Why were Black Bison and Green Sai added to Liveman?

No one seems to take hentai seriously, at least in the West. To them it's just "Ooooh I love those crazy, perverted Japanese!" I don't understand how stuff like hentai and adult film can be looked down upon (and I would tend to agree with that) and yet at the same time be so heavily marketed and consumed by both Japanese and foreign audiences. People say Japan is so open and tolerant of even the most egregious things. Really? I find it rather hard to believe the average Japanese wouldn't have a problem with at least one of these things, despite what the media and Internet portray.

I think that the way that Japan (& probably Europe) works is much different than the way America works, such as porn stars (?) making appearances on children's shows like Sentai (look at such villainesses like Keglaishia, Shelinda, & Shibolena). This is what I'm talking about so that you wouldn't get confused:

Link.

In America, people portray things like this as an awful thing, & demonize the actresses for it (just like some posters there are doing), where as in Japan, they don't, just like some posters said that on page two of that thread in which Japan doesn't care about nudity & sex & doesn't demonize actresses the way that Americans do.
 
Last edited:
So are you saying Japanese society has no problem with porn or the porn industry? I find that rather hard to believe. I've heard that Tsuburaya has a high standard for who gets to star in Ultraman shows, so it can't be that they don't care about these things.

And regarding those three actresses, what exactly counts as porn? I don't think Kei Mizutani for example was in any hardcore videos. By porn are we referring to adult videos in general? Or specifically people having sex on camera?
 
So are you saying Japanese society has no problem with porn or the porn industry? I find that rather hard to believe.

Nope, they don't have a problem with it.

And regarding those three actresses, what exactly counts as porn? I don't think Kei Mizutani for example was in any hardcore videos. By porn are we referring to adult videos in general? Or specifically people having sex on camera?

Probably mostly adult videos &/or softcore porn. Here's one of the links talking about it:

Link.
 
Nope, they don't have a problem with it.

So the same culture that doesn't care if you're promiscuous on screen and make a career out of it will look poorly on single women caring for or giving birth to children (as was discussed in the Liveman thread)? That makes no sense at all. If a kid got his hands on a porn video, his parents wouldn't mind?
 
Incidentally, those are the only cases where I tend to let tattoos slide.

But the way the media portrays it, you'd think there are people with tattoos and/or dyed hair all over the place.

Yeah and ripped Asian men on par with the Hulk with mohawks riding motorcycles in chain gangs in a deserted wasteland while the women strangely do not have a single traits.

Then you'd think every Asian can use martial arts do a deadly degree, are ninjas or can do strange supernatural things...and if not that , they are at school where the girls wear these super skimpy outfits and men are all lolable or super smart sociopaths like Kira...

That would be my impression of Asia if I only consumed their media.

In America, it seems like there is this national conspiracy of celebrity deaths where Detroit is seen as a hellhole outside of Hell, Michigan and virtually the majority of it lies in downright ruin plagued by outright racism and death.

Then nationally, every teenage boy is expected to have his pants on the ground, no nothing but rap ,drugs and heavy metal and are all supposed to fight each other in gang fights while girls are promoted to giving birth at really young ages , be total sluts and look like complete utter aliens with artificial features. Older men are either supposed to be GQ pinups or hairy Bigfoots who are downright hideous while women are expected to be sex objects . Oh and tattoos , scars and being completely stupid is the norm.
 
Most female "White" Rangers are basically Pinks anyway - they have typical Pink personalities and a lot of pink on the suit and mecha. (White Swan was renamed Pink Swan for one of the dubs; the Philippines one, I believe.) The only real White Ranger in the franchise was NinjaWhite

Sorry, late reply.

But nope, Ninja White is still the pink ranger of the Ninja Sentai Kakuranger team. White Rangers in a team that started off with five are meant to be the pink ranger regardless of whether or not they have white or act girly. Their isn't a strict rule on how the colors can act. Time Pink in Timeranger was just as serious as Ninja White, if not more serious. Doesn't matter what a dub calls them, White Swan is a white ranger and Gao White is a white ranger as well.

The teams these days that don't have a pink ranger are teams that started off with three, Go-Onger included.
 
nope, Ninja White is still the pink ranger of the Ninja Sentai Kakuranger team. White Rangers in a team that started off with five are meant to be the pink ranger regardless of whether or not they have white or act girly.

What? Who decided that all of a sudden? Her suit color is white so, she's a white ranger.
....
I suppose by that logic, Change Mermaid is a pink ranger too? :sly:
 
Last edited:
But nope, Ninja White is still the pink ranger of the Ninja Sentai Kakuranger team. White Rangers in a team that started off with five are meant to be the pink ranger regardless of whether or not they have white or act girly. Their isn't a strict rule on how the colors can act. Time Pink in Timeranger was just as serious as Ninja White, if not more serious. Doesn't matter what a dub calls them, White Swan is a white ranger and Gao White is a white ranger as well.

I'm sorry, but the colors don't mean a damn thing (except maybe for Red = hero).
How can you compare Pink Five to Change Phoenix, for example? Deka Blue to Blue Three? Ki Ranger to Abare Yellow?

I suppose by that logic, Change Mermaid is a pink ranger too? :sly:
Actually, she would be light blue (like her symbol).
 
You guys are missing the entire point of my post. I'm saying Ninja White is the pink ranger of Kakuranger, just like Ninja Black is the green ranger of Kakuranger. Sentai series uses different colors green/black, pink/white. Change Mermaid would be their yellow ranger.

Masorick, you missed Their isn't a strict rule on how the colors can act. part of my post. If you didn't, you would know that I'm saying not all colors act alike.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top