Mad Skillz
And a male giving birth to a monster isn't gross and inappropriate?
It's something that can be played more for humor or just bizarre quirkiness since it can't actually happen. Getting Megumi pregnant and having her give birth to a monster just for a one off episode seems like it could open a whole crate of worms.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Well, remember that single motherhood is still highly frowned on in Japan. Even something like ShinkenPink being a kindergarten teacher is risky, some Japanese people think it an inappropriate job for a single woman because it implies she may not wait for a husband before having children (there was some discussion on this when Shinkenger was airing.) So I can see why Toei would be reluctant to have one of the heroines get pregnant, even if it's an obvious monster of the week plot. I don't think they'd even put a female Ranger in a situation like AbaRed's. Mahoro got away with a pregnancy plot because she was married

Lurker
Possibly. Considering that Liveman and Go-Onger are one of the few Sentais that don't have a Pink Sentai warrior.

There wasn't a Pink senshi in Sun Vulcan (of course, since it was an all male team of 3), Jetman, Kakuranger, Gaoranger, Hurricanger, Abaranger, or Gekiranger, either.

Well, remember that single motherhood is still highly frowned on in Japan. Even something like ShinkenPink being a kindergarten teacher is risky, some Japanese people think it an inappropriate job for a single woman because it implies she may not wait for a husband before having children (there was some discussion on this when Shinkenger was airing.) So I can see why Toei would be reluctant to have one of the heroines get pregnant, even if it's an obvious monster of the week plot. I don't think they'd even put a female Ranger in a situation like AbaRed's. Mahoro got away with a pregnancy plot because she was married

All ShinkenPink talked about was to have a family ,so it's funny that it would be risky. What they need to do is spur controversy and start up a social revolution there that is desperately needed because although they claim to be so advanced , they would think farther advanced.

Hell, for how bad America might be with their censorship, we are definitely more lenient in social matters than what is portrayed in the mainstream news which could be just exaggerations and leaning politically. In Japan,you have a tattoo , they screw you over. If you are a foreigner , you are screwed over regardless if you are innocent or not. Then if you happen to draw hentai for a living, oh why not take his freedom of expression and business away from him?

While America as a nation still has a big problem with racism it's an inherent problem of any multicultural nation and empire throughout history especially modern that has roots in Radical fundamentalist thought from a primal fear of the unknown exploited for hatred. Granted , American media needs ALOT more diversity and granted , we need to be even freer to explore the so-called "controversies" of this day and age especially when it comes to the flawed ratings system for films and TV,regardless if it's animation and live action.

While it's well meaning to want your daughters to not be single, to force that belief on others is just abhorrent and acting like a primitive Patriarchal/Matriarchal society. While the traditional model of two parents should he upheld, I don't believe it should be enforced by any governmental body other than as a legality to help couples if need to separate. Nor should single parenthood as a very young age be glamourized either.

Then again, parents need to be more involved in their children's lives and take an active role rather than let the media and government teach them. We all seen what happened in Nazi Germany and in Soviet Russia.

But to get back to Liveman, I have only seen the first episode.

Lurker
It's the Asian values system. The discussion of social stigma is a social stigma upon itself. But because of the Internet, it is definitely less frowned upon now.

All ShinkenPink talked about was to have a family ,so it's funny that it would be risky. What they need to do is spur controversy and start up a social revolution there that is desperately needed because although they claim to be so advanced , they would think farther advanced.

Hell, for how bad America might be with their censorship, we are definitely more lenient in social matters than what is portrayed in the mainstream news which could be just exaggerations and leaning politically.

I think many would argue that American censorship has gotten more lax over the decades, what with can pass for TV and movies now. Even being exclusively on cable isn't much of a barrier anymore.

In Japan,you have a tattoo , they screw you over. If you are a foreigner , you are screwed over regardless if you are innocent or not. Then if you happen to draw hentai for a living, oh why not take his freedom of expression and business away from him?

What? There are plenty of tattooed people in Japan. And no one seems to take hentai seriously, at least in the West. To them it's just "Ooooh I love those crazy, perverted Japanese!" I don't understand how stuff like hentai and adult film can be looked down upon (and I would tend to agree with that) and yet at the same time be so heavily marketed and consumed by both Japanese and foreign audiences. People say Japan is so open and tolerant of even the most egregious things. Really? I find it rather hard to believe the average Japanese wouldn't have a problem with at least one of these things, despite what the media and Internet portray.

While America as a nation still has a big problem with racism it's an inherent problem of any multicultural nation and empire throughout history especially modern that has roots in Radical fundamentalist thought from a primal fear of the unknown exploited for hatred.

Come again? I might agree with the first point, but probably not in the same sense as you.

Granted , American media needs ALOT more diversity and granted , we need to be even freer to explore the so-called "controversies" of this day and age especially when it comes to the flawed ratings system for films and TV,regardless if it's animation and live action.

Diversity of opinion, yes. I agree. That's the only diversity that should matter.

While it's well meaning to want your daughters to not be single, to force that belief on others is just abhorrent and acting like a primitive Patriarchal/Matriarchal society.

How exactly do you force that though?

While the traditional model of two parents should he upheld, I don't believe it should be enforced by any governmental body other than as a legality to help couples if need to separate. Nor should single parenthood at a very young age be glamorized either.

Agreed. Though I think government should encourage it, and make it easier to achieve.

Red Falcon
While i am not really a big fan of either Sai or Bison and Live Boxer is one of the most blockiest robo i have ever seen (i pretty much prefer it in its individual form and when combined to become Super Live Robo) ... They do have a great robo theme :buttrock:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCeuCcFl7T0"]????????? Live Boxer no Uta - YouTube[/ame]

Lurker
What? There are plenty of tattooed people in Japan.

Um, nope. In most Asian countries especially Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore the general public associates tattoos with gangs. Even more so in Japan and Hong Kong where the Yakuza and Triads use tattoos as symbols of belonging, rank and hierarchy.

Um, nope. In most Asian countries especially Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore the general public associates tattoos with gangs. Even more so in Japan and Hong Kong where the Yakuza and Triads use tattoos as symbols of belonging, rank and hierarchy.

Incidentally, those are the only cases where I tend to let tattoos slide.

But the way the media portrays it, you'd think there are people with tattoos and/or dyed hair all over the place.