Which Showa Kamen Rider had the best design?

KRLover

Member
I'd put this thread in VERSUS: The HJU Poll Forum but there are too many options for a poll:sweat: . So which of the Showa Kamen Riders had the best design to you.
 
If we're defining Showa as everything up to ZX then my vote is for Kamen Rider 2 in his original design.

If we're defining it as everything before Kuuga then my vote is for Kamen Rider Black.
 
Kamen Rider 2 is what I think of when I think of Kamen Rider, and his design is definitely favorite, I also love Rider 1's sakurijima (hope I spelled that right) version with the red eyes and darker colors.

I also think X Rider looked really awesome, his chest plate it to this day one of my favorites. I bet they won't have to change much if he gets First/Next'ed.

On the flip side of that, even though I dearly love Stronger, his is the worst showa design in my opinion.
 
If we're talkinga bout Showa, then I'm gonna say Black as well.

But if it is an option, I'd like to vote for KR: The First. I loved the redesign of the original costume.
 
Black and RX. Most of the pre-Black suits (Skyrider and Super-1 less so, though) are dreadful.

I think in terms of their basic visual design for the 1 and 2 work even if the materials used in the show to pull them off were rather crude. Though the leather suit look from the beginning of the show worked fine if not better than the cloth jumpsuits they got later which is probably why they did that for the First. Though I can sympathize with the simple fact that jumping around doing stunts in full leather on a summer afternoon cannot be the most fun day of shooting a stuntman could experience.
 
I love any of the pre-BLACK ones, especially later-series Skyrider (pretty much Rider perfection) and any variation of Rider 1 & 2.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top