Kamen Rider Wizard The Movie: In Magic Land Discussion Thread

inmagicland.png

So the movie is out on DVD and Blu-Ray now! What did you guys think? :)

Last edited:
Enjoyed it. Some explanation on that last ring Haruto used might have been nice but I already knew for months there wasn't one. I was surprised we seemed to have a physical suit for Orma's physical form. I also liked the double Rider Kick in the underworld

"Training."
Pretty sure they used that suit for the Orga Phantom in the Gaim x Wizard movie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Movie was pretty meh. This was more like a one hour long TV special, doesn't have the movie standard that it should have. In a way it felt like a weaker deliver than OOO Wonderful.

Too many silly effects, it just doesn't feel like a movie, the soundtrack wasn't working really well either. The whole story itself wasn't well written enough, like it was something that was made up on the spot and just refined for a bit. Seriously, go watch W A-Z again and you'll definitely know what I mean.

The good thing about this movie are probably the fight scenes, liked the flowery transformation into Infinity, but the final battle was waaaay too short? No climax or anything, once changed to Infinity, they just used their finishers within 10 seconds. No explanation to the Final Strike Ring, I'm going to assume because Haruto overcame his despair he created the ring himself or something. Didn't like the fact that Sorcerer and Mage have the Common Ring which could be used for any sort of effect, they didn't even bother to make Sorcerer change rings for Explosion and Dupe. But I do like them recorded more lines for the White Wizard Driver, though the toy doesn't include them.

One hour isn't really enough, the DC version will probably be better. The themes and characters just weren't developed well enough, Sorcerer's human form barely appeared, the Phantom suit appeared for literally less than 5 seconds. Also preferably there should have been an explanation of what happened to the world after Haruto left.

Pretty sure they used that suit for the Orga Phantom in the Gaim x Wizard movie.

Naah, Orga is a repaint of Phoenix, this one is a repaint of Minotaur.

I am one of the ones that really dislike Kamen Rider Wizard but I had great fun with the movie. I really enjoyed the Magic Land and how it was created (seriously, how can you dislike a land where Mayonnaise replaced fish?).

The plot was a little too thin and simple but it worked. There was a LOT of movie clichés in there as well which was kinda funny to see.

The only thing it makes no sense (Aside from the Finish Strike WizardRing) to me is [hide]is why Ouma was able to be a magician if he was a Phantom? If the series made something clear is that to be a wizard, one has to suppress the Phantom inside of him by overcoming despair.

And before people mention the White Wizard. Fueki was not really a Phantom, he created that Phantom form to be able to use magic. He was never a Gate or anything.[/hide]

I like how this movie doesn't interfere with the series (lack of) plot so it is actually cannon somehow. I give it a 8/10.

I personally really liked the movie, definitely better than the last two summer movies. :anime: In Magic Land was just plain, good old fun. Old school fun.

Why old school? Just cause of the alternate world they had going. Though it didn't conflict with the real Wizard story, it reminded me of those alternate ending movies we got back in the early 2000's and I really enjoyed that. Not to mention we haven't had Summer evil Riders in a while.

Pacing had issues in the start, but I was full invested when it started to pick up. Loved the concept of Magic Land, and seeing everyone become Mages. Haruto and Koyomi's interactions with everyone were pretty comedic. Nitoh is great as always, and fishing for mayo?! :laugh:

Story about Emperor Maya and Orma was pretty twisted (no pun intended). Though
I wonder why they went with the Maya is Sorcerer! Oh wait he's not... twist because the promotions made it pretty obvious that Orma was always going to be Sorcerer. Him being a Phantom kinda caught me off guard. His plan seems a little over-complicated for what he set out to do. :sweat:

Speaking of Sorcerer, loved him. Great suit, and every fight involving him was pretty fantastic.

Actually, yeah, I loved the action in this. It's like Sakamoto but with less wires and explosions. So glad we had a pretty legit bike scene and several great one-on-one battles (especially the final fight).

Shiina was alright. Mother-son story was better in OOO Wonderful IMO. Glad Banban got a couple of shots. xD And I'm pretty sure I spotted some suit actors in the Mage Squadron scene before they transform!

I could definitely tell where some of the footage was cut. I liked the movie, but the Director's Cut can only be better. Overall I want to watch this again!

Blade Adept
Having inexplicably decided to put the CGI fight in the middle of the flick, the movie's actual final climactic fight is...not really that climactic. I was expecting them to at least leave the room, but instead the usual God ring is pulled out at the last 10 seconds to abruptly kill the fight right there. Yaaaaaay...

Underwhelming to be honest. It feels like a two-parter put together that was slightly drawn out and given a slightly bigger budget.

I did chuckle at the fact that aside from having their faces shown for advertisement purposes in the trailers, the magic world's equivalents of Medusa, Phoenix and Gremlin show up only to beat up a little kid and get steamrolled easily by the riders a few minutes later.

So in this world, any Joe Schmo can transform into Kamen Rider Mage. Not too sure why, given that they only need to be magic-users. You'd have thought that the royal guards would at least have something more substantial than the usual Mage getups with a fancy cloak, in case the populace ever decides to rise up and revolt.