Back in Black
Yeah, my bad. I see your point. What were the ratings like for all these?

I read that Ultraman USA had costumes made for stage shows, so maybe that is a reason why they were used.

Another thing that's kind of weird is how Ultra Galaxy supposedly takes place 125 years after Moebius, but Moebius still appears as a young Mirai Hibino. Whereas after 25 human years the Showa Ultras are all old men :laugh:

Of course it's nice to see them back so often at all, so I'm not really complaining. But it does bring up something interesting: Ultramen are aliens, so they could just take on young human guises. They have more of an excuse not to bring back the Showa actors than Kamen Rider does, and yet it's Rider that continually shies away from it due to, apparently, the idea that cyborgs don't age.

SLICE
Well for most of the old Ultras they have human hosts.

Seven...just likes to age gracefully I guess.

I can't believe that the Hayata that appears in Ultra Galaxy Legends is the actual original that Ultaman inhabited on earth, simply because why would he be in the Land of Light? My assumption would be it's a taking of his form like Dan, in this case based on Hayata the last time they were merged (which I believe was a Mebius movie?)

SLICE
The current thing with the Ultras is up for debate, though it is possible the Hayata we saw in the Ultraman Mebius movie was just a host form for Ultraman.

Jack and Ace however are still fused to their hosts, permanently.

Silver Giant
I always had that doubt with Ultraman and Hayata...
By the way, why do the Ultramen leave the Earth after Mebius and Ultraman Brothers? Didn't they like it that much?

SLICE
I always had that doubt with Ultraman and Hayata...
By the way, why do the Ultramen leave the Earth after Mebius and Ultraman Brothers? Didn't they like it that much?

Well they were stuck on Earth up until that movie-afterwards they're all healed up...but the universe needs them.

So they go where they're needed, selfless as always.

We see this especially with Ultraman and UltraSeven, as of Ultra Galaxy. Ultraman is defending humanity in the far reaches of space, and UltraSeven single handedly stopped the Armor of Darkness from being a threat anymore.

Shyni
Hello. I saw Dyna and I know that he went into a wormhole and that the home of the Ultras could be seen from the Super GUTS ship.

So no Tiga?

Isn't Nagano from Tiga more popular than Dyna's actor?

Zero could have been made without dragging everything to his feet, no?
I guess if they were to bring back Tiga again, it would only be like Warriors of Starlight or Battles in Hyperspace where it's not really him, just some sort of eh... construct or something. Honestly, I'd rather they only bring back Tiga if they can somehow make it work story-wise for Daigo.
He appeared in a live action movie after the cartoon, but for reasons I can't recall, was struck from the M78 continuity it originally took place.
It was the Zoffy movie. Said movie might not have ever been canon anyway, considering that it presented a lot of unrelated stuff as if it were a single story. Basically a clip show like the first episode Retsuden, except the clips are misrepresented.

Another thing that's kind of weird is how Ultra Galaxy supposedly takes place 125 years after Moebius, but Moebius still appears as a young Mirai Hibino. Whereas after 25 human years the Showa Ultras are all old men :laugh:
It's possible that the Showa Ultras are old because they spent the years between 80 and Mebius without being able to use their powers...?
The current thing with the Ultras is up for debate, though it is possible the Hayata we saw in the Ultraman Mebius movie was just a host form for Ultraman.

Jack and Ace however are still fused to their hosts, permanently.
I guess Hayata's status in relation to Ultraman depends on whether or not Revive! Ultraman is canon.

Back in Black
I guess if they were to bring back Tiga again, it would only be like Warriors of Starlight or Battles in Hyperspace where it's not really him, just some sort of eh... construct or something. Honestly, I'd rather they only bring back Tiga if they can somehow make it work story-wise for Daigo.

Well, using that ridiculous story that Tiga and Daigo are the same being and that Tiga originally is an evil Ultra, they can do that, but I really hope that Tiga is brought back without that. Just forget it ever happened, you know?

Shyni
Well, during the series itself, Tiga really was just Daigo using another form. The statue had no consciousness of it's own, and Daigo just took over... right? The show did make a point about how Tiga is completely human. There's also how Evil Tiga is only evil because of Masaki.

But yeah, the explanation that Daigo is the original Tiga is... strange, to say the least. He doesn't seem like he could have ever been a bad guy in any life.