Mad Skillz
This is something I've always wondered about, does anyone know what the story behind those two is? It doesn't really seem like they were planned to be in the show from the get go and I've heard it was a last minute thing to boost popular opinion of the show, but I'd like to know if anyone knows what was the real story.

I think they were added cause they wanted more characters to have to deal with so they wouldn't have to end the series early

MagiFanboy
If I had to guess, it was to justify the inclusion of the Live Boxer and Super Live Robo.

Red Falcon
Maybe because Liveman being the 10th Super Sentai series to air during that time (before Goranger and JAKQ was added to the mix) the decision was made to bring in 2 new members midway through the series thus to boost popularity of the show

Banned
This is something I've always wondered about, does anyone know what the story behind those two is? It doesn't really seem like they were planned to be in the show from the get go and I've heard it was a last minute thing to boost popular opinion of the show, but I'd like to know if anyone knows what was the real story.

Where did you hear that?

Would like to change his avatar
I haven't really read anything official, but I always thought that...it seemed like Liveman was stuck in a bit of a rut, and they just threw the two new heroes in as a way to jazz things up and enliven things again. The sad thing is, having the siblings of the two dead friends is a frigging GREAT idea, but more thought and planning needed to go into the writing, because it just ended up being pretty pointless. And they definitely needed to put more care into the casting -- those two guys are just terrible.

I've seen quotes from Daisuke Shima where he said that he, Nishimura and Mori didn't like when the other two were brought in, so I think that says that adding two more people wasn't planned.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
So Ahim and Don could have someone to transform into during the Liveman tribute.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Possibly. Considering that Liveman and Go-Onger are one of the few Sentais that don't have a Pink Sentai warrior.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Possibly. Considering that Liveman and Go-Onger are one of the few Sentais that don't have a Pink Sentai warrior.

It's a lot more common now for there not to be a Pink in Sentai - if there's just one girl on the team she's usually a Yellow now. I think it ties in with Toei's belief that boys just won't want to buy pink merchandise