Super Sentai should have a alternate universe theme season

Wow. I didn't know there was so much hatred for AkaRed. I can see where the comparison for Decade comes in to play, but I thought Decade was the one that failed because the show set itself up for failure. Like for me, and maybe for others, there was the hope that Decade would reunite us with as much as the original KR alumni as possible, but that didn't seem to happen, though we did get some good actors we all remembered and loved here and there. Not to mention, Decade's story was never fully satisfying to many fans. With AkaRed, it's like we didn't need a story. He was just there, born from the collective eternal souls of all Super Sentai for us to remember forever.

Would AkaRed be more appreciated if he could summon previous rangers ala Decade Complete Form or DiEnd style? We would never see them out of suit, and we might have to hire some voice actors, but I don't think that would be too bad. If I remember, the voice actor doing Ichigo in the All Riders VS DaiShocker movie was very accurate. I think Toei could find voice actors who match the voices of the previous rangers just like we remember them.
 
Last edited:
Would AkaRanger be more appreciated if he could summon previous rangers ala Decade Complete Form or DiEnd style? We would never see them out of suit, and we might have to hire some voice actors, but I don't think that would be too bad.

At least, to me, the biggest problem is that Akared's powers were used as a replacement to the idea of bringing back the previous red warriors. There was this promo shot with the red Rangers from Gao to Magi, but, in the movie, they turned out to be just Akared transformations...

There is a reason that in All Riders the Riders in the final battle weren't just a bunch of Diend summons. Even suit-only, returning heroes can still be characters. "Summons" or "transformations" are pretty much just weapons.

I think the only way to make AkaRed work would be to basically rip-off of Shurikenger's gimmick, where he pops up in human form in the guise of a former Sentai actor...a Red actor, in this case. Which Toei could still get a lot of the old Reds, the only ones who have quit acting are Battle Japan, Denji Red, Goggle Red, Red Mask, and Ginga Red. And the only one who seems like a jerk is Time Red.

If they ever actually make a crossover Sentai, and can bring actors of previous Reds... they should just return as the Reds themselves. No need to put all that effort just for Akared, unless he's there in -addition- to them.
 
The difference between Decade & Aka Red was that Tsukasa as a character was more developed. Where Aka Red just came off as one dimensional.
 
Getting all the original actors back would be extremely, extremely difficult. Especially people like Tamayama and Nagai, who are quite popular stars. Do we want Showa Sentai or just Heisei?

Well, it depends. I mean when KR DCD came out, the production was have some major problems with the development of altering the original Heisei Riders into the AU Rider Worlds and changing each world's story. Now, if this idea were brought to the 35 SS Anniversary for next year, then this might have an advantage and disadvantage because most of the Showa Sentai Heroes and Heroines are either retired or deceased. Show, they would have to find some newer actors to display most the Showa Sentai Heroes, Heroines, and Villains. A few might be coming back as mentor characters. As for the Heisei Sentai Characters...well from the 1990's, that might be possible to have a dozen cameos and the 2000's, obviously have of the original 2000's Sentai characters will come back to reprise their roles respectively, but only to have character alterations. Like what they did in Hibiki's World of Decade.

And, that's about it.
 
Wow. I didn't know there was so much hatred for AkaRed. I can see where the comparison for Decade comes in to play, but I thought Decade was the one that failed because the show set itself up for failure. Like for me, and maybe for others, there was the hope that Decade would reunite us with as much as the original KR alumni as possible, but that didn't seem to happen, though we did get some good actors we all remembered and loved here and there. Not to mention, Decade's story was never fully satisfying to many fans. With AkaRed, it's like we didn't need a story. He was just there, born from the collective eternal souls of all Super Sentai for us to remember forever.

Agreed.:)
I like Akared beter then decade.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTPPLpiBrd4[/ame]
 
Aaaaand LadyMerc is back XD

wi9bhj.jpg


okay, anyway bros, this is what im like sayin here:

The other day I was like going through some of my toku **** and realized that Decade traveled to the Shinkenger world -- obviously for fanboy fodder but w/e -- and this clicked in my brain; If Decade was traveling to Alternate Universes and randomly landed in Shinkenger world then that'd mean Shikenger could be an alternate universe.

But putting all the other crap aside, I then thought " Hey, why not have a Sentai AU traveling show ". I dunno, I just think that taking Timeranger and somehow making it work by tying in all the sentais would be pretty cool. I'm not like OMFG IT HAS TO WORK THIS WAY BECAUSE SUPER SENTAI IS SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS but in a fun " Hey, lets go on an adventure type of deal and chase this bad guy across the sentai universes so we can stop him from destroying the universe ".

Because, while we have these VS shits, it still isn't like... I dunno, it just makes it seem like there's a **** load of all these random sentai teams on the same planet. It never explains if their alternate universes or not. Just that for some reason IN JAPAN OF ALL PLACES there's 35 TEAMS OF RANGERS in the same planet and NONE OF THEM KNOW THEY EXIST. that's all. How many times does Tokyo have to take a beating?

this made no sense. w/e :(
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top