Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - TALK UP!

I feel that this film insults my intelligence. Now, say what you will about the franchise being for children, and that was the target audience. If that were true though then why the uber sexed up women in the film, why the "bitches" and "cuz you a pussy, yo" remarks?

This movie is ****, and I have no idea why I had any expectations of it being otherwise. Michael Bay revels in his shallow storytelling skills.

The transformers (you know, the supposed focus of the story) are given very little screen time, and you could use the old "the cgi costs too much" excuse, but there are ways around that. They could of been in their alt modes for some scenes etc etc. Instead of getting into the actual meat of the story. (who the transformers are..how their war began..what brought on the Fallen's actual fall from grace, what does it mean to be a prime) were treated to a sappy national treasure/notebook/college movie, that just happened to have robots in it.

I agree with that youtube review a few pages back. Movies like this have to stop being made. This is like being talked down to. Transformers can be done well. I point to the episode Code of Hero from Beast Wars, even the 86 animated film. With all it's animation errors, and continuity mistakes it was still a more compelling, concise narrative. And that's not nostalgia goggles talkin. Also if we're talking about supposed children's programming that doesn't pander to over protective parents I would cite Gargoyles, or the Batman animated series, the first film in particular.

I suppose what I am rambling on about is that this film is about as deep as a kiddie pool, and every apologist that says "you hafta just turn your brain off and enjoy it" is just proving my point. I go to films to be entertained, not to be numbed.
 
Last edited:
Just got back from a second showing. Gotta love free tickets. Anyone going into this movie looking for anything other than a popcorn summer action flick, leave your expectations and brain at the door. The point of the movie wasn't to make people think, it was made to entertain people. And guess what? Majority of the people who went to see WERE entertained.

You gotta into a movie with an open mind, and just let it take over. If you do that, you can get enjoyment 8 out of every 10 movies. The people who say "Oh, I know this will be a trainwreck, but I'm gonna see it anyway." Those type of people are those who won't enjoy. I urge you to go into this movie expecting fun.

Face it, a movie doesn't have to be perfect for people to enjoy it. It could have so many flaws and holes that you can fit Unicron through, but that's the world we live in.

Iron Man, Dark Knight, Star Trek all summer pop corn flicks. The difference between these and TF2, TF2 was put together by monkeys. The editing was horrid, the story laughable, the continuity beyond lame, it was a movie that was just bad. There was nothing fun about this movie.
 
Since Bay is an admitted anime junkie, that blatantly unfunny, pervy humour probably did go down a storm over in Japan more so than it will anywhere else.

Whilst I loved this movie, I won't object if anyone hated it either. Even I agree with this review

wait you liked the movie? You? Liked the Transformers movie that Michael Awesome Bay did?? Who the **** are you?

Anyways:

[hide]I loved the movie. The only problems I did have were the fact that some bots disappeared or appeared randomly. Wheelie was dropped right after the space bridge warp. He just disappeared. It was odd. Maybe I missed something, like him getting squished. I dunno. A lot was going on so its easy to miss things, I suppose.

Then there were bots likee Jolt? Was that his name? Just this random blue bot that showed up once or twice during the movie but had no real highlights or true interactions other than helping revive Optimus.

Then poor Sideways. There seemed to be build up or at least hype for Sideways and that poor fucker got owned. Arcee seemed just as much of a background character as the other bots and really, didn't get any highlight time.

I almost wish they would have simply stuck with the core bots and only added a few more so that they got focus. But regardless, the movie was bad ass. The humor was a riot, the Twins were fantastic, Optimus is a bad ass, and Megatron and Starscream bits scream G1.[/hide]
 
The humor was fart and penis jokes, and the twins were racist stereotypes. I am all for fart jokes, but not in a movie like this.
 
I like it and all... I thought was really really good but I did feel that for a movie that would garner a lot of young children, they could've toned down on the language just a bit. Even if they have heard all these words before... it was a little too much, especially because it was coming from the good guys. I could understand Megatron and his sidekick saying those kinda things bu the Autobots, come on now. PG-13 rated so it's whatever. Anyway, I enjoyed the movie.

BTW... did anyone else feel that chick that was really as Descepticon (probably spelled wrong) looked a little like Megan Fox?
 
The humor was fart and penis jokes, and the twins were racist stereotypes. I am all for fart jokes, but not in a movie like this.

were you expecting a beast wars-esque/G3 type story and tone?

You know as much as I enjoyed Mudflap, Skids, and Wheelie, I'm kind of reminded now of how much everyone kinda hated Wheelie and other annoying transformers like Blurr in the first place. :laugh:
 
I didn't see who voiced Wheelie in the credits, but the whole movie I thought he sounded like Starscream in Transformers:Animated.

It was kind of distracting, actually. I hate when "Hey! It's That Guy!/Voice" moments take me out of what I'm watching and trying to enjoy.
 
I liked this, although I think I prefer the first for quite a few more reasons. The first just had something special the second didn't.

It still amazes me once again, that Internet Transformer fans don't seem to understand, even after TWO movies, that this movie is pretty much solely made for kids born and raised in the 80s who watched the cartoon, not for the superfans who have watched every single Transformer cartoon ever. When the cartoon first came out, it was huge, it was the big thing of the 80s, no one gave a **** about the 'Japaneseness' of it or the 10 shows that followed it, most people probably don't even know the later existed. You are not the target auidence the Internet, you may be large in numbers, but you're completely outweighed by the regular people.

Kids on the other hand, they'll buy anything because they're stupid. Kids like Spider-Man 3.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top