5.jpg

If the old Emperor made the Ganma world for his family, where the hell are they now and who are all these other people?!

This week: Shibuya and Narita don't get to go on adventures, the Ganma footsoldiers become glass cannons capable of destroying their own commanders yet unable to withstand a single punch from Kanon(!), Igor goes out with rather a fizzle, Makoto nearly bites it, and of course villain redemption equals death.

I'll be blunt. This episode sucked. Everything about it was rushed and half-assed, and all emotional scenes were a complete dud.

The conclusion to the Makoto clone subplot made the whole thing feel pretty inconsequential (I would have honestly preferred it if the real one HAD died, the arc would have then meant SOMETHING).

Adel's death was utterly weak. We just can't have a redeemed big bad face the consequences, can we? It's a goddamned cop-out.

The Ganmeisers are some of the most uninteresting villains in Kamen Rider history. They never felt properly explained, their immortality made them completely boring since we know they'll just come back (and it's such an obvious cost-cutting measure to reuse the same suits over and over again), and now they want to break free of humanity suddenly? Um, okay? Who cares?

Lesson learned: Takaro Fukuda was an extremely poor choice for head writer on a Rider series. He allowed the story to stagnate for several episodes, so by the time he had to write the finale, none of it worked because he had to cram everything in there. He clearly had a plan for maybe a 25 episode series, but could not make a yearlong series work. ****, I'm getting tired of these Rider shows that just can't stick the damned landing.

So, next week is the real final episode before we get our elongated ad for Ex-Aid (that will probably be ignored in this year's Movie War) instead of at least one more episode to properly flesh out this story. Ugh.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
If the old Emperor made the Ganma world for his family, where the hell are they now and who are all these other people?!

Shouldn't that be utmost easily be inferred from the plot itself? Most of the family died off, obviously, and the rest of the people are probably the ones found decaying in those capsules.

With that being said, aside from the cop-out that's Adel's supposed redemption, I personally have little in the ways of an issue with how Ghost's plot's been going. I fairly liked it, and in particular how the three Riders' stories could do their own thing yet always find together again later in a way that didn't feel too contrived. :B

Shining~
- So, why are they taking Kanon into this?

- Slaps can stop Adel's control that easily? XD

- Yeah, Igor being killed by mere footsoldier feels weird because just a minute ago we saw freakin' KANON easily defeating the footsoldier........and even with the whole "concern" thing, him suddenly protecting Akari is weird too. Not to mention it has next to no impact because Igor is dead as a Ganma Eyecon, meaning we know he's still alive with his real body somewhere.

- Oh hey, the camera shakes when Alain hit that pole-like thing in the red room.

- ...........yeah, the real Makoto should have died. Just like Igor's "death", the whole thing ends up having no impact, especially since there's no clear explanation on why did he saved the real Makoto. He just suddenly decide to save him. We do have hints of him getting the real Makoto's feelings, but that's not enough.
Usually in a plot involving clone, the clone ends up dying to save the original with a clear reason shown, like that one episode in Zyuohger just recently. But in this one, it would've made more impact if the real one died, since they never bother showing exactly why the clone should save the real one.

- Irritating, of course. You're being intimately hugged by a guy xD

- Okay, even I already forgot the Sorrow feeling and Sorrow Break hasn't been shown yet. And it shows up now of all time. I should have remembered based on the episode title lol. They always put the feeling in episode title if it shows up in the episode. But I don't think we've seen Love feeling and Love Bomber.....that's the only one left

- So how did the old Sage and Freya ends up there?

- ....oh, the next episode preview mentioned love. Love feeling and Love Bomber on next episode, then. But the episode title doesn't mention love xD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
You know how Edith was a Ganma Ultima, now he can't fight as Dark Ghost because he's old just for the sake of some comic relief? Pleaaaasee.

Would have preferred if the real Makoto died and the copied version lived as him as an identical copy.

Fucking hell, I forgot about Dark Ghost. What a damned waste of time. They already did this joke last year with Kamen Rider Jun, and it was actually better despite still not being very funny.

Oh, and Freya was built up for what reason again? Just to be sacrificed to the Ganmeisers or something and we still don't even know exactly what she is? Fukuda has lost all control of this story.

Worst rider series ever...

That is unfortunately still Wizard's position.

Some thoughts:
- I did like the scene where Takeru beats the **** out of Adel. It was Alan's best moment in the show when he stops Takeru.
- I kinda wished the real Makoto would have died and clone Makoto would take his place. THAT would have been a better redemption story with real Makoto finally letting go of his control over Kanon and entrusting it to his clone.
- I understand the whole "we are family thus we accept you" kinda thing but it still feels underserved. They tried to use the hug move from the beginning of the show to redeem Adel but after all he did it is kinda hard to do so. He is not a character like Gamou or Heart that did evil things but had redeeming qualities.
- Random Freiya?

The whole thing (considering episode 49 as well) felt super rushed and we kinda knew this was coming, they were stretching a full day for 5 or 6 episodes previously after all. It seems like they were making the script as they were going because there are so many things that were just... there, that detracted from the overall quality of it.

It is still, nonetheless a cute show that teaches kids about the value of life and how to deal with loss and in that I think it still one's up Wizard but, gosh I can't wait for Ex-Aid.

^ Wizard's definitely the worst of the post-Decade shows. I'd still rank it higher than, say, Kabuto or Den-O.

Honestly, post-Decade Rider as a whole hasn't been that up to snuff. W and Gaim have been the best of them, and the rest are varying degrees of wasted potential. All for the sake of being zany and merchandise-heavy.