The Lesser-Known Toku Discussion Thread

Speaking of Specter...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7XQ_HtmXc"]Opening Spectreman Japan - YouTube[/ame]
 
You mean Mikazuki? It's been a long while since I saw it and I can't quite remember if I finished it or not. Still though if anybody ever wondered what it would be like if the creator of Garo did a mecha show, there ya go.
Sounds interesting. Somebody was raving about it in one of the threads months ago and I went to Hi No Tori to have a look, but it said I was banned from their downloads area (which is interesting as it was the first time I'd ever visited their site *shrugs*) so I never followed up on it.
it's an Inoue-penned series falling between Changerion and Agito, so maybe it's good.
Well I liked Jetman and I liked Hakaider, so hopefully this will also be in that sweet spot before it all went wrong :sweat:
Specter was subbed, if I am not mistaken, by the now deceased fansub group Elite Justice Fansubs. Good luck trying to find it on the net after all this time. It came out somewhere between 2005-2008.
I just googled it and got a HJU thread from 2007 with Tom announcing the sub's release.
 

That is kinda weird.
Just tossed you a message regarding it, though.
 
American and French openings [particularly the French] are superior to this slow moving dreck of a theme. I wanted to gauge my ear drums after hearing the children sing.....then again, I hate kids singing unless its in horror films.

I think they're tolerable if they're accompanying much older singers or if the song has a decent composition. This one is very lacking in the latter.
 
I think they're tolerable if they're accompanying much older singers or if the song has a decent composition. This one is very lacking in the latter.

True, I agree with this. Much of their role in songs makes me pissed off that they make Bieber sound like Ricky Martin, though I liked the Battle Fever J theme. Not to mention, Ultra 7 and Ultraman No Uta have great compositions.

If the Japanese version of Spectreman's theme had the kick of the french right here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcD4SDGvMgM"]Générique Serie TV - Spectreman (1971) - YouTube[/ame]
 

In all fairness, those are young children singing. Not some pop singer who sings in near-falsetto tones.

As for songs with children singing, I'm quite fond of the theme song for "Ganbare!! Robocon."
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…