:O_O:F*** NO. I never read the twilight books, I read the hunger games books. I was agreeing that Twilight was overrated. I interperate movies as a movie goeir perspectrive. I only bring in the books if I read them before I saw the movies.
With BladeRunner I'll be honest any time I've tried to watch it I've fallen asleep. Blade Runner seems to be very, very into it's setting and I think I'm just not into its setting that much or aggressively setting driven stuff in general.
I think I just tend to enjoy characters more with the setting as a backdrop to what's going on with them and getting a sense of their world through them. But I understand that many folks enjoy getting every detail of a setting and immersing themselves in that.
I'd say if that's your thing then Blade Runner will work really well for you.
Someone here mentioned Gone with the Wind, and I couldn't help but think of this movie, as it tried too hard to be the Australian Gone with the Wind. It's obviously too long, too dragging and has one too many endings.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbJo6Uy3yAI"]Trailer for the movie Australia - YouTube[/ame]
Same here! I can recall at least three times I've tried to watch it either nodding off or completely falling asleep, having to finish it in pieces, which I hate having to interrupt movies. I bought the theatrical version thinking that would be easier to take -- nope.
I blame Ridley Scott. I also find Alien to be sluggish, but I do like the movie, and I think what really helps it is having such interesting actors to bring life to it. Everyone in Blade Runner -- android or not -- is lifeless. So, the monotonous performances with Scott's love of lingering on stuff...ZzzQuil.