Lurker
Power Rangers is in english.
And I can buy it and watch it easily.

Sentai is in japanese.
If I buy it it costs a **** ton more because I have to import and I need a player for that region (what is it, 3 or 2...or is it 1)
Also if I want to understand it I either need to learn japanese or get subtitles from the internet.

that is the difference.
They're both shows about badasses/idiots who fight monsters in bright colored spandex.
It's like comparing comics to manga...they're the same thing essentially, just culturally different.

As is the force

You seriously need to re-watch Star Wars dude

I seriously don't.

I've never been a fan of Star Wars to begin with.

And I'm sorry but the force doesnt power Giant Mechs.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Besides, I think you confused the Morphing Grid with the Biofield. All I remember hearing about the Grid was that it encircles the planet & powers the Ranger tech. The Biofield was the whole thing with the lifeforce of all living things being interconnected.

As for PR VS Sentai? Honestly, I didn't even like the original PR. I only like the 1998-2004 PR, with the exceptions of Mystic Force & RPM. Now, those series weren't too bad, although I didn't like how the cast of RPM beyond three or four characters was handled & there were a lot of unanswered questions & open ends at the end of it... but, I guess PR isn't known well for that sort of thing. As for Sentai, **** if I know, I get a horrible-childish-show vibe every time I try to watch one. All I see are permanent smiles, horrid acting, bright colors & explosions. At lest PR tries to put a coherant story to it & make it somewhat believable & serious.

Some kind of Beast mode
Simple, all powers that transform you into a power ranger use the morphing grid to power it.

The ancient stuff means that ancient humans or whatever could pull from the grid, Mystical means that that power is drawn directly from the grid (Think the spells in Mystic Force. In fact I think Mystic Force is the best example of showing what the full powers of the morphing grid could be. All the spells and things they pull of are just energy harnassed from the morphing grid.

As far as technological, well that's easy. Instead of using spells or "magic", the grid is tapped directly, using technology to enhance the morphers power.

The morphing grid is a power source, not an output device.

The Morphing Grid has always sounded so tech-ish to me though. Idk, your explanation is 50/50 to me. lol

SLICE
The Morphing Grid is pretty much just what makes a Power Ranger a Power Ranger.

It's what some one who taps into it is called.

HOW they do so, be it through a device or magical means, differs, but the end result is always a Ranger.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
As for Sentai, **** if I know, I get a horrible-childish-show vibe every time I try to watch one. All I see are permanent smiles, horrid acting, bright colors & explosions. At lest PR tries to put a coherant story to it & make it somewhat believable & serious.

Is this based on the 2000s Sentai or the older ones? 80's and 90's Sentai is the total opposite in terms of quality (excluding the 2nd half of Ohranger).

I highly recommend Jetman if you don't want anything childish or close to it...if you haven't seen it already.

Some kind of Beast mode
Is this based on the 2000s Sentai or the older ones? 80's and 90's Sentai is the total opposite in terms of quality (excluding the 2nd half of Ohranger).

I highly recommend Jetman if you don't want anything childish or close to it...if you haven't seen it already.

This is correct.

Lurker
I like both. They are both great shows. I do prefer Super Sentai, partially due to Sentai being the one doing most of the leg work in creating the show, and partially because I like the stories in Sentai. However, I do enjoy both. I will always prefer the Power Rangers that very different from Sentai. I had the pleasure of watching Dino Thunder on the NickToons marathon and I enjoyed how unlike Abaranger was and the obvious effort the Dino Thunder team put in to make a new show (I've been watching too much Samurai). Just my thoughts.

Power Rangers is already in english, so I don't have to wait for fan sub groups to pick up my favourite series.

Yeah, that is Power Rangers' biggest advantage to Super Sentai this side of the pacific. Does inspire us to learn Japanese, doesn't it? :laugh:

Super Sentai Hero Getter
Super Gekiranger
Kakuranger ED
Gokai Zenkai Dash
Gotcha Goseiger
Dekaranger Action
SWAT Dekaranger
and more.

Heck yeah. I personally love the Go-onger theme, but I can listen to any of them. Power Rangers' record is not as good, but they got quite a few good ones. Favorite: Jungle Fury (2008 was a good year for Toku music in my opinion).