Watchmen the Movie -Talkback [Now Open to Spoilers!!!1]

  • Thread starter Thread starter kC
  • Start date Start date
I sit here and read all these different reviews of the movie and how things don't fit together and yadda yadda, and I can't help but just quirk my eyebrow.

I'm going so far as to say I think Haley did a better job as Rorschach than Heath Ledger did as the Joker...

Well a few things don't fit together, like look at Laurie. Snyder cut out enough from Laurie's character that she really has no reason to hate the Comedian with the passion she did by the end. You have to assume that scenes like the party in the comic happened in the movie for Laurie to have that complete disdain that would cause a mental breakdown by the climax, and as a movie thats a very far stretch on what you have to assume.

Gonna have to agree with that, Rorschach has flaws in the movie (ie how he's all Rorschach and hardly any Walter Kovacs thus it loses the complexity and characterization) but it has nothing to do with JEH's spot on performance.

I read Alex Tse's solo script (Co-Writer along with David Hayter of the final version), it's mostly what you see in the movie and I must say its...sub par. I can see why Snyder would like Tse's over Hayter's (aside from Hayter's cheesy ending), Tse's script is a script that changes hardly anything so it feels like some fanboy that doesn't wanna change anything because he's a fan but throws in filler so it doesn't seem like that. Seriously Tse's script is riddled with pointless scenes that add nothing to the plot such as Veidt flying a helicopter.

I've yet to read the Hayter/Tse final script but I'm sure it'll be close to Tse's. If you change Hayter's cheesy ending and rework Hayter's script out of the 2006 setting into in the 1985 setting I'd much prefer that over the other two. Hayter understood the point of the comic and made the changes necessary that will make it work as a movie, do justice to the comic, and keep the general themes, point, and essence of the comic. Copy pasting the lines from the comic directly to the movie isn't doing the comic justice necessarily.

No, no, no. The Punisher: Warzone was not a stupid bad action movie, it was a damn good Punisher movie. I know this is Off-Topic but I felt the need to defend the only Punisher movie that came close to the comics it came from.

I saw it, and thats what I got with it, a stupid bad action movie. Yes its close to Punisher, actually no just Punisher Max specifically, but it doesn't make it a good movie.
 
Last edited:
Oh yeah and the theatre was so packed me and my friends had to sit in the very front row. :laugh:

But IT WAS STILL BANGIN. :buttrock:
 
Definitely, although its flawed as a movie its still a very enjoyable and fun movie.

Except Watchmen shouldnt be seen or enjoyed as simply a popcorn movie. I definatly wouldnt encourage any fresh, curious audience to settle for a crap movie, I'd tell them to read the animated graphic novel or in it's original form.
 
Last edited:
Well a few things don't fit together, like look at Laurie. Snyder cut out enough from Laurie's character that she really has no reason to hate the Comedian with the passion she did by the end. You have to assume that scenes like the party in the comic happened in the movie for Laurie to have that complete disdain that would cause a mental breakdown by the climax, and as a movie thats a very far stretch on what you have to assume.

This isn't asked sarcastically: Did I miss something? I thought it was obvious that the reason why she'd hate the Comedian in the movie is cuz he tried to rape her mother. :sly:
 
Yeah I'm pretty sure that if I learned I was a rape baby (not too sure if thats the exact case, but might as well be.) I would've had a breakdown too.

Really the only thing about the movie I didn't like was the voice they chose for manhattan. They could've changed his voice, made it sound harder and more inhuman.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top