honestly feels like the villains are learning from experience.

So as I said: I don't know if most of this intentional on the writers' part or just a lucky coincidence, but at least the final result is interesting.

Sadly, the finale feels lacklustre and rushed, despite all EVA/FMA references. Mostly, because bad guys went through almost the exact same plan twice.

I could go on about things I like or dislike about this season, but I think, despite all problems, Ghost is absolutely worth a try, because for me good stuff is really good.
I feel like that if not for Gaim, Ghost would be the best Neo-Heisei season. If nothing else, for the heavy serialization and Alan’s character arc.

Did they fix that or did the show stay that way the entire time?
Editing was a legit problem throughout the entire series, but it had gotten better near the end, because all characters were more or less in one place, so there was no need for that much editing.

Even when Ghost did stated slowing down in the middle, I still enjoyed it. While some didn't like the idea that Takeru was revived, at least they stuck with it until the end. Because for me, once something is introduced, it needs to be followed up instead of dropped. Which was my issue with Kiva.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Even when Ghost did stated slowing down in the middle, I still enjoyed it. While some didn't like the idea that Takeru was revived, at least they stuck with it until the end. Because for me, once something is introduced, it needs to be followed up instead of dropped. Which was my issue with Kiva.

One thing in the last episode that's left hanging is
the implication that Ayumu is Takeru's son, as well as the question of why he came from Ganma World, how he acquired a Gasshat, how he knew of the existence of Ex-Aid and Genm ... etc. Maybe that will be the plot of Movie Wars although I hope not. We've already done the whole "future child" thing with Drive (Surprise Future wasn't even that successful a movie!) and the new Movie Wars will probably focus more on Ex-Aid since he's the current Rider, so any Takeru-related plot is likely to be sidelined.

Although, this episode was directed by the director of Movie Wars Genesis and the Rider-1 movie. It's likely he will also do the next Movie Wars, so it's possible that IS the plot ...

Also irritated by the "Ha ha, Genm beat up Specter, Ex-Aid is sooooo much better than Ghost!!!!!" I'm seeing around. Genm's a villain. He acted as a villain. It's not Toei pandering to you by "Proving that Ex-Aid has stronger Riders." (Genm will probably beat up Ex-Aid, Brave and Snipe several times ... and Takeru and Emu will be friends in Movie Wars.)

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
So, wait, for someone who doesn't read magazine scans or such... who the f*ck is Genm? @~@

I need to ask. One of the main reasons I quit so quickly was because I felt like the camera angles just kept changing way too quickly and scenes were too quick as if the show was being edited by someone with ADHD. It was giving me a headache. Did they fix that or did the show stay that way the entire time?

I am pretty sure others will have to answer this for you. Kamen Rider IXA all ready gave you an answer. The camera work never really bothered me. Maybe I am just use to it or maybe other shows have built up to the camera work seen in this series, but it never really registered with me in any way. Nothing really hindered my ability to enjoy this show.

I'm only replying because you quoted me and I felt like I should say something. But just to clarify for anyone who may be wondering, I'm a very laid back person and I tend to like A LOT more things than most others. It usually takes quite a lot or something extreme for me to outright not like a show, movie, etc. And even when I find something I don't like overall, I can still find some small things I like about it regardless. So it's REALLY hard for me to EVER say something like "This sucks. It's complete garbage. Don't waste your time." That's just not me. :coolshades:

The Rider that looks like a purple Ex-Aid

A Rider which looks more balanced than Ex-Aid's color scheme, but I'm hoping the show actually does better than Ghost overall. Not just by my standards, but by many other fan's standards. Here's to the next under dog! :thumbs:

Lurker
One thing in the last episode that's left hanging is
the implication that Ayumu is Takeru's son, as well as the question of why he came from Ganma World, how he acquired a Gasshat, how he knew of the existence of Ex-Aid and Genm ... etc. Maybe that will be the plot of Movie Wars although I hope not. We've already done the whole "future child" thing with Drive (Surprise Future wasn't even that successful a movie!) and the new Movie Wars will probably focus more on Ex-Aid since he's the current Rider, so any Takeru-related plot is likely to be sidelined.

Although, this episode was directed by the director of Movie Wars Genesis and the Rider-1 movie. It's likely he will also do the next Movie Wars, so it's possible that IS the plot ...

Also irritated by the "Ha ha, Genm beat up Specter, Ex-Aid is sooooo much better than Ghost!!!!!" I'm seeing around. Genm's a villain. He acted as a villain. It's not Toei pandering to you by "Proving that Ex-Aid has stronger Riders." (Genm will probably beat up Ex-Aid, Brave and Snipe several times ... and Takeru and Emu will be friends in Movie Wars.)

Specter deserved to get his ass kicked.

I'm pretty depressed about Ghost overall :/ People are saying that it's supposed to to be a kids show filled with messages, and I'm actually okay with that. Ghost was at it's best when Takeru was growing and having characters of the day with messages. We already had two Kamen Riders that had a continuous storyline..... But then Grateful happened... Mind you, the show didn't piss me off until it was apparent that the show kept using Ganmizers. The ending actually would've been cool, had it not been for the show's issues beforehand.

If there's one character I would rather concentrate all my hatred to, it would be Makoto. Worst. Secondary. Rider. Ever. Seriously, the show can't decide what to do with this tw**.