Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 31 - "Space Sheriff Gavan Arrives!"

Great episode, but I wonder why they're going through the trouble of keeping Enter a mystery? I mean we all know it's him.



maybe a part of him is a piece of Messiah... making the "mystery" part not so much Enter, but what lies within


Nobody is trying to replace Sentai. Sentai and I are just going out into the forest for a bit. Deep in the forest...with this shotgun.

J: *stands in front* I shall lead us to where you plan to take me
 
Sherry/Shelly becoming BFF with Yoko was cute, though the former turning into a bird...wat.
If I remember right, it was the power that the companion of the original Gavan had. She was also from the planet Bird.

I've only seen the first episode of Gavan, so I don't really have any nostalgia or love for the character (or indeed for the franchise generally beyond the fact that they provided the source footage for VR Troopers and Beetleborgs, both of which I loved as a little kid). Gokaiger vs Gavan was one of the better toku crossover films I've seen, but honestly I was looking forward to the return of Shinken Yellow's actress more than the new Gavan. This was enjoyable enough. It was more of a tease for Gavan; I think he'll be a much more central character next episode. If I'm going to judge it on the basis of whether I, as someone who isn't a fan, would like to watch the movie, then yeah it worked. If it gets fansubbed I'll give it a go. It's still friggin' retro as hell though, so I don't know if I could sit through a full series of him.

I think my lasting memory of Gavan so far is that he has such a low bike. That thing is ridiculously low! He's charging at your ankles!
 
I'm actually liking Geki Jumonji the new Gavan, he is more like the wild-type than Retsu the original Gavan, although Geki' screaming sometimes sounds funny, but love his "Laser Blade!" voice.

Is it just me or the Combat Suit transmission announcer sounds like Akibaranger's Alpaca? I realized that it's different voice from the one in Gokaiger vs Gavan.

Also, finally some bike fight in Go-Busters.
 
I'm actually liking Geki Jumonji the new Gavan, he is more like the wild-type than Retsu the original Gavan, although Geki' screaming sometimes sounds funny, but love his "Laser Blade!" voice.

I wonder if the new Gavan coming of as "wild" here wasn't just due to the writer being used to writing Space Detective Kogoro, a Gavan parody from Keroro. The initial segment where Geki jumped out of nowhere and started beating up Nick because he thought he worked for Markuu for no reason at all really reminded me of some of Kogoro's antics...
 
Last edited:
It's a great idea. So Toei won't even consider it.

It's not a great idea if Toei wants to do a new Gavan series or more Gavan movies. Why limit the character to being a supporting hero when he's the star of his own show?
 
Last edited:
I love the obvious 80's toku bike that Gavan was riding. Really felt out of place with all the new high tech gear the Go-busters sport.

I also think that Geki is good. If anything, hes an amazing fighter. I dont think we've seen an actor who is a competent fighter in a long time.
 
And the rating for episode 31 is here, with 5.1%.

Oh thank goodness! If it was below a 5.0 no one would be allowed to like it! :rolleyes2:


This was an alright episode. I really like Geki so far and look forward to someday being able to see the new Gavan movie.

The best part of this episode though ... finding out my homeboy is still in the game. :coolshades:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top