Toys 'N Joys Question

I live in Hawaii and I've been to both of their locations.

I have to say their services sucks. They don't give a damn about you and are laid back and rather talk stories amongst themselves.

To make matters worse, they are college students that are cosplaying while working.

Remember, you guys are working with people from Hawaii. Hawaii people are lazy and laidback.
 
I live in Hawaii and I've been to both of their locations.

I have to say their services sucks. They don't give a damn about you and are laid back and rather talk stories amongst themselves.

To make matters worse, they are college students that are cosplaying while working.

Remember, you guys are working with people from Hawaii. Hawaii people are lazy and laidback.

You too?

:-)
 
I live in Hawaii and I've been to both of their locations.

I have to say their services sucks. They don't give a damn about you and are laid back and rather talk stories amongst themselves.

To make matters worse, they are college students that are cosplaying while working.

Remember, you guys are working with people from Hawaii. Hawaii people are lazy and laidback.

Brah, not ALL of us who live in Hawaii are like that...
 
Ive never ordered with them online because of all the horror stories, especially the ones about shipping to the UK :sly:

but if I ever go to Hawaii and am in a town where there store is located, I would definetly go in and end up spending every penny I have :laugh:

Ive been tempted to order from the site in the past a few times but ive pulled myself away, one time was bad because it was my girlfriend who wanted something from there and she was begging me to order it but I had to let her down :( I felt dead mean

And not all Hawaii people are laid back, I had a friend who was from there he was so cool! and Ridah Shunsoku is one of the coolest people on this board! :buttrock:
 
Wow, this reminds me of a game store in my area, till they got shut down by the NC Better Business Bueru.

The place was called Buy Rite Video Games, and from what i heard, due to overly huge massive complaints (like 360 something), the BBB shut them down back 3 years ago.

Heres just some of the sites:

Buy Rite suxz hard, by vgstores.com

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/buy-rite-games-bites-the-big-one.php

Apperently, my friend went in there to look for games and came across Panzer Dragoon for Saturn. He brought it up to the front and they sold it to him, but not before saying "Oh yea, we have an order placed on that game, but you can have it":sly: Im dead serious.

And heres just a sample of complaints, even this guy is going to beat the living crap outta the owners, or shoot them, over games:

m off to NC
Reviewer: Brent on Monday July 26 2004
Yes, since I have been made to wait so long with out my package, and due to a mass amount of phone conversations only giving me false information me and four of my friends have decided to take a little road trip on up to north carolina. were going to find this company and we plan on beating the ever living hell out of this guy, some say they heard he carries a gun, ha hes in for a big surprise.

Dude, that sounds serious:buttrock:

Ive only gone in there like twice, and the first time was when i bought a FFVIII Squall Keychain there.

Of course in my area the next best thing to a decent game store are Play n Trades, which i go to very often...
 
Last edited:
I live in Hawaii and I've been to both of their locations.

I have to say their services sucks. They don't give a damn about you and are laid back and rather talk stories amongst themselves.

To make matters worse, they are college students that are cosplaying while working.

Remember, you guys are working with people from Hawaii. Hawaii people are lazy and laidback.

toys n joys II sucks like no other XD... then again i'm usually going to toys n joys to check out their import game selections... and II usually doesn't carry much plus its tiny.. and they don't carry as much merchandise...even before the original one expanded into goodwill's spot

and about the cosplaying part... u have to remember what kind of store it is. lately they've been selling lots of cosplay equipment and costumes, so its almost like showing off their own goods.

dude u don't need to give us more stereotypes than we already have -_- .... although people from hawaii already have that stereotype up here on the mainland -_-
 
I ordered two items from that place once. After about a month I emailed to ask where my items were. Then a week later, one of the items arrived with no email response. I figured the other item must be on back order or something so I waited. I actually let two months pass because I had forgotten about it. When I realized I hadn't gotten my second item yet, I emailed again. No response, but the second item arrived a week later. Its funny, its like they forgot to send my order and I kept having to remind them.

Rather than lazy, isn't it more like people in Hawaii are generally really "comfortable"? But yeah, I've been called a haole or more than one occasion when I've been over there.
 
I ordered two items from that place once. After about a month I emailed to ask where my items were. Then a week later, one of the items arrived with no email response. I figured the other item must be on back order or something so I waited. I actually let two months pass because I had forgotten about it. When I realized I hadn't gotten my second item yet, I emailed again. No response, but the second item arrived a week later. Its funny, its like they forgot to send my order and I kept having to remind them.

Rather than lazy, isn't it more like people in Hawaii are generally really "comfortable"? But yeah, I've been called a haole or more than one occasion when I've been over there.

haha yeah...the guys in charge of the net orders are esp lazy...or so i've heard XD haha

its pretty easy to be called a haole...esp if u're white XD
 
haha yeah...the guys in charge of the net orders are esp lazy...or so i've heard XD haha

its pretty easy to be called a haole...esp if u're white XD

I'm Japanese, but maybe they saw through my yonsei banana peel exterior to the core of my California soul. :shakefist
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top