Shyni
Well, yeah. Basically it emphasized how important Tiga's human side was. But anyway, Yuzare's line in the first episode made it clear that the giant was separated from its body, so the statue couldn't have had its own consciousness by the time Daigo found it. Also, I don't really recall any Tiga eps showing Tiga having a separate mind/personality/consciousness from Daigo, unlike how Dyna was able to stop Asuka from transforming. When Tiga was turned back into a statue, Daigo was shown to be in there all by himself, for one thing.

Well, Hayata was talking as if he really was Ultraman. He said something about how his purpose was to punish those who broke "space laws" or something. But, uh, did any of the episodes make it clear whether it was Hayata or Ultraman in control?

Back in Black
Daigo was told that he also was an Ultraman. Dyna didn't show much of his own consciousness. I think that was it with preventing the transformation. Daigo became a light inside the Tiga statue. The life force was in the statue.

I don't remember if there was an episode that emphasized "Ultraman is in control of Hayata" or the other way. Hayata acted like his regular self for the most part. He just strangely knew how to use some moves without previously doing them.

It seems that it was Ultraman who was in control of Hayate all along. In episode 39 after Ultraman returned to the Land of Light, Hayate regained conscious with his most recent memory being inside his malfunctioning aircraft from episode 1 before Ultraman merged with him.

Back in Black
It seems that it was Ultraman who was in control of Hayate all along. In episode 39 after Ultraman returned to the Land of Light, Hayate regained conscious with his most recent memory being inside his malfunctioning aircraft from episode 1 before Ultraman merged with him.

Hayata was in control? In the last episode is revealed that the ona that was making all the actions and in control of Hayata's body was Ultraman, Hayata didn't remember anything from the first chapter to the last.

His memory was erased when he was separated from Ultraman. That's why he didn't remember. It's not that he was unconscious while Ultraman did everything.

His memory of the time he was combined with Ultraman stayed with Ultraman. He only remembered the light and the ship.

There only were a few instances in which he did act strange, like when he knew how to use his powers without previously using them, but the basic structure of Ultraman and Hayata is followed in the franchise the same way except his memory loss.

Ultraman Gaia is good at explaining missing pieces like the actual science behind things and why an Ultraman knows how to use his powers without previously using them. The reason behind that was shown to be a connection in which Ultraman and and the host are naturally connected so much that the Ultraman's fighting style just flows when needed.

One of the things that I don't like about the original is that it just paces back and forth until the last five minutes or so and the creature is destroyed with a single decisive move. Like Z-Ton. He killed Ultraman and he gets killed with a tiny rocket thing.

Shyni
Excuse me but where was it ever said that Hayata lost his memories instead of just being unaware the whole time? I don't recall Zoffy saying that the separation process causes amnesia, or anything like that.