Transformers: The Dark of the Moon (NEW TRAILER IS OUT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
reeaally?? Really? It says "**** you"? Come on the original cartoon was nothing but robots kicking each others ass to a bare bones plot-of-the-day. How the **** do you come to that conclusion.

Remember that your precious G1 movie bombed in the theaters. RotF made nearly a billion in profit for the studio that produced it.

I mean stop for a second and look at what you, as fans, are being given! Live action transformers, cities being destroyed, mass carnage, space ships, the arc, the all spark, the god damn matrix, everything.

Is it the same lore you fondly masturbate to? No. But it does pay homage while saying "excuse me, I have some ass kicking to do."

Exactly, robots fighting each other, but this movie follows a kid who's efforts seem to go more on finding more stuff to complain than the actual plot. And when the battle does come, it's mostly the army fighting the robots.
 
I think your opinion is valid but I actually enjoy the military scenes. It brings the idea of transformers being 'real' to life. Because I like to see "how would the military handle this" type stuff. And you know there were human characters in the original cartoons right? I mean Spike?
 
reeaally?? Really? It says "**** you"? Come on the original cartoon was nothing but robots kicking each others ass to a bare bones plot-of-the-day. How the **** do you come to that conclusion.

Remember that your precious G1 movie bombed in the theaters. RotF made nearly a billion in profit for the studio that produced it.

I mean stop for a second and look at what you, as fans, are being given! Live action transformers, cities being destroyed, mass carnage, space ships, the arc, the all spark, the god damn matrix, everything. Look at that trailer dammit! Look at it! Imagine seeing that in theaters in 1980!

Is it the same lore you fondly masturbate to? No. But it does pay homage while saying "excuse me, I have some ass kicking to do."

EXACTLY!! Me and my friends didn't grow up with G1, we grew up with Beast Wars/Armada we don't complain that the movie doesn't look like those shows, we're just happy with Giant robots beating each other while buildings fall and people scream
 
I think your opinion is valid but I actually enjoy the military scenes. It brings the idea of transformers being 'real' to life. Because I like to see "how would the military handle this" type stuff. And you know there were human characters in the original cartoons right? I mean Spike?

As a "military fighting an alien threat" movie, they may have been ok, it would be fine if these weren't suppose to be a Transfomers adaptation.

And yeah the cartoon had Spike, but he was there simply to introduce the Transformers to Earth, but Sam is the center focus of these movie.

I could look pass how unlikable Sam comes off, the pointless romance, the nonsense in the plot and the plot-holes themselves. What I hold against the movie is that the Transformers are third tier character in their own adaptation.
 
reeaally?? Really? It says "**** you"? Come on the original cartoon was nothing but robots kicking each others ass to a bare bones plot-of-the-day. How the **** do you come to that conclusion.

Remember that your precious G1 movie bombed in the theaters. RotF made nearly a billion in profit for the studio that produced it.

I mean stop for a second and look at what you, as fans, are being given! Live action transformers, cities being destroyed, mass carnage, space ships, the arc, the all spark, the god damn matrix, everything. Look at that trailer dammit! Look at it! Imagine seeing that in theaters in 1980!

Is it the same lore you fondly masturbate to? No. But it does pay homage while saying "excuse me, I have some ass kicking to do."

You always seem to do this. We have talked about this before. Maybe this time, I hope, it will sink in....

Just because some of us don't like the Bayformer movies DOES NOT MEAN(sorry for caps but you really don't seem to get it)that we are G1 fanboys that jizz all over ourselves at the sight of Gen1 episodes.

That's fine that it made money. Your point? I guess it's that people loved it and it made money. Who cares? The Twilight movies made a ton of money. It's all a matter of opinion.

So we are being given live transformers.. So what? Myself I can't stand the way they look in robot mode. They are like distorted and twisted terminator clones IMO. The vehicles are great, but the robot modes suck. I also can't stand the cast outside Josh Duhamel. I think the ubber close-ups bay is known for DO NOT work when you are dealing with giant robots. Those close-ups make things near impossible to see. I would counter your points about each of those separate things, but then you would just call me a G1 fanboy and dismiss my feelings as you usually do to anyone that dislikes these movies.

I would think by know that you would get it. Get that NOT all of us that dislike these movies are G1 fanboys. Can I be any clearer?

As a "military fighting an alien threat" movie, they may have been ok, it would be fine if these weren't suppose to be a Transfomers adaptation.

And yeah the cartoon had Spike, but he was there simply to introduce the Transformers to Earth, but Sam is the center focus of these movie.

I could look pass how unlikable Sam comes off, the pointless romance, the nonsense in the plot and the plot-holes themselves. What I hold against the movie is that the Transformers are third tier character in their own adaptation.

Damn G1 fanboy. Your thoughts don't matter since all you do is masturbate to Gen1. :P

I think your opinion is valid but I actually enjoy the military scenes. It brings the idea of transformers being 'real' to life. Because I like to see "how would the military handle this" type stuff. And you know there were human characters in the original cartoons right? I mean Spike?

Then why have Decepticons. If you want the Military to take care of everything, then... Oh wait that's pretty much what goes on anyway. Yeah there were humans in the older toons. And even the newer toons. HOWEVER.... They were not there to be the primary focus since you know... It's called Transformers.. Not "The humans that are around the Transformers and the things they do"
 
Exactly, robots fighting each other, but this movie follows a kid who's efforts seem to go more on finding more stuff to complain than the actual plot. And when the battle does come, it's mostly the army fighting the robots.

Never really paid any attention to that kid anyway, so no loss for me.
 
Damn G1 fanboy. Your thoughts don't matter since all you do is masturbate to Gen1. :P

The funny part is that I don't think much of G1, I was too young to give it too much attention. So, while I saw G1, it's not were most of my fondest memories of Transformers are. I was however, old enough to appreciate Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron.
 
G1 isn't good...I said it. Beast Wars is better...i'm droppin mad knowledge now

IMO, Michael Bay's Transformers is much better than G1 (if comparisons between a film and a cartoon make any sense). So I don't really care about respecting the source material, I enjoy seeing massive fights for 2 hours:thumbs:
 
G1 isn't good...I said it. Beast Wars is better...i'm droppin mad knowledge now

IMO, Michael Bay's Transformers is much better than G1 (if comparisons between a film and a cartoon make any sense). So I don't really care about respecting the source material, I enjoy seeing massive fights for 2 hours:thumbs:

I don't think G1 was meant to be good, it was just a 22min long commercial just like GI Joe
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top