D

Dr Kain

the chairman is from Tiga's universe, he knows way too much and acting like he's seen a lot of this before.

And again, don't forget that Reina is Kengo's mother, who was also in the original show and they even mentioned her exploits in that in the first episode.

Formally known as Bennu
The concept behind Kengo's "Smile, Smile!"

h6kdlyezq7c71.png

Last edited:
The opening theme was good, but is no Take Me Higher. Oh I can't wait to hear that glorious song a million times come Oct when Mill Creek's DVDs come out.
Eh, I've never understood what all the fuss was about with Take Me Higher. It's a pretty generic eurodance song from that time period. It's just that rather than let the Italian guy who originally wrote it release it, they translated the lyrics and got Daigo's actor and his band to sing it.
As for continuity, Tiga clearly happened as they talk about him appearing and Reina is Kengo's mother. Makes you wonder if Daigo is his father, which means Daigo better show up later or I'm calling bullshit!!
I believe I read that the two characters names are spelt using different characters in Japanese. Until we something more concrete, I'm not yet sure they are doing anything more than sprinkling in similar names as homages. For example, the name that Kengo gave his plant is the same as the name of the ancient civilization in whose ruins the Tiga statue was found in that show.

Though part of my reluctance to regard her as being Rena could just simply be because Tsuburaya have told that story before a couple of different ways.
There was a Tiga Gaiden in which Daigo and Ren's teenage son becomes Tiga.
Rena's actress also appeared five years ago in the Ultraman X movie as a new character - an archeologist who uncovers an ancient artifact that turns out to be a Sparklence variant - which her young son uses to become Tiga.
Why did Gemn stop subbing Saber? Who is doing the subs for it?
IIRC real life just got in the way. One of their team needed to start working more hours and couldn't continue. At first it seemed like it was only temporary, but they've only done two episodes since, taking them up to episode 20.

In terms of numbers of downloads, the most popular seems to be Izu Subs. However I've heard that their subs kind of ignore characters' speaking patterns so everyone sounds the same. They also apparently have a habit of shortening names, so for example when a character says "wonder ride book" the subs just read "w.r. book." Again, that's just what I've heard from other people; I haven't really watched their work.

The subs I have been using during my catch-up were from FlameSubs. They are much more like a continuation of the Genm Corp subs (though without the text effects Genm had started using). They can be found on "the cat site." IIRC episodes 21 and 22 were just the sub files that you had to attach to a raw video yourself. It was only from episode 23 that they started making them as soft-subbed video files.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Why would I care if the subs ignore speaking patterns or not? The purpose of subs is to tell me what the characters are saying, not how they are saying it. I can hear their speaking patterns just fine. This isn't a dig at you, but that seems to be a very weird complaint. In fact, I tend to find it distracting when subbers try to add in slang to match their dialog.

Anyway, I think FlameSubs is who I got the special from, so I'm good. I'll just wait until OZC Live does Blu-Ray scrubs before I even attempt download Saber.

Now back to the Trigger, I'm not sure how the names are spelled differently. I haven't seen any of the characters from Tiga have their names in English in the show itself yet.

For some reason, I thought it was Iruma's actress that was the mother in the X movie, not Reina's.

As for Take Me Higher, it's because I love the composition. The music is simply superb and far better than most of the opening songs that have come out in the last decade. In fact, Take Me Higher is the only Ultraman song from the Heisei period I remember off the top of my head. I don't have a single opening from any other Heisei series memorized. Well, maybe I do for Orb's, but I have to think really hard to remember it.

I'll just wait until OZC Live does Blu-Ray scrubs before I even attempt download Saber.
I think their latest stuff is being called Non-actionable Fansubs.
I don't have a single opening from any other Heisei series memorized. Well, maybe I do for Orb's, but I have to think really hard to remember it.
Max and Mebius are more memorable for me. And a good chunk of the New Generation shows. But Tsuburaya didn't have many memorable songs at all back in the 90s.

S

scikaiju

they didn't keep that a mystery for long did they. Granted In Tiga I don't know if the plan was for the Captain( want to say her name was Izuma but I think I might be wrong) was going to be the descendant of that show's mystery lady all along or if it was something they decided on while writing Final Odessy but were three episodes in on Trigger. Granted they probably want to hype up the Eterenty core thing as the final story arc, but there had to be a way to bring in the core and keep the mystery going. Outside of that it was a decent episode and a good introduction to the treasure hunter, hopefully they'll keep him more of. Gray character instead of just having him join with Guts Select full time down the line.

D

Dr Kain

. Outside of that it was a decent episode and a good introduction to the treasure hunter, hopefully they'll keep him more of. Gray character instead of just having him join with Guts Select full time down the line.

As much as I love Basco here, I hope he's more than that. I also would love to see them make use of his English skills.

My other fear is that the three dark giants are going to turn good by the end of the series. They need to just stay villains from start to finish. No more of this redemption bullshit Toku shows have been pulling in the last few years.

Never seen Final Odyssey. I'll definitely do so when Mill Creek brings it out in Oct.

D

Dr Kain

Episode 4 sucked, but you know what sucks even worse? Next week is a FUCKING CLIP SHOW!!! What the **** do they need a clipshow for as episode 5??????????????

S

scikaiju

It felt like they were trying to up the comedy for this one to me. Like Kengo being called out for the inappropriate use of his "Smile, smile" catch phrase. i don't think it worked. Outside of their little alien metron buddy not recalling exactly were he (?) saw those markings on ingis's face which seems to indicate we're going to hear about what I the third dark bu who's name escapes me at the moment exactly did to his people sooner rather than later. And I know about Final Odessesy's plot, I know not everybody has seen it but I'm guessing they've heard some of it's story points over the years, I'm wondering how much of that plot they're using for this story based on that dream.

As for next week, I' just guessing it's pandemic related. Somerhing to keep the episode count at 25 while keeping. Tysuburya from getting some sort of fine. At least they're focusing on the special attack teams. Granted they probably won't go past Ginga, maybe Mebius or nexus based on the clip shows from Z. But at least it's something new ccontext wise.