What do your other Friends think of Toku?

I'm not quite sure whether my best friend likes it or not - she was really into GARO and Sh15uya, and seems to harbor feelings for Magiranger, but she hasn't kept up with Den-O or is interested in watching Mebius with me. :(
However I've also converted another friend, who is now my fellow snarky commenter, and I got yet another friend to watch the Mebius movie...

Everyone else I just never speak of it with them. They'd instantly brand it as "Japanese Power Rangers" and trying to differentiate it would take longer than they have the attention span for.
 
My friend C. only likes GARO cause he likes darker storys but, he just says it dumb, he dosn't label it as Japanese PR.
 
well, I've a gang of friends from Singapore who loves Tokusatsu and we always hang out whenever I go to Singapore during the holidays.

As for my school friends, only my besties don't mind having a friend like me who watches such shows. Others might think I'm childish.
 
Most call it Japanese Power Rangers (that includes Kamen Rider, GARO, Chouseishin, etc etc etc)...so to call it even, I call Gundams...EVAs. :laugh:
 
My friends relate it to Power Rangers, which is understandable because its the closest equivalence that we have here. They sorta make fun but then I pull the Guyver card and they all remember that fondly.
 
My friend once saw Kabuto's pic on my computer and thought it was power rangers while another friend saw Kabuto's cast-off and rider kick and called it "weird but cool".
 
Most of them thinks it's a bit childish, some don't care and I'm trying to get the most open to it to start watching.
 
one of my friends got hooked on,cause he likes PW.The others thinks its like PW but cooler but not interesting enough to get hooked like my first friend did.One even said while watchin Kabuto its: power rangers for preteens.....who dont wanna accept that Disney bought their fav show so the turn to Kamen rider instead.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top