Lurker
What's Jiro Chiba doing these days?

A friendly reminder: This movie is called "Super Hero Taisen" again, and Igadevil said both Sentai and Rider are top billed. I hate to say it, but I don't want them to shove heroes other than Riders here.

Though if they get Miyachi, we MUST get a scene with Aoranger, Big One and V3. Zubat too if possible.
As brief as it was, Miyachi got to voice them all for Spring of 2011.

I think the reason it has the Superhero Taisen label is to include the all car Sentai team up. I mean, now is the perfect opportunity.

Kamen Rider Klock
I think the reason it has the Superhero Taisen label is to include the all car Sentai team up. I mean, now is the perfect opportunity.

It would make a lot of sense. I mean, I'm pretty sure GP in the title is a not-so-subtle reference to a grand prix.

Guillotine Gorilla
People who complain about Shōji Yonemura should remember the presence of Takayuki Shibasaki as director for this one, who by far is the one person behind all the good parts of Kamen Rider Taisen.

One at least gets the impression that Yonemura really is just working for the salary here

Last edited:
Orange
A new old rider... Interesting. Although I do wish it was something more along the lines of First and Next. those designs were amazing renditions of the classic suits. I understand the need for nostalgia, but it'd be great to just modernize the suits so that they don't look so dated.

Although I do wish it was something more along the lines of First and Next. those designs were amazing renditions of the classic suits.

This design is modernized though. Look at the extra armor (shoulder pad, knee pad) and different chest design. The First/The Next suits would look kind of odd next to others, with the exposed neck, open collar and loose leather jacket. This seems to be a modernization more keeping with the standards of tv Rider. Rider 3's undersuit even looks like it might end up resembling Kabuto's undersuit, with the black leather mimicking light armor (Of course, this is assuming that they'll use leather for the undersuit, but I don't see what else they'd use, considering the texture on his legs and arms joints. It's certainly not just cloth).

Orange
This design is modernized though. Look at the extra armor (shoulder pad, knee pad) and different chest design. The First/The Next suits would look kind of odd next to others, with the exposed neck, open collar and loose leather jacket. This seems to be a modernization more keeping with the standards of tv Rider. Rider 3's undersuit even looks like it might end up resembling Kabuto's undersuit, with the black leather mimicking light armor (Of course, this is assuming that they'll use leather for the undersuit, but I don't see what else they'd use, considering the texture on his legs and arms joints. It's certainly not just cloth).

You're right, Kamen Rider 3 does have some upgrades in terms of styling in this concept art. My mistake, what I meant was that I am hoping that the other Showa rider's will get upgrades to their suits, however unlikely that will happen.

You're right, Kamen Rider 3 does have some upgrades in terms of styling in this concept art. My mistake, what I meant was that I am hoping that the other Showa rider's will get upgrades to their suits, however unlikely that will happen.

Well, if there's any will at all to upgrade them, it should happen now, since they could basically reuse Rider 3's mold, remove the chains, and repaint him to make new suits for Rider 1 and 2.

Edit: You know, with these Rider 3 news, I wonder if we'll eventually see a "Kamen Rider Spark". That's technically just Stronger's early name, but they likely could use some early design or story ideas to differentiate them.

Last edited:
Well, if there's any will at all to upgrade them, it should happen now, since they could basically reuse Rider 3's mold, remove the chains, and repaint him to make new suits for Rider 1 and 2.

Edit: You know, with these Rider 3 news, I wonder if we'll eventually see a "Kamen Rider Spark". That's technically just Stronger's early name, but they likely could use some early design or story ideas to differentiate them.

That would be something if they start looking back at some old ideas that were dismissed and use them as a way of revealing a lost part of the franchise.

Heroes are forever
Old Riders have gotten upgrades in the form of new and updated materials being used for their suits. The thematic of the suits themselves has not gotten a redesign, but they certainly look modern in comparison. They modernized them without changing the image.

Outside of suits Riders get new powers and new ways of displaying those powers (except for Kuuga who got a whole new form, but many just say that's Onodera!Kuuga, and the original has no such form), such as X-Rider's treatment in the recent spring movie.
Or small modifications that imply they have gotten an upgrade off-screen, such as Hongo's inclusion of the TRC logo into the belt as Ichimonji had.

And of course, updated Henshin effects.

You know, before Fujioka finally came back out-of-suit, I was convinced they would one day bring AU Riders 1 and 2 (not like THE FIRST, these ones would look the same), or a Rider that has a similar theme as them (such as this #3) to show a modern version of their transformation, because they couldn't (or didn't want to) get the original 2 back.
I think one of the reasons Hongo got the Rider 2 Henshin (with the TRC logo cover and the camera zooming away to show him while the belt produced the multicolored waves, which was a camera angle only Ichimonji got) was because Sasaki might not come back for a Henshin.

And yes, I honestly believe Rider 3 is their way of introducing a redesign version of their suits into "main canon" without having to change their original image.

Personally, I never have been and never will be opposed to a new form for any of the first fifteen Riders (what I have been against is Final Form Rides for them, which is so close to happening after they've already been turned into collectibles and Gaim wearing Rider 1's face in his chest). Giving them a new form in no way disrespects the original image since it's just that, a new form, and it's not a permanent upgrade that will change how they look from now on. Whenever they come back they would be in the outfit they're remembered the most since it's still their default form, just like we don't immediately see Kuuga in Ultimate or Den-O in Climax/Liner. If one day we get Ultimate Forms for all the first 15 that would be fantastic, but I think it would work a lot better if their original actors were involved, Riderman and Stronger exempt of course (Stronger already has an ultimate form anyway!).