This is something I've always wondered about, does anyone know what the story behind those two is? It doesn't really seem like they were planned to be in the show from the get go and I've heard it was a last minute thing to boost popular opinion of the show, but I'd like to know if anyone knows what was the real story.

Just looking at the toys, the Twin Brace had red, yellow and blue stripes on the right half, but no black and green ones, even after Tetsuya and Junichi join the team. And I don't know if they ever released black and green chips for the Brace, like what Red, Yellow and Blue have.

Would LiveBoxer have still been introduced without them though? Toei had already started introducing second robos with Flashman, yet Bison Liner and Sai Fire are designed after their respective animals.

I think it ties in with Toei's belief that boys just won't want to buy pink merchandise

Well, do they?

Why not have another female White? It's been 10 years since the last.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they were added last minute just to add more to the show. But like Shougo said, it didn't do much with them. But thankfully, it was late in the series so it wasn't anything detrimental, and the ideas were neat. :)

Well, do they?

Holy crap you're right! :O_O:

Well, there was MagiMother. But she counts as a Bangai Hero. So yeah, it's been 10 years. Actually, soon to be 11 years now. Gao is turning 11-years-old? I feel old! :p

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Well, do they?

I don't see why they would, but on another thread cypsiman2 suggested the idea of boys not wanting to buy girl figures or merchandise might be a self-fulfilling prophecy, and I think there's some truth to that

Most female "White" Rangers are basically Pinks anyway - they have typical Pink personalities and a lot of pink on the suit and mecha. (White Swan was renamed Pink Swan for one of the dubs; the Philippines one, I believe.) The only real White Ranger in the franchise was NinjaWhite

Welcome
Just looking at the toys, the Twin Brace had red, yellow and blue stripes on the right half, but no black and green ones, even after Tetsuya and Junichi join the team. And I don't know if they ever released black and green chips for the Brace, like what Red, Yellow and Blue have.

Would LiveBoxer have still been introduced without them though? Toei had already started introducing second robos with Flashman, yet Bison Liner and Sai Fire are designed after their respective animals.

Well, do they?

They released the stickers for Black Bison and Green Rhino in a special magazine while Liveman was premiering.

Would like to change his avatar
And I don't know if they ever released black and green chips for the Brace, like what Red, Yellow and Blue have.

I've seen an ad where you had to send in for them. I remember seeing Green's on an auction once -- I think they're VERY rare. But who would want them, anyway? :laugh:

Am I the only one who thinks these characters really weren't that bad? :sweat: They were just underused. However, they also remind me of Go-on Black and Green, and I know a ton of people here don't like those two either

Their similarities end at them having the same colors and joining the team later. Beyond that they're nothing like Hanto and Gunpei. Even if Junichi is a kid, he doesn't make it annoying to watch like with Hanto.

One episode though I would say they shouldn't have been used was when Junichi gave birth to a monster, and this is right after the duo's debut. Seriously? You have a girl on the team, she's the obvious choice! Maybe they didn't want to go with obvious, but it was still a dumb idea.

Would like to change his avatar
You have a girl on the team, she's the obvious choice!

That would have been...a little gross and inappropriate, I think.

It certainly wasn't the ideal way to get Sai started out of the gate, but I think the point of it was Volt, with their super-duper genius abilities, found a way to make something impossible like a man's getting pregnant possible. Just something to prove their intellect and mess up people's day, you know?

I got into Star Trek a couple of years ago, and was surprised to see an episode of Enterprise where the male engineer character, Trip, gets pregnant by some weirdo alien species. So...I don't know, it made the Liveman idea seem less dumb to me. :laugh: Hey, if it was good enough for Star Trek...

I think they might have considered that too inappropriately sexual, so they used a male character to make it a little more surreal. Although it was still gross since Junichi's the youngest ...

And a male giving birth to a monster isn't gross and inappropriate? It's one thing if the monster was a parasite and then ate or its way out, or escaped through some other passageway, but actually making the man "pregnant"? And then be referred to as "Mama"? No thank you.

Besides, Metalder had a female monster (Wisdom) with a human alter-ego get pregnant by another monster Hedegross (without a human form) and give birth to a monster with a human face. Granted, we didn't see the birth but it happened.

It certainly wasn't the ideal way to get Sai started out of the gate, but I think the point of it was Volt, with their super-duper genius abilities, found a way to make something impossible like a man's getting pregnant possible. Just something to prove their intellect and mess up people's day, you know?

Perhaps.

I got into Star Trek a couple of years ago, and was surprised to see an episode of Enterprise where the male engineer character, Trip, gets pregnant by some weirdo alien species. So...I don't know, it made the Liveman idea seem less dumb to me. :laugh: Hey, if it was good enough for Star Trek...

Well from what I've heard, Enterprise isn't exactly the zenith of the Star Trek franchise...